Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 3, 2022, 6:25 am

Selective memory loss old age or the onset of Alzhiemers im sure our Lada driving Liverpudlian will be along soon to explain away yesterdays home defeat by the mighty BHA... luckily Alan got the latest edition of Everton excuses from Santa in which "" my internet is down "" still exists on page 149.

Just in case you missed it Alan heres agent Rafa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dmHt_2GaE

Back to Grass roots .. Scunny on the cusp of signing Sam Burns a young striker from Blackburn whom im told is a prolific scorer ..we will see.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 3, 2022, 8:47 pm

Yes! And Coventry City (not Utd) play Derby County in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Crikey, Scunthorpe play Tranmere Rovers.

The Clachnacuddin - Forres Mechanics game for today is postponed. You can get a ticket refund from wee Shuggy McTavish at the Crown and Anchor in Findhorn.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2021/22

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 4, 2022, 8:20 am

i see the Codheads snatched a last gasp equalizer at home to Halifax Town to remain mid table in the NL .. cant see them getting close to promotion which means a big local derby next season IF Scunny do go down to their level.

Reading up on some of the clubs in the NL and they are bigger and richer than many EFL clubs .. Wrexham , Stockport to name just two, i would like to see a lessor known smaller club go up like Bromley , Dag n Red , Boreham Wood.

Sam Burns flying up to Scunny as i type in the clubs private jet .. hopefully in the squad for the Tranmere game this Saturday which is gonna be a tuffy looking at the scousers recent form...but its a funny old game and anything could happen.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 4, 2022, 11:28 am

Sam Burns flying up to Scunny as i type in the clubs private jet.....Think You mean The Clubs GLIDER !!

.. hopefully in the squad for the Tranmere game this Saturday which is gonna be a tuffy looking at the scousers....& Calling Tranmere SCOUSERS Is like calling YOU A CODHEAD.....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 4, 2022, 7:47 pm

Oh dear
How sad
Nevermind

I didnt know that :lol: :lol:

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 5, 2022, 6:53 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 4, 2022, 8:20 am
i see the Codheads snatched a last gasp equalizer at home to Halifax Town to remain mid table in the NL .. cant see them getting close to promotion which means a big local derby next season IF Scunny do go down to their level.

Reading up on some of the clubs in the NL and they are bigger and richer than many EFL clubs .. Wrexham , Stockport to name just two, i would like to see a lessor known smaller club go up like Bromley , Dag n Red , Boreham Wood.

Sam Burns flying up to Scunny as i type in the clubs private jet .. hopefully in the squad for the Tranmere game this Saturday which is gonna be a tuffy looking at the scousers recent form...but its a funny old game and anything could happen.

DM
I heard something on Talksport UK about the NL.

They were saying that due to a change in some rule or other, this is the last year that you can effectively buy promotion. This means that teams like Wrexham and Stockport spent big in the close season. If they dont go up this year, it goes back to being a level playing field next year so Scunny wont be signing Messi if the unthinkable happens.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2022, 7:02 am

samster wrote:
January 5, 2022, 6:53 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

They were saying that due to a change in some rule or other, this is the last year that you can effectively buy promotion. This means that teams like Wrexham and Stockport spent big in the close season. If they dont go up this year, it goes back to being a level playing field next year so Scunny wont be signing Messi if the unthinkable happens.
Yep read the same .. also read that the NL MAY become part of the EFL set up in 203/4 season (i thought it already was)... strange really that the likes of Man City , Liverpool etc can ""BUY A TITLE" (Everton buy donkeys) but clubs down the ladder that are fortunate to find an owner with big cash to spend cant utilize it after this season..Scunny are skint anyway with an un interested chairman who just wants to snaffle the real estate owned by the club and has managed to do just that.

Jury still out on Scunnys fete .. if i were a betting man my money would be on them going down as i predicted before a ball was kicked .. 70 plus years in the league but not the end of the world , im more concerned them folding totally , may have to have a whip round so any members wishing to donate just contact me.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 5, 2022, 10:07 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 5, 2022, 7:02 am
samster wrote:
January 5, 2022, 6:53 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Yep read the same .. also read that the NL MAY become part of the EFL set up in 203/4 season (i thought it already was)... strange really that the likes of Man City , Liverpool etc can ""BUY A TITLE" (Everton buy donkeys) but clubs down the ladder that are fortunate to find an owner with big cash to spend cant utilize it after this season..Scunny are skint anyway with an un interested chairman who just wants to snaffle the real estate owned by the club and has managed to do just that.

Jury still out on Scunnys fete .. if i were a betting man my money would be on them going down as i predicted before a ball was kicked .. 70 plus years in the league but not the end of the world , im more concerned them folding totally , may have to have a whip round so any members wishing to donate just contact me.

DM
Now that you're favoring that dead classy Bailey ferret cap, how about flogging your collector's item Scunny beanie on eBay? Must be worth a few bob, no? Get an "EPL Champions 1899" badge added at the embroidery shop at Big C and I'm sure someone in Korea will snap it up as authentic EPL memorabilia.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2022, 2:54 am

Just reading up on Scunthorpe in Wiki. Apparently, the club was debt free until recently when the outgoing chairman gave them £2M loan.

Hull is playing Everton in the FA Cup on Saturday evening. Hull's going to win that one, Alan.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 6, 2022, 4:55 am

Earnest wrote:
January 6, 2022, 2:54 am
Just reading up on Scunthorpe in Wiki. Apparently, the club was debt free until recently when the outgoing chairman gave them £2M loan.

Hull is playing Everton in the FA Cup on Saturday evening. Hull's going to win that one, Alan.
The Hull City Tigers are one of 747's back up teams; therefore, he will win and lose either way. I want the Tigers to smoke the Evertons.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2022, 6:35 am

So pleased you have finally seen the light and reading up on The Iron is yer first step to football utopia .. indeed Scunny were totally debt free until Mr Swan our current chairman cooked up a plan to rip off what had been built on by previous owners and chairmen.. Notably Mr Steve Wharton a well known popular local businessman.

There was a song written about Mr Swan , the lurics sum him up exactly ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaDtOcT_yTU

Tranmere away this weekend for Scunny .. omicron permitting.. big game , hopeful of another squad addition before then as Ryan Loft has been sold to Bristol Rovers which is fine by me UNTIL he comes back to score against us.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 6, 2022, 11:39 am

Earnest wrote:

Wouldn't be ANY Surprise the way We are NOT Performing !!! So there I've said it !! [-( [-( [-(

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2022, 2:39 pm

LMFBO if Hull beat em .. [-o< [-o< ... but pleased Alan has started to prempt defeat so no need for the Everton book of excuses to be used thus saving it for the clubs league fixture debacles.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2022, 2:43 pm

Nah ..... Rafa wont let Hull beat them .......... he will still hold a grudge from when Hull wouldnt let him buy Bowen

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2022, 7:53 pm

'Look wot you could have won'.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 6, 2022, 8:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 6, 2022, 2:39 pm
LMFBO if Hull beat em .. [-o< [-o< ... but pleased Alan has started to prempt defeat so no need for the Everton book of excuses to be used thus saving it for the clubs league fixture debacles.

DM
And My Internet WON'T Be Down Either.....So Shut it !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2022, 8:21 pm

747man wrote:
January 6, 2022, 8:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Just for you Alan

https://youtu.be/GWtfOHBF1_w

:lol:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 7, 2022, 12:48 am

747man wrote:
January 6, 2022, 11:39 am
Earnest wrote:

Wouldn't be ANY Surprise the way We are NOT Performing !!! So there I've said it !! [-( [-( [-(
Well, let's hope that Statts is right and you go through to the next round, Poppet. I'm expecting Coventry to beat Cloughie's Derby County.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 7, 2022, 3:01 am

Oh so this is the thread for the lower divisions such as the mighty black cats and Hamilton Academical FC.

Any other Sunderland AFC fans in Udon? Do we have our own supporters club out in Issan?

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » January 7, 2022, 6:52 am

747man wrote:
January 6, 2022, 8:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
So aggressive,why?
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Return to “World Sports”