World Cup

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup

Post by stattointhailand » June 19, 2019, 2:04 pm

Local forecast for Brum today ..... I think it's looking good for at least a result if not a full game.

"A yellow weather warning for Birmingham is currently in place as the city faces a deluge of weather today.

Torrential rain and thunderstorms have lashed parts of the UK overnight as unsettled weather continues to cause disruption across the country.

The alert is in place in Brum until 9pm Wednesday, after beginning at 6pm yesterday evening (Tuesday).

Homes were left without power and roads were flooded in parts of the South East, while Lenham in Kent saw 42mm of rain in the space of just one hour.

The Met Office said the deluge in the village, which lies between Maidstone and Ashford, came between 11pm on Tuesday and midnight.

In Birmingham, after a damp start with grey skies it will become brighter through the morning.

There will be some sunshine, however, thunderstorms will be possible in the east.

Any lingering showers will ease and it will become dry by the late evening.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 19, 2019, 2:58 pm

Barney wrote:
June 19, 2019, 12:48 pm

Seems strange and almost a question mark as to why the Indians have not had the same games as others in the draw. They have been 1 game behind all the others and will be for another couple of weeks. Allows a team to move into a game knowing exactly what they must achieve in stats compared to others and move up the ladder. I suppose it’s not the only conspiracy theory in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They started late because the Indian IPL only finished just before the World Cup started.
Right or wrong decision I don't know ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 20, 2019, 1:12 pm

Zidane understand why they were late. But don’t want any advantage to team tactics.
Huge solid all round win by the kiwis. Deserving of their current table position.
They may have the goods to well and truly trouble others in the finals.
Australia must destroy Bangladesh today to have any credibility moving into the semis.
Looks like good weather in Robin Hood’s patch will prevail, when I say good I mean no rain.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 20, 2019, 1:26 pm

Kiwi's almost managed to salvage defeat from the jaws of victory :lol:

Some of the SA fielding was straight out of "Keystone cops", and the kiwis only managed to get home after still leving themselves needing 8 from the final over ..... proper "sqeeky bum" time =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 20, 2019, 1:51 pm

Slightly off topic, anyone notice the Mali Womens T20 team?

Mali batted first, Bye's top scored with 2 along with 2 from leg bye's, wides scored one, as did one of the Mali openers .... everyone else scored Nought/Nil/zero/duck/bugger all/didn't trouble the scorers/ one less than a single for a total team score of 6 :yikes:

The Rwanda womens team used up 4 balls of their 20 overs chasing down the target :roll:

Things did improve yesterday though when Mali took on Tanzania having won the toss they decided to make a match of it (NOT) by batting first again [-X Wides top scored with 5, the number 3 lasted 18 balls for her score of 3 three others got off the mark but were dismissed for one each and 7 recorded "0" for a team score of 11 =D>

The Tanzania womens team used up 4 balls of their 20 overs (equaling the world record set the day before) chasing down the target

So at this stage in two x 20/20 (20/1) matches the Mali bowlers have manged to deliver a total of 8 balls

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 20, 2019, 3:28 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 20, 2019, 1:26 pm
Kiwi's almost managed to salvage defeat from the jaws of victory :lol:

Some of the SA fielding was straight out of "Keystone cops", and the kiwis only managed to get home after still leving themselves needing 8 from the final over ..... proper "sqeeky bum" time =;
Williamson was actually out caught behind for 76 but the South Africans chose not to review the umpires decision.
Could have been a different ending.... South Africa all but eliminated now.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 20, 2019, 9:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 20, 2019, 1:51 pm
Slightly off topic, anyone notice the Mali Womens T20 team?

Mali batted first, Bye's top scored with 2 along with 2 from leg bye's, wides scored one, as did one of the Mali openers .... everyone else scored Nought/Nil/zero/duck/bugger all/didn't trouble the scorers/ one less than a single for a total team score of 6 :yikes:

The Rwanda womens team used up 4 balls of their 20 overs chasing down the target :roll:

Things did improve yesterday though when Mali took on Tanzania having won the toss they decided to make a match of it (NOT) by batting first again [-X Wides top scored with 5, the number 3 lasted 18 balls for her score of 3 three others got off the mark but were dismissed for one each and 7 recorded "0" for a team score of 11 =D>

The Tanzania womens team used up 4 balls of their 20 overs (equaling the world record set the day before) chasing down the target

So at this stage in two x 20/20 (20/1) matches the Mali bowlers have manged to deliver a total of 8 balls
Mali bowlers finally got their chance today against Uganda after Uganda won the toss and chose to bat instead of going home for lunch.
after their 20 overs Uganda were 314 for 2 (one of the opening bowlers had 10 wides and 16 No balls in her 3 overs) ..... Mali then bowled out for 10 with amazingly extras failing to be top scorer after someone got a boundary before getting out for 4

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 21, 2019, 9:05 am

Australia move temporarily to the top of the table with yesterdays expected win against the bangla boys.
Most are happy but the haters will not rejoice as David Warner continues to return to his former high run scoring self. Still starting slowly but he must be under instruction from the capt and manager to hold back and bat without to much.
Big question today is if SL are due a big one and put England to the sword. One would suspect so. Hopefully rain will not stop the SL onslaught.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 21, 2019, 12:43 pm

Barney wrote:
June 21, 2019, 9:05 am
Australia move temporarily to the top of the table with yesterdays expected win against the bangla boys.
Most are happy but the haters will not rejoice as David Warner continues to return to his former high run scoring self. Still starting slowly but he must be under instruction from the capt and manager to hold back and bat without to much.
Big question today is if SL are due a big one and put England to the sword. One would suspect so. Hopefully rain will not stop the SL onslaught.
Weather is fine in Leeds today. I hope England bat first or I could be in for a short day at Headingley

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 21, 2019, 4:04 pm

England to bat last.
Pressure on SL to make the most of a toss win. Try and force England to score at a rate of knots. But I doubt they will do it

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 21, 2019, 11:49 pm

England look to be heading for defeat chasing just 233 to win they are currently 183-8 with under 8 overs to go.
Stokes on 55 not out is there only hope.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 22, 2019, 4:13 am

Zidane wrote:England look to be heading for defeat chasing just 233 to win they are currently 183-8 with under 8 overs to go.
Stokes on 55 not out is there only hope.
Slight hiccup there. Stokes did well but let down by the rest of the tournaments best batting team. SL were on their game and the slinger getting the chocolates.
England have made a call to Hamilton to get his pit crew over today and try and get the wheels back on quickly.

Today India to flog the Afghanistan lads and WI to get back to knocking the ball out of the park against NZ.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 22, 2019, 6:03 am

The Kiwi criminal just fails to get the poms the points. How sad \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ . Who gets the pleasure of knocking the hosts out of their own cup, the Aussies, Indians or Kiwis?
Watch Me!!

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » June 22, 2019, 6:31 am

Had to chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhck it wasn't Friday 13th. after the cricket watched U 21's get beaten by Rumania, Jonjoe Kenny gives away a pen. and D.C.L has a stinker. Still, with Haji and Puscas playing for the Rumanians wot u expect?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 22, 2019, 8:32 am

marjamlew wrote:
June 22, 2019, 6:03 am
The Kiwi criminal just fails to get the poms the points. How sad \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ . Who gets the pleasure of knocking the hosts out of their own cup, the Aussies, Indians or Kiwis?
All of the above although I think the Aussies love winding up the Poms considerably more than others.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 22, 2019, 2:18 pm

Apart from the sloppy batting, England were complacent yesterday. SL got 30 more runs than they should have. Why did Root get 2 overs when Woakes and Wood had another 7 overs between them to use?

My prediction is that we will win 2 of the last 3 group games starting with the Aussies on Tuesday.......although the weather forecast isn't great.

On a positive note, the atmosphere at the ground yesterday was incredible.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 23, 2019, 11:31 am

Both teams got a scare yesterday and the Afghanistan lads look like on paper threw a good chance away.
NZ was just lucky that the WI couldn't control the last 2 overs.
Difficult pick today but will go with the Paki's.
Will be hard to pick this thread for comment and reading on the UM front page list now with the BS trump threads are back in the spotlight and still going in circles. Each to their own.
Maybe better off not commenting on cricket till the finals.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 25, 2019, 12:55 pm

I was just reading up on the past winners. I didn't appreciate that England have never won this tournament since it started in 1975 and this is the fifth time it's been held in England. I expect some major celebrations if they win it this time. Soi Samphan might really light up. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

108 - 0. Anderson and Broad would have bowled Australia out for 100 on that raging seamer, with overcast conditions. Now it seems like a good toss to lose. So far at least - apart from the fact that I wouldn't have minded seeing Stark and Cummings bowl in the morning conditions. Quietest crowd I have ever heard and they can't even be bothered booing Warner's 50.
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 25, 2019, 9:15 pm

What the f........

Been watching Essex skittle county champ leaders Somerset twice in 3 days, switch over and Ben Stokes is batting in the 7th over :yikes: ](*,) ](*,)

Return to “World Sports”