udonmap.com

Re: World Cup

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2019, 6:38 pm

Still raining in Bristol ...... Summer expected mid September as usual :-$

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 11, 2019, 7:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Still raining in Bristol ...... Summer expected mid September as usual :-$
Bristol City
What a pity

This will kill any chance to gain momentum for SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2019, 8:10 pm

From ESPN

1.57pm The match is abandoned. Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will split points for this one, as 2019 becomes the World Cup with the most abandoned games. Just to explain the distinction between 'Abandoned' and 'No Result', let me quote Varun Shetty here: "A match is called Abandoned if no toss happens - today will be the second instance in this World Cup, making it the highest number of abandoned games in a WC. A match that has had a toss and then doesn't get completed due to rain gets a No Result - there has only been one of those in this World Cup. The record is two, shared between '92 and '03"

So this is how the points table will look after this match. You suspect, of the two teams, Bangladesh is the one likelier to view this as a point dropped rather than one point gained

Sri Lanka play Australia next at The Oval on Saturday, while Bangladesh get almost a week off before meeting West Indies at Taunton on Monday.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 12, 2019, 9:48 am

Aussies should defeat the Pakistanis today. But will need to have Warner scoring at a much higher run rate. To much pressure on those coming in later if he allows to many dot balls.
Will the bright cloudless days of a Pom summer continue to be the winner. Temps will probably be in the sweltering 16c range.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 12, 2019, 10:12 am

Barney wrote:
June 12, 2019, 9:48 am
Aussies should defeat the Pakistanis today. But will need to have Warner scoring at a much higher run rate. To much pressure on those coming in later if he allows to many dot balls.
Will the bright cloudless days of a Pom summer continue to be the winner. Temps will probably be in the sweltering 16c range.

Had to let the erks loosen their ties when it got that hot in the office or they would keep going out to get ice creams and oggle the totty on the concourse [-X

Pakis will be under instruction NOT to get Warner out at all costs. :D Aussies will have taken cheating to the next level and bribed the TV umpire to give him out even when hes clearly not out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 13, 2019, 8:58 am

Warner has provided faith that he will now surge ahead and deliver for the rest of the tournament.
Pakistan were terrible in the field and that cost them a real chance of knocking the Aussies off.
Big game today India / NZ
Difficult to pick a winner. I’ll go with our Anzac mates.
Friday will most likely be a washout for England . The 1 point will stifle there run to the semis.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 13, 2019, 2:16 pm

Your predictions are getting worse Barney.

I’m in England atm and, today will probably be a wash out with tomorrow dry but cloudy.

England will make the semis with India, Windies and (unfortunately), your lot

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 13, 2019, 4:19 pm

samster wrote:Your predictions are getting worse Barney.

I’m in England atm and, today will probably be a wash out with tomorrow dry but cloudy.

England will make the semis with India, Windies and (unfortunately), your lot
Good one samster. I’ll note your semi finalists and comment later on the day Image
Nice to have someone with boots or galoshes on the ground providing accurate weather and pitch reports. Looks like you have nominated rain correctly.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 13, 2019, 5:16 pm

Got a ticket for England v Sri Lanka next Friday so, fingers crossed it clears up a bit in the next week!

Last time I saw England play SL in the world cup was in Wellington in 2015 which followed on from a hammering by NZ. 2 of Englands most abject displays in recent times......hope I'm not a jinx!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 14, 2019, 12:42 pm

Here's hoping that the Eng v WI game suffers the same as yesterdays matches [-o<

Woakes and Plunkett bowling to Chris Gayle just doesn't bear thinking about :yikes: :crying: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 16, 2019, 8:58 am

I came across this in an English rag:

"While supporters across the country expected to be sipping jugs of ice cold Pimm’s, applying layer upon layer of sun cream and watching the world’s best cricketers ply their trade this month, many have instead been forced to sip warming cups of tea, don rain jackets and watch groundstaff apply waterproof covers."

Perhaps while the UK is still in the EU they should have scheduled some matches in Spain.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 16, 2019, 9:20 am

Canada downed New Zealand 2-0 in World Cup play (women's soccer) so they will advance to the final 18.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2019, 10:24 am

amazing how one minor incident can effect a game.

Ceylon were 115 - 0 (at almost 8 an over) well ahead of the asking rate which had by then dropped to just over 5 per over.
Starc bowls a NO BALL which gets missed by the umpires, it hits Karunaratne on the pad and they go through for a leg bye. 2 balls later Perera who was doing most of the quick scoring gets out. If the no ball gets called they dont cross for the lb so Karunaratne is still on strike and facing the ball that dismissed Perera. Not saying the ball would not still have got the wicket, but even if it had, I'm pretty sure that Perera would have kept the total ticking over at a reasonable rate. As it happened after Perera was given out the innings seemed to run into a brick wall with Karunaratne in particular guilty of facing far too many "dot balls" before he was finally out for 97 about 15 overs later with the run rate having dropped from nearly 8 to 5 . ??. From then on the task of chasing at nearly 9 an over was far beyond the remaining batsmen.

Suppose its all comes down to that old Aussie saying "If yer can't cheat .... be lucky" :lol: :lol: :lol:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 16, 2019, 11:34 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 14, 2019, 12:42 pm

Woakes and Plunkett bowling to Chris Gayle just doesn't bear thinking about :yikes: :crying: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

Why??!! :D :D \:D/ \:D/ :-" :-"

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 16, 2019, 11:38 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 16, 2019, 9:20 am
Canada downed New Zealand 2-0 in World Cup play (women's soccer) so they will advance to the final 18.
Wrong world cup; wrong thread! DO try to pay attention! :oops: :oops: [-X [-X

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 16, 2019, 12:25 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 16, 2019, 8:58 am
I came across this in an English rag:

"While supporters across the country expected to be sipping jugs of ice cold Pimm’s, applying layer upon layer of sun cream and watching the world’s best cricketers ply their trade this month, many have instead been forced to sip warming cups of tea, don rain jackets and watch groundstaff apply waterproof covers."

Perhaps while the UK is still in the EU they should have scheduled some matches in Spain.
What a ---- hole of a country. No wonder Thailand is full of soap dodgers looking for a few rays of sunshine :D :D.
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2019, 3:55 pm

Indies v Pakis today in the capital of rain Manchester ....... but, for some unknown reason best known to the locals .... It's NOT raining :confused:

Suppose when you have so many gods being consulted about the game the weather gods have to take a back seat :lol:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 16, 2019, 3:56 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 16, 2019, 10:24 am
amazing how one minor incident can effect a game.

Ceylon were 115 - 0 (at almost 8 an over) well ahead of the asking rate which had by then dropped to just over 5 per over.
Starc bowls a NO BALL which gets missed by the umpires, it hits Karunaratne on the pad and they go through for a leg bye. 2 balls later Perera who was doing most of the quick scoring gets out. If the no ball gets called they dont cross for the lb so Karunaratne is still on strike and facing the ball that dismissed Perera. Not saying the ball would not still have got the wicket, but even if it had, I'm pretty sure that Perera would have kept the total ticking over at a reasonable rate. As it happened after Perera was given out the innings seemed to run into a brick wall with Karunaratne in particular guilty of facing far too many "dot balls" before he was finally out for 97 about 15 overs later with the run rate having dropped from nearly 8 to 5 . ??. From then on the task of chasing at nearly 9 an over was far beyond the remaining batsmen.

Suppose its all comes down to that old Aussie saying "If yer can't cheat .... be lucky" :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why my money is on Australia.
Similar thing against the WI. Gayle should have been on a 'free hit'. Instead he gets out. Think the umpires have decided to ignore 'no balls' committed by the Aussies. [-X

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2019, 6:19 pm

Wouldn't that involve teaching the other NINE to cheat as well? :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2019, 7:47 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 16, 2019, 3:55 pm
Indies v Pakis today in the capital of rain Manchester ....... but, for some unknown reason best known to the locals .... It's NOT raining :confused:

Suppose when you have so many gods being consulted about the game the weather gods have to take a back seat :lol:
Took it's time, but we were not to be disappointed .......... RAINING IN MANCHESTER :lol: :shock:

Return to “World Sports”