English Premier League 2019/20

General sports news and discussions.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2019/20

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 11:33 am

Statement from Bill Shankly's Grandson.....( Sorry, Sateeb There's NO Link )....
EcWSgDVXkAEQMeu.jpg

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 8, 2020, 12:59 pm

yes we know its terrible it goes on,has been for years,i could give you a few examples of everton fans defacing liverpool stuff,how long are you going to go on about this??? is this some type of smoke screen that your clinging onto?maybe its your way of avoiding talking about the football side of things????

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 8, 2020, 2:01 pm

747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 11:33 am
Statement from Bill Shankly's Grandson.....( Sorry, Sateeb There's NO Link )....
Christopher Carline wrote:You're not Liverpool fans...
That's what I said yesterday.... And your point is?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 2:07 pm

Sateeb wrote:
July 8, 2020, 2:01 pm
747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 11:33 am
Christopher Carline wrote:You're not Liverpool fans...
That's what I said yesterday.... And your point is?
Well they Ain't Evertonians Are They ?? Maybe it was those Man Utd Fans from 35 Miles Upthe East Lanc's Road, Or Chelsea Fans from 200 Miles away in Londonistan......Get Real " Get A Life " Of Course it was Liverpool Fans who did it.......Who Else ??.......Yer All the Same,All in DENIAL !! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 8, 2020, 2:31 pm

Wouldn't want them as liverpool fans, but let's be clear, until someone is found guilty of this horrible crime and establish what was their thinking behind it, let's just call him or she a perpetrator, until such time let's not speculate.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 8, 2020, 3:14 pm

tamada wrote:
July 7, 2020, 5:04 pm
GT93 wrote:
July 7, 2020, 4:43 pm
Some of you lads seem a bit obsessed with 747man's posts. I doubt you're going to change his mind on the big issues that we passionately discuss in here. 747man's not for turning. ;)
It's like they're' in a wee, red cage and 747's poking blue sticks through the bars. Weird ...
Very good. :lol:

Not one of our Liverpool supporters seems to have escaped yet.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 6:34 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
July 8, 2020, 12:59 pm
yes we know its terrible it goes on,has been for years,i could give you a few examples of everton fans defacing liverpool stuff,how long are you going to go on about this??? is this some type of smoke screen that your clinging onto?maybe its your way of avoiding talking about the football side of things????
"How Long Am I Going to go on about this YOU ask ??" It Only Happened 3 Bloody Days Ago !!!!

O.K. Are YOU Up for a Challenge on Football Knowledge ? It Seems Yer Mate Dezzer Isn't !! :shock: :shock: :shock:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 7:40 pm

Everton, for numerous reasons, have become the second club in the city in recent years. It makes sense that some of their fans might feel resentful. What is less explicable is that Liverpool supporters have become more unpleasant and provocative at a time when they should be enjoying the glory rather than baiting Evertonians.

A statute of the Everton legend was damaged after a flare was set alight and left on it
A statute of the Everton legend was damaged after a flare was set alight and left on it (AFP)
A certain amount of gloating is acceptable – enjoying your rivals’ misery is part of the football experience. In the past few weeks Liverpool supporters have seriously overstepped the mark. It is not only Everton supporters who were aghast that fans flocked to Anfield despite the pandemic in the hours after the title was secured. Events the following night, when thousands gathered on the waterfront and a flare was fired into the Liver Building, felt like a more direct insult. The globally recognised property is owned by Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s majority shareholder, and contains club offices. The latest outrage is an act of sheer malice.

Dean was not just a Goodison hero but a huge figure on Merseyside. He was born in Birkenhead and played for Tranmere Rovers before moving to Everton. His 60 league goals in the 1927-28 is a record that is unlikely to be beaten. A change in the offside laws led to a glut of scoring during the campaign but even in this context Dean’s feat was remarkable.

He was the epitome of a local hero and, like Bill Shankly, drew admirers across the divide. Dean transcended factionalism and when he died during the 1980 derby at Goodison Park, there was widespread sadness and dismay. Earlier that day Shankly, his great friend, had paid tribute to the Everton legend during lunch at a city centre hotel. “Dixie was the greatest centre forward there will ever be,” the Scot said. “He belongs in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Shakespeare and Rembrandt.”

Watch more

Everton assisting police after flare ignited on Dean statue
The people who placed the flare on Dean’s image undoubtedly idolise Shankly, which makes the behaviour even more unfathomable.

Statues have become an issue because of the Black Lives Matter campaign and the connections with slavery and racism to many of the figures on plinths. Dean, too, was on the receiving end of bigoted attitudes.

Trump news – live: Niece's book portrays president as traumatised narcissist who 'cheats as way of life' as coronavirus surges in California
His nickname was ‘Dixie,’ a term used to describe the group of slave-owning states in the American south. It is thought to have been bestowed on Dean because of his dark skin tone and black curly hair. While he is said to have hated being called the name because he understood its deeply racist roots.

Dean deserved better. His memory deserves more respect.

Liverpool and Everton supporters have achieved so much when they have come together. Their unity over Hillsborough has been magnificent and their work in unison in creating and managing foodbanks has been inspiring over past few years.

The flare is unlikely to have inflicted permanent damage on the statue but it has caused significant harm to the relationship between the two sets of fans. Those who carried out the act should be ashamed.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 8, 2020, 8:03 pm

747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 6:34 pm
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
"How Long Am I Going to go on about this YOU ask ??" It Only Happened 3 Bloody Days Ago !!!!

O.K. Are YOU Up for a Challenge on Football Knowledge ? It Seems Yer Mate Dezzer Isn't !! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Football trivia not just about Everton.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 8, 2020, 8:09 pm

747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:

You do go on and on about this episode don't you 747,let it go.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 8, 2020, 8:29 pm

747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:

im on about the constant going on about naughty liverpool fans,you could talk a glass eye to sleep its not going to go away liverpool are champions get over it, as for a challenge on football knowledge well that would be a none starter seeing as we are both on the naughty step (delayed posting) besides if you wern,t happy with an answear you would report the post as usual oh and theres a thing called google you might of heard about it?allows anyone to become an expert at everything,but i think dezzer told you that???,Btw ''MIND THE GAP''

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 8:38 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
July 8, 2020, 8:29 pm
747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:

im on about the constant going on about naughty liverpool fans,you could talk a glass eye to sleep its not going to go away liverpool are champions get over it, as for a challenge on football knowledge well that would be a none starter seeing as we are both on the naughty step (delayed posting) besides if you wern,t happy with an answear you would report the post as usual oh and theres a thing called google you might of heard about it?allows anyone to become an expert at everything,but i think dezzer told you that???,Btw ''MIND THE GAP''
But I Wouldn't Need to Use Google...... [-X [-X [-X

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 8, 2020, 9:09 pm

I won't quote 747's copy and paste above but it again begs the question about what it has to do with Liverpool fans. Statues are being attacked all over the world so is he blaming Liverpool fans for attacking them all?

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 8, 2020, 9:12 pm

Sateeb wrote:
July 8, 2020, 9:09 pm
I won't quote 747's copy and paste above but it again begs the question about what it has to do with Liverpool fans. Statues are being attacked all over the world so is he blaming Liverpool fans for attacking them all?
Looks that way mate.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 8, 2020, 9:21 pm

747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 7:40 pm
Trump news – live: Niece's book portrays president as traumatised narcissist who 'cheats as way of life' as coronavirus surges in California
Those Liverpool supporters spreading Coronavirus in California eh! :roll:

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 8, 2020, 9:25 pm

747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 7:40 pm
His nickname was ‘Dixie,’ a term used to describe the group of slave-owning states in the American south. It is thought to have been bestowed on Dean because of his dark skin tone and black curly hair. While he is said to have hated being called the name because he understood its deeply racist roots.
Liverpool need to sign a black player or two to shake off those racism claims.

Oh hang on a minute. :roll:

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 8, 2020, 10:35 pm

747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 8:38 pm
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:

You would loose hands down without google, your knowledge of footy is very limited, one can tell by what you post regarding footy 😂 😂 😂.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 10:55 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
July 8, 2020, 9:12 pm
Sateeb wrote:
July 8, 2020, 9:09 pm
Looks that way mate.
Oh ! Don't Be Silly Of Course I'm NOT, But They DO Have a LOT To do with The Everton Ones....Put the Boot on the other Foot,How Would You lot like it if an Everton Fan Desecrated The Hillsbrough Memorial,Which would NEVER Happen & YOU Know it !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 11:03 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
July 8, 2020, 10:35 pm
747man wrote:
July 8, 2020, 8:38 pm
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:

You would loose hands down without google, your knowledge of footy is very limited, one can tell by what you post regarding footy 😂 😂 😂.
So Is that why YOU are so Eager to take up My Challenge ?? NO,Thought NOT....Told Yer Anytime,Any Place....Me, Little Oirish xxxxx !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 8, 2020, 11:19 pm

Will ALL The Reds on Here Please start a " Go-Fund Me Page " For one of you DESTITUTE Ex-Players,He's Desperate....

Merseytravel explain why they wouldn't give John Barnes 20p change after Liverpool legend called out tunnel charge
The toll fee is £1.80 but the former Reds star only had £2 and took to Twitter to share his frustration

SHARES
ByLottie Gibbons
12:34, 8 JUL 2020UPDATED13:09, 8 JUL 2020
NEWS

John Barnes spoke out about his experience on Twitter

Merseytravel has explained why they wouldn't give John Barnes his change after the Liverpool star lost out on 20p when making a trip to the city.

Yesterday (June 8), John used the Mersey Tunnel to travel from Wirral to Liverpool.

The toll fee was £1.80 but the Liverpool legend only had £2 and he was left puzzled when told he couldn't have his 20p change. ( Ain't That a Bloody Shame ?? )

John wrote on Twitter: "Just been through the Mersey tunnel from Wirral to Liverpool £1.80... only had a £2 coin so went to attendant where you go to get change...

"He took my £2 but said he can’t give change... how can you handle money but not give out change?", followed by an angry-face emoji.

Merseytravel explained to the ECHO that change is not being given at the minute to reduce the risk of virus transmission for staff and customers.

In a statement, they said: "People using the Mersey Tunnels are being asked to pay by Fast Tag, contactless bank card or with exact change as staff are unable to give change at this time.

"This is to minimise hand-to-hand contact, reduce the possible spread of the Coronavirus and to help keep customers and staff safe.

"Payment via cash is made into automated collection baskets or into devices held by staff.

"This information is shared in all of our wider travel messaging and is displayed on variable message signs as you approach the Tunnels.

Return to “World Sports”