Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 9:06 am

After going in at half-time trailing relegation leaders East Fife 1-0, Peterhead turned it around in the 2nd half for a resounding 1-3 win. This places them one point behind the Fifers and facing bottom-dwellers Forfar at home today.

Haud away there Blue Toon!
Screenshot_20210501-090006_1.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 10:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2021, 8:50 am
Todays highlight ENGLISH fixtures are

Bradford v Scunthorpe
Barrow v Southend
Colchester are safe due to goal difference.

Above could decide the other club to be relegated with Grimsby .. the way Scunny are playing they WONT win and probably get beaten heavily leaving the door open for a Southend escape route on the last day of the season.

Peter Swann Scunny chairman has with his actions over recent seasons got us in this mess ..the worst SUFC squad i can recall and now all players are out of contract and Swan has transfered the stadium into his name thus writing off an 11m pound debt he claims is owned .. no way will any decent professional players want to work with him so Scunny will just be reliant on loan players and those that other clubs dont want ..henceforth next season L2 or NL will be a very bleak affair.

Still my support is un wavered .. tho hopefully a local millionaire will come in and buy the club n get Swan out the picture ..im sure if Zid was residing in the UK not Udon he would snap the club up from his loose change.

UP THE IRON

DM
Thanks for the Grassier roots Scottish update Tam .. normal service is resumed above keeping Scunthorpe Utds thousands of Thai based fans updated.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 1, 2021, 10:22 am

The National League is also reaching its final stages. Both Torquay and, latterly, Sutton United have squandered big leads and are now in the mix with the 2 form teams, Hartlepool and Stockport

Team, Played, Points
Torquay 36 70
Sutton Utd 35 69
Hartlepool 36 67
Stockport 36 65

Below them are a whole host of ex Football League teams from not too long ago who are finding the National League very difficult to get out of.
Halifax, Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham, Aldershot, Yeovil and Barnet.
Indeed, Barnet look almost certain to be relegated again... Scunthorpe beware.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 1:00 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 1, 2021, 10:22 am
The National League is also reaching its final stages. Both Torquay and, latterly, Sutton United have squandered big leads and are now in the mix with the 2 form teams, Hartlepool and Stockport

Team, Played, Points
Torquay 36 70
Sutton Utd 35 69
Hartlepool 36 67
Stockport 36 65

Below them are a whole host of ex Football League teams from not too long ago who are finding the National League very difficult to get out of.
Halifax, Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham, Aldershot, Yeovil and Barnet.
Looking at the clubs you mention Zid its easy to see why its difficult to get out of the NL once there .. SCUNNY must beware for sure and a heavy defeat today away at Bradford will make it squeaky bum time on the last day of the season home to Stevenage... Southends key fixture is Newport as Barrow are safe with nothing to play for so i expect Southend to win that one.

Behind the scenes Swan is up to something preparing for the worst ... having just stolen the ownership of the stadium and real estate around it.

UP THE IRON

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 1:04 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2021, 1:00 pm
...Behind the scenes Swan is up to something preparing for the worst ... having just stolen the ownership of the stadium and real estate around it.

UP THE IRON

DM
A new steelworks maybe?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 1, 2021, 2:03 pm

League One playorf places seem like "hot coals" with nobody able to string two drawers together (you'd think the likes of Blunderland would know all about string drawers)

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 1, 2021, 2:47 pm

Zidane wrote:
Pretty sure there's no relegation from the National League this year so, Scunny will be playing Barnet in 2021/22

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 3:15 pm

samster wrote:
May 1, 2021, 2:47 pm
Zidane wrote:
Pretty sure there's no relegation from the National League this year so, Scunny will be playing Barnet in 2021/22
Things will POSSIBLY be clearer come midnight tonight ... im predicting it will go down to the last Saturday and goal difference .. TBH Scunny dont deserve anything from what has been a really poor season regardless of the covid situation as its been the same for all clubs.

DM .. Claret n Blue all way thru... L1 or NL

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2021, 3:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2021, 3:15 pm
samster wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Things will POSSIBLY be clearer come midnight tonight ... im predicting it will go down to the last Saturday and goal difference .. TBH Scunny dont deserve anything from what has been a really poor season regardless of the covid situation as its been the same for all clubs.

DM .. Claret n Blue all way thru... L1 or NL
Should have kept the ginger ###### to take the blame

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 5:10 pm

Stuart FCALL Mcall has found his level .. Scottish pub league.

Good news ... Goal difference between Scunny n Southend is in reality 9 not 8 as Scunny have scored considerably more goalswhich comes into play if GD is level

DM .. clutching at straws

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 1, 2021, 5:33 pm

samster wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Ah, yes, I,ve just read that but I wonder what will happen to Dover who refused to play from mid January, due to finances, and whose record was expunged from the league.
Will they be allowed to stay in the National League next season, I wonder.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 11:35 pm

S C U N N Y S A F E

=D> \:D/ :D

Never in doubt ..

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2021, 7:40 am

Barrow 1 Southend 2 .. as i predicted
Bradford 0 SCUNNY 0

the point gained is enough for the Iron to remain in L2 next season ... yes im pleased but being realistic with no players on contracts signed many including great talent like Omalley and Gillead will leave .... henceforth im not confident next season will be any better than this .. a team consisting of YTS youngsters , Loanees and past it has beens does not make for a positive outcome ..

Shame for Southend been in the league over 100 years feel for their fans ..as for Grimsby a combination of bad onwership and Ian Holloways BS made for a terrible season on and off the pitch so little sympathy from me OBVIOUSLY.

UP THE IRON ... might raise a glass of orange squash to thank the footballing gods for our survival ..FOR NOW.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 7:48 am

Despite finding the back of the net twice yesterday, Peterheid lost at home. Own goals can do that for you.

Twunts.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 2, 2021, 11:09 am

Well done to Scunny surviving for another season.
Do you think worrying about your favourite team was contributing to your weight loss DM? :D

The big shock in League 2 was Bolton's home defeat by Exeter which means the last automatic promotion and play off places go down to the last game of the season.

Team, Played, Points.
Cheltenham 45 79
Cambridge 45 77
Bolton 45 76
Morecambe 45 75

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 3, 2021, 12:06 am

Zidane wrote:
May 2, 2021, 11:09 am
Well done to Scunny surviving for another season.
Do you think worrying about your favourite team was contributing to your weight loss DM? :D

The big shock in League 2 was Bolton's home defeat by Exeter which means the last automatic promotion and play off places go down to the last game of the season.

Team, Played, Points.
Cheltenham 45 79
Cambridge 45 77
Bolton 45 76
Morecambe 45 75
NO

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 12:21 pm

Peterheid made a dogs dinner of the end-of-season League 1 playoffs. Two consecutive losses, including at home to already relegated Forfar put them on the ragged edge after two comfy wins. But ending the season 7th (of 10) they've avoided the actual relegation playoffs and Jim McInally stays the longest-serving manager in the SPFL (for now).

In the even lower grass roots, Highland League champions Brora Rangers are down 0-2 in the first leg of their playoff with Lowland League champs Kelty Hearts with the winner earning the right to challenge Brechin City for a slot in League 2 for 2021/22.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 5, 2021, 5:35 pm

Not good news for Brora who must have hoped that playing the first leg at Highland altitude would give them an advantage to take back to the lowlands :-"

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 6, 2021, 12:03 pm

This weekend sees the last of the Football League fixtures.
In the Championship the automatic promotion and play off places have been sorted but it's a wee bit tight at the bottom... so to speak.

Team, Played, Points.
Derby 45 43
Rotherham 45 41
Sheff Wed 45 40
Wycombe 45 40

Amongst the last day fixtures is Derby v Sheff Wed.Victory for Wednesday will send Derby down on goal difference.
But if Rotherham win at Cardiff it could be academic as both Derby and Sheff Wed will be relegated.
Naturally if Derby win they will be safe, though.
Because of their vastly inferior goal difference Wycombe will be down no matter what sequence of results occur.

In Scotland well done to Montrose for making the League 1 play offs right at the end and Peterhead avoiding relegation.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2021, 12:24 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 6, 2021, 12:03 pm
This weekend sees the last of the Football League fixtures.
In the Championship the automatic promotion and play off places have been sorted but it's a wee bit tight at the bottom... so to speak.

Team, Played, Points.
Derby 45 43
Rotherham 45 41
Sheff Wed 45 40
Wycombe 45 40

Amongst the last day fixtures is Derby v Sheff Wed.Victory for Wednesday will send Derby down on goal difference.
But if Rotherham win at Cardiff it could be academic as both Derby and Sheff Wed will be relegated.
Naturally if Derby win they will be safe, though.
Because of their vastly inferior goal difference Wycombe will be down no matter what sequence of results occur.

In Scotland well done to Montrose for making the League 1 play offs right at the end and Peterhead avoiding relegation.
Last days of the season with fixtures like what you mention Zid are what make the ENGLISH Football League set up so great .. the chance that some very small clubs like Wimbledon , Bouremouth etc can hit the big time and the bigger names can fall as in the case of Sunderland keeps all grass roots fans living the dream ...

In L2 its tight at the top but already sorted at the bottom .. with my beloved Scunny Utd just doing enough to saty up and remain only 3 seasons from the EPL .. or even a Super League.

Many other football leagues around the globe including some very close to the home of football have tried to recreate this drama without success and are as enjoyable n exiting as a trip to the dentist.

Up the Iron

DM

Return to “World Sports”