Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 2, 2019, 10:35 am

tamada wrote:
January 2, 2019, 10:02 am
Signs of a resurgent Fort William FC who only conceded 10 goals across their only 2 games last December. Of course the one December game that got postponed was away to Turriff United who stuck 10 goals past hapless Fort William at home when they met earlier in the season. If they focus on getting just 7 draws before the end of the season, they'll table nil points.

Peterhead are still in second pace in Scottish League 2 and only 3 points behind the leaders but have 1 game in hand.
Thanks for the updated info on Scottish football Tam .. i can rest easy today knowing alls well in the land of freckles , sub zero August temperatures and men wearing skirts.

Back on topic (real football) .. Swan and the GInger one meeting today to decide how best to spend the 500 quid this transfer window .. i betting SFAMcall could well delve North of the border with a budget like that targeting Rangers , Celtic reserves perhaps ... WERE DOOMED DOOMED AY SAY

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 2, 2019, 11:34 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 2, 2019, 10:35 am
tamada wrote:
January 2, 2019, 10:02 am
Signs of a resurgent Fort William FC who only conceded 10 goals across their only 2 games last December. Of course the one December game that got postponed was away to Turriff United who stuck 10 goals past hapless Fort William at home when they met earlier in the season. If they focus on getting just 7 draws before the end of the season, they'll table nil points.

Peterhead are still in second pace in Scottish League 2 and only 3 points behind the leaders but have 1 game in hand.
Thanks for the updated info on Scottish football Tam .. i can rest easy today knowing alls well in the land of freckles , sub zero August temperatures and men wearing skirts.

Back on topic (real football) .. Swan and the GInger one meeting today to decide how best to spend the 500 quid this transfer window .. i betting SFAMcall could well delve North of the border with a budget like that targeting Rangers , Celtic reserves perhaps ... WERE DOOMED DOOMED AY SAY

DM
500 quid eh? I hear Albion Rovers have a 2-for-1 special right now. Or maybe invest in the future with a Scunny Academy? Maybe in Fort William? It's awfy bonny ower therr.... for the last 5 days in August.

But since the 'Ginger One' was born and bred in Leeds and England and got his Scottisch credentials by virtue of being blessed with nomadic Scottish parents, maybe he's doesn't belong in the veritable pantheon of Scottish serial underachievers after all?

From his wiki, "The family home was just round the corner from Leeds United's Elland Road ground where McCall would spend many Saturday afternoons watching United, dreaming of following his father and playing for Leeds, even after the family moved to Wortley."

Scary eh? I guess the mighty whites dodged THAT wee bullet.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 2, 2019, 11:52 am

SO mcall is a half breed .. Jock Yorkie :shock: :shock: .. OMG doenst bowed well for him splashing the cash with heritage like that as both are ...er lets say ...well known for being as tight as camels arse in a sand storm. In hindsight should of seen it long agao ..hes gets the ginger locks from his wee jock father and its elequent tones from his Yorkie mom ..

His pre n post match ramblings are now explained .. SACK HIM NOW Mr Swann .. he will run off with yer 500 quid. !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 3, 2019, 6:27 pm

Well buggar me ..after all the talk from chairman Swann and the copper top Sweaty Tyke .. the ginger one makes his first signing of the January transfer window ...and ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE guess what .. hes resigned a former Scunny player Kevin Van Veen from the mighty Northampton Town initially signed by former former former boss Iron Russ Wilcox or hang on was it Graham Alexander ??? .. either way if thats the best SFAMcall can do its time for him to depart and take up a hobby football job in the pretend Scottish leagues.

Gord help us ..... WERE DOOMED I SAY DOOMED

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 3, 2019, 7:05 pm

No professional footballer wants to sign for a team nobody's ever heard off! even hobby players would rather play for Fort William 😂

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 3, 2019, 7:32 pm

dunroaming wrote:
January 3, 2019, 7:05 pm
No professional footballer wants to sign for a team nobody's ever heard off! even hobby players would rather play for Fort William 😂
Ive got the hots for Scottish football at the moment ..stems from a conversation over the new year whilst in Buriram i met a sweaty ...sorry .. Jock ... sorry ..Scottish gent .. and he was adamant that the top SEPL teams would hold their own in the English EPL .. which as we know is just totally ridiculous.. they im guessing Celtic Rangers and another ??? would at best be mid table ........IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP...and coming from Scunny i know a thing or two about the game in its purist form .

After i explained to the skirt wearing Glaswegian and we shook hands and he said .. hoots marn ya reet .

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 3, 2019, 7:37 pm

Not going to disagree with that Jon I'm a realist Championship sounds about right for Fort William 😂

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 3, 2019, 8:04 pm

With 500 quid ta spend you should get yer pick of anyone at Celtic or Rangers and still have enough left over to repaint Scunny Claret n Blue :lol:

Noticed that nice Mr Alexander is having a few probs wiv 'is superstars at Salford \:D/ 4 defeats on the trot and down to 4th spot 8-[ ........ better watch out or the class of 92 will be forced to bring in ......... JOSE :-$

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 3, 2019, 8:20 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 3, 2019, 8:04 pm
With 500 quid ta spend you should get yer pick of anyone at Celtic or Rangers and still have enough left over to repaint Scunny Claret n Blue :lol:

Why on earth you would imagine Scunny should need the services of either Celtic Rangers or Fort Willy players is haggis boggling .. its a shame that with these 3 clubs enjoying massive and fanatical support yet they are at best mediocre playing old fashioned kick n rush on the pitch... im all for the SEP joining the English leagues ..get em all in League 2 to start n watch em get relegated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 3, 2019, 8:51 pm

Think they should let Jockish premier teams play in the checktrade trophy just to see the massive amount that they would need to improve to be competitive in League 1 & 2.

Proof if any needed is Adam Rooney who preferred to play for Salford in the Nat League instead of playing for Aberdeen who had just finished 2nd in SPL

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 3, 2019, 9:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 3, 2019, 8:51 pm
Think they should let Jockish premier teams play in the checktrade trophy just to see the massive amount that they would need to improve to be competitive in League 1 & 2.

Proof if any needed is Adam Rooney who preferred to play for Salford in the Nat League instead of playing for Aberdeen who had just finished 2nd in SPL
I think you will find that boiled down to money only not standard of football, class of 92 offered him silly money which he couldn't refuse

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 3, 2019, 10:11 pm

If he stayed at Aberdeen what were his targets? Only thing he had was to win SPL which is hardly a "badge of honour" on his CV is it :lol: He made the only sensible decision to go to Salford and try to get promoted into a proper football league :-$ Mind you if the last 4 results are anything to go by, it is showing that the class of 92 should have been looking at better standard players than those in SPL if they want to get out of Nat League =;

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 3, 2019, 10:23 pm

One player doesn't make a team 😆 we actually thought we were getting Wayne not Adam 😂

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 4, 2019, 5:55 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 3, 2019, 8:51 pm

Totally agree on the stunted development north of the border... must be the weather. I think that EFL 2 would be a good place for some to start kicking some superior Englischer shins though. May get some gate receipts up in Morcambe and Cleethorpes even if it is just out of curiosity or the need for a laugh.

Rooney's just a fearty BTW. That and he's getting near his sell-by date so doubling the money ANYWHERE was a no-brainer. Now he's part of Giggs & Co's dream for yet another top-flight Manc team... just what the EPL needs. Doing the the RB Leipzig way as well. Now there's a recipe for enduring success.

Go Dons!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2019, 3:55 pm

FA Cup twaddle today ..so .. no league 1 game for the Iron even tho we opted to not compete in the cup this season .

Arr well theres always Scottish football ... Na i think i will tackle the privet with some scissors then darn my bed socks its more fun .. :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 5, 2019, 4:15 pm

Not been a good year for the scoussers so far ......

Jan 1st Liverpools original team lose
Jan 2nd Liverpools "feeder" team gets blanked at Chelsea
Jan 3rd Liverpools 2nd Team lose
Jan 4th Liverpools 3rd team get "tonked" by Spurs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2019, 10:03 pm

Alzhiemers alert !!

DM posted earlier Scunny didnt have a game today cos of the FA Cup .. i was mistaken they are at home to Coventry city who also chose not to compete in the FA cup this year ..the sky blues managed by former Scunny boss Mark "my left foot" Robins ... so ... lets hope the Iron can record ANOTHER WIN.

UP THE IRON ..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2019, 12:05 am

Scunny 2 Coventry 1 ..

3 wins on the bounce for the Iron :shock: :shock: =D>

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 6, 2019, 1:04 pm

So the manager is doing something right!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

dunroaming wrote:
January 6, 2019, 1:04 pm
So the manager is doing something right!!!!
Ginger 'n Blue all the way through :lol:

Return to “World Sports”