Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 25, 2021, 10:01 am

Forgot to mention .. for abit of a laugh i joined the Walsal FC Fan live stream chat on youtube last night for the Scunny Walsal fixture ,a few hundred joined in with yours truly being the only Iron fan .. got a bit of stick but really good fun (except the result) .. the game was on Ifollow at there end and had a long delay even tho it was ""live"" i was on timeline and approx 10 minutes in front so i used my prediction skills to surprise all the Walsalonians tuned in... i did say i was a fortune teller by trade.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 25, 2021, 11:49 am

I wouldn't worry too much, Grimsbys last 3 games are....
Exeter A Exeter need to win to keep their play off hopes alive.
Port Vale H Vale not on a bad run at the moment
Cambridge A Cambridge could be already promoted and could be complacent.

I can't see Grimsby winning all three. It would be a big upset if they won at Exeter.

As you know, my local team Macclesfield were wound up at the end of September... but not a bad thing as we got rid of the corrupt Iraqi owner plus with no crowds to bring in income not a bad season to miss.
We were taken over by a local millionaire and have applied to get back in the non league pyramid as a reformed club.
Don't know if it will be in the NW Counties or Northern Premier League but in a few years I can see Macc aiming to get back in the Football League.
PS:Dont go down to the National League. It's very difficult to get out of. It took a biggish club like Luton 5 years and Wrexham are in their 11th season....Recently relegated clubs like Notts County and Chesterfield will be in their 3rd season next year unless one can get up via the play offs.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 25, 2021, 11:57 am

Zidane wrote:
April 25, 2021, 11:49 am
I wouldn't worry too much, Grimsbys last 3 games are....
Exeter A Exeter need to win to keep their play off hopes alive.
Port Vale H Vale not on a bad run at the moment
Cambridge A Cambridge could be already promoted and could be complacent.

I can't see Grimsby winning all three. It would be a big upset if they won at Exeter.

As you know, my local team Macclesfield were wound up at the end of September... but not a bad thing as we got rid of the corrupt Iraqi owner plus with no crowds to bring in income not a bad season to miss.
We were taken over by a local millionaire and have applied to get back in the non league pyramid as a reformed club.
Don't know if it will be in the NW Counties or Northern Premier League but in a few years I can see Macc aiming to get back in the Football League.
PS:Dont go down to the National League. It's very difficult to get out of. It took a biggish club like Luton 5 years and Wrexham are in their 11th season....Recently relegated clubs like Notts County and Chesterfield will be in their 3rd season next year unless one can get up via the play offs.
Exeter is the key fixture as you say Zid .. PV are not playing for anything and Cambridge may already be up automatically.

Agree about the National League .. best to be avoided and better off suited to clubs like the Mariners...Southend have been a league club over 100 yrs .. bit of a shock if they do go down , at the mo they are pretty much nailed on to do just that ..

Southend .. anyone other from Scunny , Grmsby or Barrow.

The way some clubs are in the national league maybe wont be any relegation from L2 ???? as a few are touching cloth financially.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2021, 12:33 pm

Peterhead off to a flying start in the relegation play-offs of their shortened season, beating Clyde 3-0 at Balmoor with only 10 men.

They're up against East Fife next Friday. They played them just last week, losing 2-1 in a game that saw both teams go to 10-men. If they beat East Fife, they will be one point behind them and at least six points ahead of the four others trying to avoid the drop.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 25, 2021, 12:37 pm

tamada wrote:
April 25, 2021, 12:33 pm
Peterhead off to a flying start in the relegation play-offs of their shortened season, beating Clyde 3-0 at Balmoor with only 10 men.

They're up against East Fife next Friday. They played them just last week, losing 2-1 in a game that saw both teams go to 10-men. If they beat East Fife, they will be one point behind them and at least six points ahead of the four others trying to avoid the drop.
That certainly is grass roots Tam .. seems quite a few fixtures North ov the border see teams go down to 10 men.. most leaving the pitch with frostbite.

Wherever Scunny end up i shall always remain claret n Bloo all way thoo.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2021, 10:31 pm

Bayern v Chelsea (Women CL) live on you tube (currently mid way through 1st half 1 - 1)

Game might not be very good but the shirt changing at the end should be worth watching :-"

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 26, 2021, 2:54 pm

In the Championship placings are all more or less sown up...
Promoted : Norwich, Watford.
Play offs : Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Barnsley.
At the bottom the game looks all but up for Wycombe and Sheffield Wednesday. The last place to be decided looks to be between Rotherham and Wayne Rooney's Derby County.
Derby, Played 44 Points 43
Rotherham, Played 42 Points 39

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 2:57 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 25, 2021, 10:31 pm
Bayern v Chelsea (Women CL) live on you tube (currently mid way through 1st half 1 - 1)

Game might not be very good but the shirt changing at the end should be worth watching :-"
What? With those sports bra's that LUFC men appear to be wearing?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2021, 5:57 pm

so THAT'S where the bras went

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » April 28, 2021, 7:51 am

At least one long term resident of Udon is a Happy Chappie after last night's result : Newport County 4 Scunthorpe United 0. Guess D. M. will be crying into his "O.S.H" aka "rooted Rooster" as one Kiwi called it after a session in Chern Chim" Nong SIim. Happy Days

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 28, 2021, 8:04 am

Some important games last night ... forget Real Ale Madrid v Chelsea ...i mean in the EFL

Things are a tad clearer after last nights fixtures ..

GRIMSBY ARE RELEGATED ..confirmed as they lost 3-2 at Exeter

Scunny got battered at Newport 4 nowt
Barrow won 2-0 away at Quorn Utd and are now safe.
so the final relegation place is to join the Codheads in the National league will be either

Scunthorpe on 47 pts GD - 22 2 games remaining
Colchester on 47 pts GD - 18 2 games remaining
and HOPEFULLY
Southend on 41 pts GD - 30 2 games remaining (6 points / 2 wins behind the Iron)

so IF Southend win their last 2 fixtures AND Scunny loose their last 2 AND some how an 8 goal difference is overturned

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 28, 2021, 9:08 am

Southends last 2 games...
Barrow A
Newport H

Scunthorpes last 2 games
Bradford City A
Stevenage H

Scunny should just about be OK but if Southend win at Barrow and the Iron lose at Bradford it could make for a nervous last day of the season.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 28, 2021, 9:41 am

Zidane wrote:
April 28, 2021, 9:08 am
Southends last 2 games...
Barrow A
Newport H

Scunthorpes last 2 games
Bradford City A
Stevenage H

Scunny should just about be OK but if Southend win at Barrow and the Iron lose at Bradford it could make for a nervous last day of the season.
Just watching the lowlights from the Scunny Newport game and its obvious the players have given up , no heart desire even interest .. Zid i cant see Scunny getting anything from their last 2 games and im officially ashamed to be Iron . Barrow now have nothing to play for .. the crunch game is Newport v Southend as Newport may need to win or a point to stay in the play offs.

im predicting it will go down to goal difference so defo squeaky bum time.

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 29, 2021, 12:50 pm

tamada wrote:

How many teams are in the relegation play offs. ?? 5 or 6 ??
There's only 10 teams in the league...its a bit like Arsenal being in the EPL relegation play offs !

And well done to Fort William who look like avoiding coming bottom of the Highland League for the first time in a while..
currently 14th out of 16 and could be as high as 11th if it wasn't for their inferior goal difference.
Scottish football :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 1:01 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 29, 2021, 12:50 pm
tamada wrote:

How many teams are in the relegation play offs. ?? 5 or 6 ??
There's only 10 teams in the league...its a bit like Arsenal being in the EPL relegation play offs !

And well done to Fort William who look like avoiding coming bottom of the Highland League for the first time in a while..
currently 14th out of 16 and could be as high as 11th if it wasn't for their inferior goal difference.
Scottish football :D
Five teams zid. It's indeed a fustercluck, rushed ending to a season where lower league games were suspended for something like 12 weeks by the SFA.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 29, 2021, 1:11 pm

Ah OK, so Montrose who are 5th aren't in the relegation play offs.... so can they still aim to make the top 4 and get in the promotion play offs ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 29, 2021, 2:33 pm

Can I assume if they stay where they are, they must be favorites for the remain in the same league playoffs

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 29, 2021, 4:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 29, 2021, 2:33 pm
Can I assume if they stay where they are, they must be favorites for the remain in the same league playoffs
Statts if you take a middle ground stance then yes you are correct

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 29, 2021, 5:01 pm

Oh good ! I was worried that I might have been seen as "Pro relegation" or "Anti promotion" for a mo

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 8:50 am

Todays highlight fixtures are

Bradford v Scunthorpe
Barrow v Southend
Colchester are safe due to goal difference.

Above could decide the other club to be relegated with Grimsby .. the way Scunny are playing they WONT win and probably get beaten heavily leaving the door open for a Southend escape route on the last day of the season.

Peter Swann Scunny chairman has with his actions over recent seasons got us in this mess ..the worst SUFC squad i can recall and now all players are out of contract and Swan has transfered the stadium into his name thus writing off an 11m pound debt he claims is owned .. no way will any decent professional players want to work with him so Scunny will just be reliant on loan players and those that other clubs dont want ..henceforth next season L2 or NL will be a very bleak affair.

Still my support is un wavered .. tho hopefully a local millionaire will come in and buy the club n get Swan out the picture ..im sure if Zid was residing in the UK not Udon he would snap the club up from his loose change.

UP THE IRON

DM

Return to “World Sports”