World Cup

General sports news and discussions.
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup

Post by GT93 » June 26, 2019, 3:15 am

Well done to the winners. I heard a BBC commentator interviewed on RNZ this morning. There were hints of the big English blowtorch coming out against the English team. 8)

The Aussies might yet do a Scott Morrison and unexpectedly win the big one.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 26, 2019, 5:41 am

We expect to win GT (the difference between us and them). Every 4 years we put a decent team together. Those pommy (and world 11) impostors thrashed us 5 - 0 twelve months ago but now that the real games are being played the cream rises and the chokers spit and swallow as has always been the way.
You just can't expect grade cricketers like Vince, Morgan (makes runs against nobody and in meaningless games) Woakes and Ali to compete with best in world cricket like Smith, Warner, Finch and Stark.
GT the only decent one day cricketer they have is the basher from Christchurch. What a win. What a win. What a win.
Watch Me!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 26, 2019, 3:44 pm

2 outstanding balls by Starc to Root and Stokes were the difference yesterday.

I still think that England will qualify, particularly if Roy returns, and, will beat the Aussies in the semis.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 26, 2019, 3:53 pm

Personally I think there is more chance of Rafa Benitez staying on as manager of Newcastle than there is of England winning the cricket World Cup.
Mind you if we would have had Anderson and Broad opening the bowling yesterday, with the ball seaming about, the Aussie's would have been lucky to make 200
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » June 26, 2019, 4:15 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 26, 2019, 3:53 pm
Mind you if we would have had Anderson and Broad opening the bowling yesterday, with the ball seaming about, the Aussie's would have been lucky to make 200
And if Don Bradman was there, it would have been different. Anderson and Broad werent there, end of story and glad they werent on the field lol.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 26, 2019, 6:29 pm

Now the Pakis look to be rolling the Kiwis in Birmingstan. Bad 24 hours for the hosts :lol: :lol: . Pakis will put them out of the top 4 and they won't return as on form they couldn't possibly get close to India or NZ.
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 27, 2019, 8:49 am

Kiwis came back to earth and now realise their full potential.
I’ll be hoping for Windies win today and SL tomorrow.
Hope the Aussies stay in their peaking zone. Great win over the best team in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Some readers will have their fingers crossed that the best team in the world can't make the semis even when they're playing at home. 8)

A big ask.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 30, 2019, 9:23 am

Game of the tournament, so far, tonight. Will the best team in the world turn up? Will it be the end for the Irishman and his world 11? Will it be a home game for the World 11 Poms or the Indians in Brombay?
Aussies were brilliant in trying conditions yesterday at Lords although Williamson may have missed a trick when he failed to bowl Bolt when they had us 5-90.
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 30, 2019, 11:54 am

Can anyone think of ONE reason (apart from match fixing) where the captain of a team brings himself on to bowl with the opposition needing virtually 10 an over for about 5 overs and managing about 3 an over for the preceding 15 overs against spin, given that his spinners still had plenty of overs left? Letting Pakistan score 18 off your over to get back into the game was too obvious. As if that was not enough his bowlers then took another wicket and fought back to leave the pakis needing 6 off the last over which was obviously too risky, so he brought himself back on to bowl the last over and make sure Pakistan got the required runs [-X [-X [-X

Noted comment from Cricinfo reporter "46 off 30. You can cut the tension with a knife. Gulbadin decides to bowl. Don't think that's the wisest thing. He has spin options. One expensive over and Pakistan will have this."

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » July 1, 2019, 5:49 am

Even more blatant match fixing in the Indian run chase yesterday. They didn't even have a dip. The Pakis and Bangies cheating for Pakistan to get in. The Indians cheating to make sure the that the Pakis don't get in.
Watch Me!!

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » July 1, 2019, 6:52 am

Seems the Antipodeans have ecome experts in Cheating ever since "SandpaperGate"?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 1, 2019, 7:37 am

Good solid win for England yesturday , considering the Indians were playing at home .
I would imagine the resident Kiwi troll is as sick as !!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 1, 2019, 8:16 am

Yes with conspiracy theories aside the Poms did well to finally put a good score batting first. Bairstow had to come good. Now they are hanging on by their fingernails to make the last 4 and just have to beat the kiwis and they are home and hosed. But, if the Pakis beat Bangladesh then it’s curtains. A safer trail would be a washout for England to at least get 1 point and get through on run rate. A few twists to go yet.
On match fixing I personally have always thought that a capt could throw away his reviews to help a required result. There has been one or 2 that commentators have questioned as silly reviews this tournament.
Aussies are looking strong but anything can happen on the day.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 1, 2019, 11:22 am

Congrats to England on what was a surprise victory... for me anyway.
England are a bit of an enigma.... how can they play so well against India yet so poorly against Sri Lanka?
And India 31 runs short but only 5 wickets down!
The vindaloo coming out of their fans rear entrance will be even more painful today!
I wouldn't take England beating New Zealand for granted but likewise Bangladesh could surprise Pakistan.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » July 1, 2019, 2:18 pm

goodison wrote:
July 1, 2019, 6:52 am
Seems the Antipodeans have ecome experts in Cheating ever since "SandpaperGate"?
Mere amateurs Chubby me old mate. That's why we got caught \:D/ \:D/ . We have so much to learn from our sub continental brothers. Aussie v Pom semi final or final? Wouldn't that be great. We could get some away revenge for 2003.... and Johnny fockn Wilkinson (still scarred by that day at Harry's).
Watch Me!!

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » July 1, 2019, 3:05 pm

Nothing to do with the rugby though Mark.....................

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » July 1, 2019, 6:56 pm

tataw wrote:
July 1, 2019, 3:05 pm
Nothing to do with the rugby though Mark.....................
No Dean nothing to do with the rugby but everything to do with the ribbing I had to cop. I don't know why David is calling your mob cheats though. Maybe he is suggesting that Kane Williamson and the kiwis were 'lying down,' by not bringing Boult back onto bowl when you had us 5-90 the other night. That was another strange piece of captaincy at an unusual world cup.
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 3, 2019, 11:32 am

Couple of scenarios left for the final 4.
Poms have to win today then it’s end of story. If they lose and the pakis win then it’s say goodnight to the hosts.
Both the Poms and kiwis will be primed to win, for different reasons.
If there was a conspiracy theory then East and West Pakistan May collude an outcome. But they are not really mates.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 3, 2019, 12:08 pm

Do you not think Bangladesh are capable of beating Pakistan?

Return to “World Sports”