English Premier League 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

English Premier League 2018/19

Post by stattointhailand » August 6, 2018, 1:02 pm

New season starts in 4 days so I thought I'd just throw a question out there that has been on my mind

Players at the World Cup being given a THREE WEEK HOLIDAY before returning to training. Players are always complaining about not getting enough rest/having too many games etc so my take is that they should get 3 weeks off BEFORE being asked to return to training. If your team got to the semi finals of the world cup those players will not be available to play for their clubs in the opening fixtures.

Why then are some players who made the semi finals already back in training and others still on holiday?
How come some of these players are said to be available for the first week of fixtures?
Where are the PFA and why are they not telling clubs that THEY ARE NOT GOING TO USE THEIR MEMBERS (even in training) BEFORE THEY HAVE HAD THEIR REQUIRED 3 WEEKS OFF? Surely it is not too much to ask the PLAYERS UNION to represent its members and save them from exhaustion/injury/fatigue later in the season.. Everyone including footballers are entitled to have time off with family etc, in fact they should have MORE right than most as they get NO leave at xmas.

If the PL want all players back for week 1 then give clubs the right to refuse to release their assets to play in Internationals etc ..... The FA and FIFA would have to put up with substandard teams of alter the dates of their competitions (certainly NEVER in NOVEMBER)

The PFA and Premier League should make sure every team is playing by the same rules and fine/deduct points from any team recalling players before their allowed holiday has been taken.............. and millions of Fantasy Football Managers worldwide would at least have a clue who was playing in week 1 :evil:

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2018/19

Post by GT93 » August 6, 2018, 2:53 pm

I wouldn't mind going light on my holidays if I was pulling more than a 100,000 quid a week.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 6, 2018, 3:24 pm

That's NOT the point GT in ANY OTHER business the Union would not allow their members health or holiday entitlement to be put at risk. They should not allow their members to return early [-X

Just think what the National Union of Railwaymen would say if the bosses made their members return early and lose their leave ........

And another thing players returning early are taking the place of a squad member who may need the appearance to reach certain targets in their contracts =;

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 11, 2018, 8:19 am

Last night,the first match of the new English Premiership season.....
Manchester United 2 (Pogba 3 pen,Shaw 83)
Leicester City 1 (Vardy 90+2)

This weekends fixtures (Thai times)
Saturday
6.30pm : Newcastle Utd v Tottenham Hotspur
9.00pm :AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City,Fulham v Crystal Palace,Huddersfield Town v Chelsea,Watford v Brighton & Hove Albion
11.30pm : Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton

Sunday
7.30pm : Liverpool v West Ham United,Southampton v Burnley
10.00pm : Arsenal v Manchester City
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2018, 5:58 pm

Just noticed that some guy's fantasy team included De Gea (3pts) Pogba (10pts) and Luke Shaw (as TRIPLE CAPTAIN) in week 1 (33 pts) ........... First game over 3 players used 46 pts on the board :shock:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 11, 2018, 8:38 pm

Oh Well Statts....Start as you mean to carry on....

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 12, 2018, 7:45 am

Newcastle 1 Spuds 2
Bournemouth 2 Cardiff 0
Fulham 0 Crystal Palace 2
Huddersfield 0 Chelsea 3
Watford 2 Brighton 0
Wolves 2 Everton 2

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 13, 2018, 7:56 am

Liverpool 4 West Ham 0
Southampton 0 Burnley 0
Arsenal 0 Manchester City 2

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 13, 2018, 9:53 am

After the first games of the season DM will now make his predictions .. put em all on this thread hope thats not breaking any forum rules !!!

EPL winners LIVERPOOL
DOWN Huddersfield , Cardiff , Everton :shock:

Championship Winners Leeds
PROMOTED Norwich and Villa via playoffs
DOWN Sheff Wed, Hull , QPR

L1 Winners Portsmouth
Promoted Rochdale and Sunderland via playoffs
DOWN Wycombe , Shrewsbury , Accrington and Scunthorpe :shock: :( :(

L2Winners Lincoln
promoted Tranmere Colchester Port Vale via play offs
DOWN Crawley n Macclesfield

SCOTLAND ... Not real football so impossible to predict.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 13, 2018, 10:04 am

would be well happy if your EPL predictions came in,for 2 obvious reasons :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 11:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 13, 2018, 9:53 am
After the first games of the season DM will now make his predictions .. put em all on this thread hope thats not breaking any forum rules !!!

EPL winners LIVERPOOL
DOWN Huddersfield , Cardiff , Everton :shock:

Championship Winners Leeds
PROMOTED Norwich and Villa via playoffs
DOWN Sheff Wed, Hull , QPR

L1 Winners Portsmouth
Promoted Rochdale and Sunderland via playoffs
DOWN Wycombe , Shrewsbury , Accrington and Scunthorpe :shock: :( :(

L2Winners Lincoln
promoted Tranmere Colchester Port Vale via play offs
DOWN Crawley n Macclesfield

SCOTLAND ... Not real football so impossible to predict.

DM
Wouldn't waste any hard earned dosh on that lot DM coz sure as eggs are eggs and Harry Kane wont score in August, "It's our year" will have become "just wait till next year and you'll see" by February or March :lol:

BTW I think what they play in scotland is a game called "soccer", its a bit like football played by schoolkids in the playground at break time and in America =;

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

I think Liverpool will be Manchester Citys main challengers for the title this season.....relegation for Cardiff,Huddersfield and Watford.
In the Championship,Leeds could well end up getting promoted and I fancy Nottingham Forest to be in the mix,as well.
League 1....no chance of Rochdale getting promotion and I think you are worrying too much about Scunthorpe.They will be OK.
League 2....I hope you are wrong about Macc Town but its looking dicey,so far.Currently Morecambe look the worst with,maybe,Bobs beloved Cheltenham Town locked in a battle with Macc for 23rd spot. :-k

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 13, 2018, 1:41 pm

I think Everton will be 6th and again easily win the competition to be this thread's most discussed premier league team. :-"

There's an outside chance the other scouser team might get the most discussed prize.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 13, 2018, 1:41 pm
I think Everton will be 6th and again easily win the competition to be this thread's most discussed premier league team. :-"

There's an outside chance the other scouser team might get the most discussed prize.
As my old maths teacher used to say,''MUST TRY HARDER'' :roll: :roll: :roll:

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 13, 2018, 1:55 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
August 13, 2018, 1:43 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 13, 2018, 1:41 pm

As my old maths teacher used to say,''MUST TRY HARDER'' :roll: :roll: :roll:
What do points make 747 ?
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 6:42 pm

'kin 'ell ..... How far up Ashley's Ar*e IS Dennis Wise?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ike-ashley

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 14, 2018, 4:26 pm

Well what a shock :yikes:

The new synagogue in White Hart Lane will NOT be ready in time for the game against Liverpool =;

As I stated many months ago the PL should have refused to allow the spuds to play at TWO different "home" stadia in the same season [-X

Now we are in a position where Levy has told them that they will play more games at Wembley (inc Champions League) and then move to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium at a later date.

It would seem that the "unluckiest team in the league" (depending on which dubious data you put into the computer) have got yet another lucky break and will play the spuds at Wembley instead of at their new home on 15 Sep, [-(

At this time it is unknown how many other teams will play Spurs at Wembley, but it does not appear that the Premier League are going to make Spurs play ALL their home matches there, which would be the ONLY fair way to go forward :evil:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 14, 2018, 5:01 pm

It would seem that the "unluckiest team in the league" (depending on which dubious data you put into the computer) have got yet another lucky break and will play the spuds at Wembley instead of at their new home on 15 Sep...

And Let's Hope it's the SAME Result as last season.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 14, 2018, 9:50 pm

Tottenham apologise to fans and say stadium delay 'unavoidable'

Yeah right and if someone at the FA hadn't leaked the info they would STILL be keeping stum about it [-X

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45183796

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 15, 2018, 10:22 am

Just found this article from 2015 when spuds were told by PL that they were NOT ALLOWED to play games at more than one "HOME" ground in any one season as it was unfair ...... so why are they not being told to play all or none at WEMBLEY or alternately all or none at their new ground, or all 38 games away from home ..... One rule for one and another rule for others??

Tottenham Hotspur have been told by the Premier League that they will not be allowed to host matches at two different grounds in one season while they build their new stadium.
Tottenham announce 10-year deal to host NFL games in new stadium
Read more

Tottenham need somewhere to play matches during the 2017-18 season while they construct their new 61,000-seat arena, adjacent to their current White Hart Lane ground, and had looked at staging their games at Wembley Stadium or Milton Keynes.

With Chelsea also considering Wembley while they redevelop Stamford Bridge, a compromise idea was for the north London club to split games between the two venues. They are said to have canvassed supporters’ groups on the subject, with Wembley and stadium:mk topping the list of possible temporary homes.

But the Premier League’s chief executive, Richard Scudamore, has revealed that would be against its regulations. “They’d have to play in the same stadium for the entire year,” he said. “For the integrity of the competition. You can’t have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won’t be allowed in our competition.”

Return to “World Sports”