World Cup

General sports news and discussions.
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup

Post by Barney » June 7, 2019, 3:02 pm

Great win by the aussies and fantastic efforts by Starc to get a 5 for and Coulter-Nile to get a well earned 92. Really nice clean power hitting.

Not the best team performance by us but it does show that individuals from the team can and will have an impact.

The WI's unfortunately being in England for a while now have caught the well worn Pom vibe of, if the game goes the wrong way, then whinge about what others did wrong to deflect the real blame, or am I confusing Brexit there. Any way there were mistakes but not for the first time in international cricket. The review system did help them immensely which is what it is for. They lost the game by not taking a couple of vital catches which gave the aussies the vital 30 odd extra runs required to give their bowlers a chance, especially after their opening bowlers really stuck it up the aussie first 5 or 6 batsmen by using them as punching bags on the ropes. Many other teams would have capitulated. The windies will continue with the short stuff and this will intimidate a few teams.
Pakistan to win tonight in a close one.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

"Pakistan to win tonight in a close one."

Thats if they ever get started ...... its down in the West Country ..... bound to be plenty of Brizzle Drizzle :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 4:39 pm

Just looked to see how it was going ....... shock horror ..... delayed coz of rain :roll:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

It looks a washout, unfortunately nothing to see here move along folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 7:00 pm

Competition need to be revamped so as it will fit into the English Summer (18th - 23rd Sept)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Long way to go in this tournament. Let’s hope the English summer can provide good weather and not to many more washouts.
Washouts for the English games will certainly put a dent into in their aspiration to push for at least a 4th place to have a crack in the semi’s.
What will the Cardiff weather hold for the vital game for Bangladesh today.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2019, 8:26 pm

England 386 - 6

If the bowlers let them chase that score down there needs to be an armed guard on the civilized side of the severn bridge making sure they have to spend eternity shaggin' sheep in the valleys :lol:

Afganies were 66 - 0 ..... now 66 - 3

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 9, 2019, 11:27 am

Huge win for England. To be expected I suppose, England are the odds on favourite in the tournament.
Bangladesh just don’t have the bowling fire power to close out a game. The Poms treated the last 5 overs as a 20 over game. Must have scored 60 plus in that time. But the size of the oval is extremely small for recognised international big hitters. A big hit of 85 meters was out of the ground and a new ball called for.
Our kiwi mates made short and easy work of the minnows Afghanistan.
Crucial match today. India vs Australia. I’ve polished the crystal ball again and looked deep.
Aussie’s easy victors.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 10, 2019, 1:56 am

Barney wrote:
June 9, 2019, 11:27 am
Crucial match today. India vs Australia. I’ve polished the crystal ball again and looked deep.
Aussie’s easy victors. Image

Whoops!!

Just watched footage of Zampa playing pocket billiards. Hmmmmmmmm.....doesnt look good

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2019, 8:17 am

It doesn't look good whatever the hell he's doing. Langer should have told his lads not do anything suspicious because the internet is full of armchair critics itching to have a go. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 10, 2019, 10:24 am

aaarrrrre you Afghanistan in disguise ??

Should be compulsory for a team captain to state BEFORE the innings starts that they have absolutely no intention of trying to make a match out of it, so as the fans can adjourn to the beer tent [-X [-X [-X

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 10, 2019, 12:15 pm

Barney, do us a favour and don't tip England to win any more games. Your a jinx. :D

Don't like to see Warner and Smith being booed all the time.

Zampa, what were you thinking. Anything suspicious will be viewed in a negative light. You would think Aussie cricketers would be made to turn out their pockets before entering the field to avoid instances like this.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

A lot of folks are very unhappy with what Warner and Smith did. No doubt those booing have led much more blameless lives than Warner and Smith. :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 10, 2019, 1:53 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 10, 2019, 1:33 pm
A lot of folks are very unhappy with what Warner and Smith did. No doubt those booing have led much more blameless lives than Warner and Smith. :lol:
I'm sure MOST would have led much more "blameless lives" on the cricket pitch [-X

ALL CHEATS should get a LIFE BAN from the game, I'm disgusted with Kohli apologising to Smith for the fans booing him.

Once a cheat (and cry baby) always a cheat

Good on the Indian fans for telling Smith & Warner that cheats are NOT WANTED.

Indian Cricket authorities need to apologise to the fans and clearly state that unlike Kohli they do not think that you can blatently cheat, say sorry. and be allowed back into the sport afterwards ..... THIS IS CRICKET not bloomin' Aussie rules

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2019, 2:11 pm

I suspect there are quite a few Arthur Daleys in the crowd who will be enjoying the booing. Warner is a serial offender when it comes to bad on-field behaviour. I think he deserves the stick for his whole history. That will be part of the booing too. They'll get used to it and in time turn it to their advantage.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 10, 2019, 2:21 pm

Its about time the Cricket authorities grew some balls :evil:

anyone found cheating is cheating the game/the players/the teams and most of all the paying fans.

Cheating/match fixing etc etc = LIFE BAN from ALL cricket activities including reporting or even scoring at a kids match [-X

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 10, 2019, 2:29 pm

Australia deserve a lot of criticism from that game. India totally dominated from the get go. What is in Warner’s head for so far going so slow. At a loss to understand if he is playing to team instructions. 30 plus dot balls from him, unbelievable. Stoinis, well why is he there?
Zampa needs not worry about the public perception of him as he has always put his hand in his pocket throughout his career, just habit. I to thought he might be doing an Atherton and had a pocket full of dirt or boiled lollies. But I was wrong in that thought. Nothing that sinister. But those who only look for the bad side of life will always cry foul. It’s only human nature for negative thinkers to shoot first.
Afghanistan are minnows the same as Bangladesh were some years ago, they will get hammered most games, but are going to leave the tournament a better cricketing nation. There’s plenty of time to go to the beer tent in a cricket match. No need to retire there permanently.
The Poms dressed in blue can boo all they like, we certainly don’t need apologetic patronizing comment from Kholi.
My prediction is, England will cruise through this tournament and my thought is they will lose 1 game only. The semi or the final.
Dark horse is still the WI to challenge the current cup holders.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 10, 2019, 2:58 pm

England will not win the trophy ...... it's not in the DNA. Finishing 2nd or 3rd is a "Moral" victory to us Brits :lol:

agreed that Afghanistan are minnows and that they could not be expected to go out all guns blazing to chase an England total that was 50 odd more than the highest total they had ever scored, but for Australia to not even TRY to chase down a good but not excessive Indian total is not acceptable.
Did they not realise the amount of fans that had attended expecting to see an Aussie victory?
Did they not realise that there were thousands of Brits stood at bars in Earls Court and Putney who couldn't get pint coz all the Aussie bar staff were at the oval [-X

Thought they had woken up when after 4 or 5 overs of dots and occasional one's they hit 19 in one over, but then back to dots/ones for 4 or 5 overs ..... then 15 in an over followed by more dots and ones.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 10, 2019, 5:05 pm

SA making another mighty Quinton de Kock up of it :lol:

Perhaps the skipper can Faf around and put some runs on the board :roll:

28 - 2 in 7 overs

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 11, 2019, 9:16 am

I think for a team to qualify for the last 4 they cant afford to have a record worse than won 6, lost 3....although abandonments could change that ?
England have already lost to Pakistan and have still to play West Indies,New Zealand,Australia and India.
They have to win at least a couple of those to make the semi final imo.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “World Sports”