Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2019/20

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2020, 6:09 am

747man wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:53 pm
dezzer111 wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:51 pm
Won't be showing much of the Toffees I suppose, not that much exiting football to be seen in fact it's xxxxxx but 747 still likes to be ridiculed, each to his or her own 😂
Better Than that L-O-N-G Ball xxxxxx You Lot Play...... [-X [-X [-X
That would be the long ball boring style of play thats won them the CL and got them 25 points clear a the top ov the EPL Alan ??

Im hearing League 2 clubs vote to cancel 19/20 season .. and places decided on the points average system tho may be play offs ??

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2020, 11:51 am

If as expected they agree the no prom/rel from League 2 to Nat lge it will play right into the Prems calls for no prom/rel between Prem and Championship ................ you wont allow it so why should we?

Why are they doing ave points, surely home/away fixtures have to be considered ?

just had a rethink re the above question

from beginning ive thought it only a matter of time b4 all 2019/20 cancelled

9th & 10th tiers quickly canc
8th & 7th tiers a few days later
6th & 5th tiers last month
4th tier yesterday
3rd tier expected next week
2nd tier prob at end of the month
Top tier early June (we have really tried every avenue but it has proved impossible :roll: )

We have to be as fair as possible and as precedents have already been set ..... etc etc

Either no prom/rel, or (if Lge 2/ Nat lge have prom/rel) we can relegate Bomo (cap about 12000) rather than West Ham (a team from London with a 60000 cap stadium)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2020, 3:32 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2020, 11:51 am
If as expected they agree the no prom/rel from League 2 to Nat lge it will play right into the Prems calls for no prom/rel between Prem and Championship ................ you wont allow it so why should we?

Why are they doing ave points, surely home/away fixtures have to be considered ?

just had a rethink re the above question

from beginning ive thought it only a matter of time b4 all 2019/20 cancelled

9th & 10th tiers quickly canc OK
8th & 7th tiers a few days later OK
6th & 5th tiers last month OK
4th tier yesterday AGREE OK GOOD MOVE
3rd tier expected next week WILL HAPPEN OK GOOD MOVE
2nd tier prob at end of the month 50/50 WILL MAYBE HAPPEN
Top tier early June (we have really tried every avenue but it has proved impossible :roll: ) WONT HAPPEN TOO MUCH WONGA INVOLVED

We have to be as fair as possible and as precedents have already been set ..... etc etc

Either no prom/rel, or (if Lge 2/ Nat lge have prom/rel) we can relegate Bomo (cap about 12000) rather than West Ham (a team from London with a 60000 cap stadium)

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 16, 2020, 4:12 pm

Got an email from Ryanair this morning cancelling a flight I had booked to Malaga. Was going there in June to watch the Euros with some mates. Will the suffering never end!!

Full refund anyway.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2020, 4:17 pm

samster wrote:
May 16, 2020, 4:12 pm
Got an email from Ryanair this morning cancelling a flight I had booked to Malaga. Was going there in June to watch the Euros with some mates. Will the suffering never end!!

Full refund anyway.
could be worse samster ............. they could have allowed fans back inside Elland Rd to witness this years capitulation =;

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 16, 2020, 4:33 pm

We didn't capitulate last season!!

Was reading some old programmes in lockdown including one from late season 69/70 which was the year of our greatest collapse. I couldn't believe the number of important games we had to play from mid March onwards. Everton were lucky to win the League that year. Just look at those dates and results

https://www.11v11.com/teams/leeds-unite ... ason/1970/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2020, 4:45 pm

Not really up to speed with the betting industry, but cant help wondering if there is a major opportunity to be had with "behind closed doors matches"?
several "away" sides are show at 4 or 5/1 odds, and bearing in mind nobody knows how players/teams will react to the strange circumstances and no "home crowd" advantage I think maybe picking the outsider to win in every game (possibly any 3 from 10 = I think 56 bets? or was that 3 from 8 cant remember) might pay dividends. Just think of the crazy results every season in week one and multiply the chances ............... comments ??........... Ernest?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2020, 6:49 pm

Union Berlin are 17/1 to win at home ............ "anything can happen in Jersey" ..... oops sorry Berlin

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2020, 6:59 pm

samster wrote:
May 16, 2020, 4:33 pm
We didn't capitulate last season!!

Was reading some old programmes in lockdown including one from late season 69/70 which was the year of our greatest collapse. I couldn't believe the number of important games we had to play from mid March onwards. Everton were lucky to win the League that year. Just look at those dates and results

https://www.11v11.com/teams/leeds-unite ... ason/1970/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2020, 7:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2020, 4:45 pm
Not really up to speed with the betting industry, but cant help wondering if there is a major opportunity to be had with "behind closed doors matches"?
several "away" sides are show at 4 or 5/1 odds, and bearing in mind nobody knows how players/teams will react to the strange circumstances and no "home crowd" advantage I think maybe picking the outsider to win in every game (possibly any 3 from 10 = I think 56 bets? or was that 3 from 8 cant remember) might pay dividends. Just think of the crazy results every season in week one and multiply the chances ............... comments ??........... Ernest?
If I thought it would cover the costs of a visa agent for an extension, I would go for it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2020, 7:23 pm

I x treble tam Union Berlin (17/1), Freiburg (43/5) and Schalke (11/2) all to win, B100 bet comes to about B112,000

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2020, 11:51 am

Dortmund 4 Schalke 0. Oh well...

Upside of Covid-19 is no more exuberant and cringeworthy outbreaks of manlove when they score a goal.
the new normal.jpg
Erling Haaland celebrates at a distance from teammates after opening the scoring at an empty Signal Iduna Park.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2020, 12:05 pm

They obviously forgot to tell the Hertha players who celebrated their first goal with the usual hugs n kisses

Gotta feel for Freiburg (43/5 to win) ........ led for about an hour, got pulled back, then had what would have been an injury time winner chalked off by var :evil:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2020, 12:18 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 17, 2020, 12:05 pm
They obviously forgot to tell the Hertha players who celebrated their first goal with the usual hugs n kisses

Gotta feel for Freiburg (43/5 to win) ........ led for about an hour, got pulled back, then had what would have been an injury time winner chalked off by var :evil:
As you say, it appears that Hertha didn't get the memo. I just looked up the extended Bundesliga's new rules for Covid-19 infractions and violations. It lists any overt breach of off-the ball social distancing rules will be penalised by having to play games behind closed doors.

Oh, wait...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2020, 3:30 pm

But .......... if they closed the doors it would then be an INDOOR arena and Ms Merkel only sanctioned outdoor sports

That rule is there for the TV companies tam, like them Japanese type game shows there will be a choice of three doors at various places on the pitch ...... choose the wrong one and you fall into a pit full of snakes or saurkraut, pick the right door and your through one on one with the keeper

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 18, 2020, 6:48 pm

next domino down ........

Ladbrokes Premiership and SPFL Season 2019/20 curtailed as Premiership clubs reach unanimous agreement that top flight cannot be finished.

Full details: https://spfl.co.uk/news/ladbrokes

rumours that 2 German players tested positive after yesterdays games

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 19, 2020, 12:16 am

From BBC

"Chelsea and England winger Callum Hudson-Odoi was arrested on suspicion of rape in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police and an ambulance were called to an address in London at 03:53 BST to a report of an unwell woman.

When emergency services attended, a women reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital.

Hudson-Odoi, 19, was arrested at the scene and has since been released from custody.

He has been bailed to return on a date in mid-June as enquiries continue.

Chelsea have declined to comment.

Hudson-Odoi, who has three England caps and in September signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, was the first Premier League player to test positive for coronavirus.

He made a full recovery and, like other Chelsea players, is waiting to return to training before any proposed restart to the season.

Some reports have suggested the woman involved visited Hudson-Odoi from another address.

If so, that would have been in breach of lockdown rules, which specify that only one person from each household may meet as long as they remain outdoors and keep two metres apart."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 19, 2020, 6:48 pm

Hull oppose restart

Hull City have been revealed as the first club to oppose to restarting the Championship season.

Ehab Allam, the club’s vice-chairman, has written to EFL chairman Rick Parry and the 23 rival Championship clubs to outline his "serious concerns" over football's return amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It has been previously reported that five second-tier clubs are rebelling against a season restart, with three said to be from Yorkshire, with Hull City being the first club.

The Hull City chief has claimed the club will face costs of around £1.2million in failing to complete the season and addresses his fears over sporting integrity, revealing that he will vote against potential changes to contract extensions beyond June 30.

The Tigers sit one place and two points above the relegation places having failed to win a Championship match since New Year's Day.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2020, 6:59 pm

Tigers Tigers Rar Rar Rar... no real suprize they they wanna bottle it n cancel as likely to go down ..

Hull terrible place twinned with Basra and the worst accent in the whole of the UK .. not a a fan

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 19, 2020, 8:07 pm

BAME request

The Professional Footballers’ Association has asked the Premier League to conduct extra research into the possible effects of coronavirus on black and ethnic minority players.

The request was made as clubs are due to go back to training this week after the Premier League’s protocols was unanimously approved by the 20 top-flight clubs in Monday’s shareholder meeting.

The Guardian reports that a substantial number of BAME players have expressed strong concerns to the players’ union over a return - including Watford captain Troy Deeney, who has said he will not be joining club training because of health concerns.

Data from the UK Office for National Statistics suggest that black people are four times more likely to die of coronavirus than white people and that a greater risk of death existed even after removing factors such as deprivation or existing health conditions.

Mark Gillett, the Premier League’s medical adviser, has said that the league would be monitoring the risk to BAME players, stating: “We will do everything we can to mitigate against [the risk] … as more information becomes available but the risk in young fit athletes is still very small and I think that is an important factor.”

As of Monday 18th May, almost 250,000 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in the UK and there has been just under 35,000 deaths, the highest number across Europe.

The Premier League is pushing ahead with Project Restart plans to resume the 2019/20 season from mid-June behind closed doors and has been encouraged by the Bundesliga’s own return to action at the weekend.

Return to “World Sports”