Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 14, 2021, 9:37 am

tamada wrote:
December 14, 2021, 8:17 am
With up to four EPL and Championship games already shelved due to team covid infections, how long before the lower leagues are shuttered again? Winter approaches and the all-important cash cow EPL will take precedent.
No problem so long as the Scottish leagues keep going, and Brechin City and Dundee United continue to march forward.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 14, 2021, 6:39 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 13, 2021, 11:19 pm
'bout time they stopped all this faffin' about .....
16 teams ........ one pot ......... No restrictions .......... draw is "as they are pulled out"

with 4 or 5 teams from ONE COUNTRY a regular occurrence now and no reason that two teams shouldn't play each other twice (they can in the final anyway) it would be much more exiting to have an "open" draw, although I dare say the "big hitters" and TV co's would cringe at the idea of Man U v Man C or a Madrid derby in round of 16 and RB Salzburg getting through on the back of a lucky draw to the final
RB Salzburg getting through on the back of a lucky draw to the final.......Let's Hope They Do..... :-" :-" :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 17, 2021, 2:00 pm

Shadab Iftikhar's managerial reign at Fort William off to a flying start with league leaders Fraserburgh only managing to get a dozen in the back of the net at the Broch last weekend.

Peterheid drew (again) with (another) fellow bottom-dweller so no changes there (again).

Accrington beat Bolton 1-0 to squeeze into the League One top-ten.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2021, 8:03 am

Peterhead came from behind three times (always one of my favorites and never fails to impress the lasses), to beat Dumbarton and move precisely into mid-table (it's an awfy small table).
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 19, 2021, 8:16 am

Not many fixtures in L2 but pleased to see Stevenage one of Scunnys relegation rivals lost ..also the Cods LOST AGAIN .. 8 defeats in 9 games and they are tumbling down the National league quicker than a pissed up Jock playing shuv haypenny on ice.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 19, 2021, 4:00 pm

tamada wrote:
December 19, 2021, 8:03 am
Peterhead came from behind three times (always one of my favorites and never fails to impress the lasses), to beat Dumbarton and move precisely into mid-table (it's an awfy small table).
Peterhead, how about that.

I wonder how Forres Mechanics are doing these days, I'll have to have a look.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2021, 6:43 pm

Earnest wrote:
December 19, 2021, 4:00 pm
tamada wrote:
December 19, 2021, 8:03 am
Peterhead, how about that.

I wonder how Forres Mechanics are doing these days, I'll have to have a look.
Fort William's next opponents, after Christmas.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 20, 2021, 5:33 am

Sad to see the Tranmere Rovers have sunk to the lowest level in the Bloody Soccer !!!!! League. Oh, wait, is that the Iron holding up the bottom rung? Jeez, there will be heck to pay when DM sees this, and that one of 747's back up teams is far ahead in the standings.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 20, 2021, 5:44 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 20, 2021, 5:33 am
Sad to see the Tranmere Rovers have sunk to the lowest level in the Bloody Soccer !!!!! League. Oh, wait, is that the Iron holding up the bottom rung? Jeez, there will be heck to pay when DM sees this, and that one of 747's back up teams is far ahead in the standings.
Scunny play Tranmere early in the NY .. but thats only if the EPL isnt paused or worse due to covid AGAIN .. arguably the strongest team in the whole football league Scunny are CURRENTLY MOMENTARILY bottom but not out ov touch and with games coming up against their relegation rivals things will be a whole lot clearer by the end of Jan 22 ..as the transfer window closes.

As ever ..i wil KEEP THE FAITH , AND REMAIN CLARET N BLUE ALL WAY THROUGH regardless ov if they go down to the National league or not.

UP THE IRON

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 20, 2021, 9:04 am

A very noble sentiment and, as mentioned earlier, you are a true athletic supporter of the claret and mauve. Is the National League the lowest of the low, for example, rock bottom. It is difficult to picture the Iron falling that low. Keep the faith!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 20, 2021, 12:20 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 20, 2021, 9:04 am
A very noble sentiment and, as mentioned earlier, you are a true athletic supporter of the claret and mauve. Is the National League the lowest of the low, for example, rock bottom. It is difficult to picture the Iron falling that low. Keep the faith!
NO .. not quite but nearly .. below the National league there is a split of North n South thats pretty much as low as it goes .. possibly where Grimsby or Southend could end up next season.

Aye ... keeping the faith LYM

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 20, 2021, 1:13 pm

National league is level 5 in the pyramid ..... I'm sure Scunny could get down to level eight Northern league div 1 if they really put their minds to it .. below that would probably be the likes of Eastern counties league if that stilĺ exists

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 26, 2021, 5:27 pm

Come to think of it, did any of you Herberts actually play football in your younger days? I know I did. I only started running the school library at lunchtime after my Mum complained about my broken specs.

Who else?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2021, 8:39 pm

Earnest wrote:
December 26, 2021, 5:27 pm
Come to think of it, did any of you Herberts actually play football in your younger days? I know I did. I only started running the school library at lunchtime after my Mum complained about my broken specs.

Who else?
Center-half for New Deer Primary School second eleven. Also subbed as goalie. Couldn't get a look in at Peterhead Academy but in my 3rd year, the new gym teacher introduced us to field hockey. Two years later, I'm playing for my country at Hampden Park in the Scottish under-18's. Played the first half, substituted at half-time, never called up again so moved on with my short but exciting career as a rock star.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 26, 2021, 8:49 pm

Like Hoddle and Waddle in the 80s? I have all your albums.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2021, 9:19 pm

tamada wrote:
December 26, 2021, 8:39 pm
Earnest wrote:
December 26, 2021, 5:27 pm

Who else?
Center-half for New Deer Primary School second eleven. Also subbed as goalie. Couldn't get a look in at Peterhead Academy but in my 3rd year, the new gym teacher introduced us to field hockey. Two years later, I'm playing for my country at Hampden Park in the Scottish under-18's. Played the first half, substituted at half-time, never called up again so moved on with my short but exciting career as a rock star.
until recently when he appeared from under the rock to star at the UFES get together :lol:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 27, 2021, 6:19 pm

Ha, ha, yes!

Coventry and Scunthorpe aren't playing until Wednesday, Alan.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2021, 6:24 pm

Thats wrong Ernie .. SCUNNY played and WON away at Oldham yesterday 3-1 and are now out of the bottom 2 places .. ..just in case yall missed it

https://youtu.be/BRrvRSK20Yk

They do play again Tuesday / Wednesday at home to Northampton

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on December 27, 2021, 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 27, 2021, 6:25 pm

I did miss it, DM.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 27, 2021, 10:05 pm

The Fort's game with Forres Mechanics was called off due to a frozen pitch so they end 2021 at the foot of the Highland League table. They've just sold Robbie Foster to Huntly. With 7 goals in 15 appearances, he'll be missed.

In SL1, the Blue Toon lost 2-0 to promotion challengers Montrose so still clinging to mid-table.

Accrington got a late winner against League 1 leaders Rotherham and are into the top 10 for Hogmanay.

Blackburn Rovers now have 5 wins on the trot and are only 3 points behind Championship leaders Fulham who are winless in their last 5.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World Sports”