Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » August 18, 2019, 9:46 am

tamada wrote:
August 17, 2019, 12:58 pm
Peterhead off to an unsteady start in Scottish League 1 having drawn both their opening 2 games.

Fort William, after the celebrations of beating Nairn County 5-2 in the North of Scotland Cup at the start of the month are back down to earth with a bang having lost all 3 opening regular league games to date but the GD is only -11 so far.
And Peterhead squander a 2 goal lead at home and lose 2-3 to Dumbarton.

Four losses now as Fort William went down 0-1 at home to Keith. Happy with the single digit goals against though. GD= -12.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 18, 2019, 10:48 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 18, 2019, 8:55 am
Scumny season is underway as they scrap a point against Crawley ..scunnybkeepercWatson had a blinding game and crawley should have won comfortably ..missing a late penalty ...iron off the bottom.of the league a bonus but we do.look.shocking ...and wouldnt rule out us being in a real.fight tonstsynin the foitball league come the new year

Eleswhere ..

Brught note the Codheads lost

Leeds go top looking good

Terrible day fir the magpies.. shambolic .. gonna be a lo g hard season for mr Bruce n co ..

Dm...up.the iron
Just making sure statts doesnt miss this post ss went onto.anoter thread page due tomTams sortee in to footy north of the border ..

Heres a thought maybe they could move the Englisg Scottish border down just a smidgen so.Newcastle nand Sinderland fir that matter can play in the Scots leagues .. they may even win a game or two ...MAY ...

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 18, 2019, 8:00 pm

Or perhaps move the border to just North of Scunny so as they can play in a Southern Softies league :lol:

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » August 28, 2019, 11:37 am

Bury FC – RIP

It is hard to imagine just how totally gut wrenching it must be for the fans of any club to go from the height of ecstasies from promotion at the end of a season only to find their club being expelled from the league it had worked so hard to get into without ever getting to play a game in it.

Sadly, this was the fate that Bury fans suffered from yesterday :(

Bury FC after a 134 year history that saw them win the FA Cup twice and, at the end of last season, winning promotion to League One, have been expelled by the EFL without ever getting to play a game in League One since promotion.

When watching the Premier League games this weekend, please take time to spare a thought for the supporters of Bury who have had their world ripped apart.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 28, 2019, 7:52 pm

The only saving grace for the true fans of these clubs is that they are able to reform and start again at the bottom of the "pyramid" and footie fans being footie fans many will still be there with their support when they do. Unfortunately the days of people running football clubs for the benefit of the local community (Thames Ironworks etc) are long gone with the "owners" only in it for ..... PROFIT/POWER/ADULATION.
And how far is it from Bury to SALFORD (about 8000 yards?)........ I'm sure that with a fraction of the money that has been pumped into the Salford upstarts purely to get publicity for the "classless b'ds of 92" Bury would still be a thriving club.
I wonder how many of Bury's old fanbase got brainwashed into rubbing shoulders with the "rich & famous" over the last few years? Hope the Nevilles are happy now that their dads stand at Gigg Lane will be left to rot and they have managed to put their mum out of a job ...... well done lads ....... enjoy your moments of fame [-X [-X [-X

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 28, 2019, 10:09 pm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 29, 2019, 8:33 am

JimboPSM wrote:
August 28, 2019, 11:37 am
Bury FC – RIP

It is hard to imagine just how totally gut wrenching it must be for the fans of any club to go from the height of ecstasies from promotion at the end of a season only to find their club being expelled from the league it had worked so hard to get into without ever getting to play a game in it.

Sadly, this was the fate that Bury fans suffered from yesterday :(

Bury FC after a 134 year history that saw them win the FA Cup twice and, at the end of last season, winning promotion to League One, have been expelled by the EFL without ever getting to play a game in League One since promotion.

When watching the Premier League games this weekend, please take time to spare a thought for the supporters of Bury who have had their world ripped apart.

Well said .. i enjoyed a few away days at Gigg Lane when Scunny played there.
Being a footy supporter can be a roller coaster ride of emotions especially following the smaller clubs .. you gotta feel fir tge Bury fans ...

Just a shame it wasnt Grimsby ..couldnt resist

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 29, 2019, 8:36 am

An even bigger club looks likely to go out of business in the next couple of weeks.... Bolton Wanderers.... they were in the EPL and Europe not so long ago.
If the Premiership donated just 1% of their profits to the lower leagues these teams could be kept afloat.
So it could be no teams get relegated from League 2 this season but still 2 promoted from the Conference to get the numbers back up.
Very sad for Bury and Bolton and their fans.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 29, 2019, 9:45 am

As someone on an LUFC forum said.

"It would be nice if the EFL donated the £250k they fined Leeds for not breaking the rules last year (Spygate) to Bury"

Sad for Bury.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 29, 2019, 10:20 am

Just read that Bolton's takeover has been completed so saved from the brink of liquidation... one bit of good news anyway.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2019, 9:52 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 28, 2019, 10:09 pm
Dean Saunders in clink:-

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... reath-test
"In fact the opposite is true - someone in the public eye should expect a deterrent sentence when they flout the law."

Like Hugo Lloris, eh? Fifty thousand quid... "The France goalkeeper was not out of contract until 2019 but has upped his salary from around £80,000-a-week to now join top earner Harry Kane on more than £100,000."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... stay-2022/

So three and half days work. Sorted.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2019, 9:58 pm

Peterhead beat Forfar 1-0 at home for their first win of the new season.

Fort William lost 6-3 to league leaders Fraserburgh at the Broch so still nil point. GD is now -15 but only -1 worse than their fellow 0 and 5 bottom of the table dwellers Clachnacuddin.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 29, 2019, 10:13 pm

Makes you wonder really when teams like Bury go to the wall and teams like Fort William, lickancuddlin, Grimsby, Sunderland & Leeds all survive ....... no justice

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2019, 10:28 pm

Then there's Glasgow Rangers, the team of my childhood and a bit of world football history. Similarly mismanaged by serially incompetent and frankly criminal owners. Sent down as 'punishment' to the lowest leagues but still retaining mostly full-time professional, salaried players and despite persistently murky, questionable financing and ownership and competing against mostly part-timers, they 'miraculously' got back to the top flight. Now they've got Gerard managing, the very public face is all but restored but it's all just so much lipstick on a pig. The SFA is as shameless as the EFL.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 30, 2019, 9:53 am

Nah. The EFL is infinitely worse. They have continually made their own rules to demote and keep LUFC out of the Prem because we are their cash cow.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 30, 2019, 2:52 pm

samster wrote:
August 30, 2019, 9:53 am
Nah. The EFL is infinitely worse. They have continually made their own rules to demote and keep LUFC out of the Prem because we are their cash cow.
And there was me thinking it was because the mighty whites are the perpetual overhyped underachievers.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 30, 2019, 3:20 pm

Funny that, coz I thought it was because Don Revie wasn't there to allegedly bribe them to the top this time :-k

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 31, 2019, 10:03 am

Hmm. Underachievers? In my lifetime, 3 times champions of England and 3 European Cups/ Champions League semi finals (as well as a few cup wins).

Off the top of my head, apart from the traditional big 3 and the new money of Chelsea and Man City, I dont think any other club comes close.

Glad you said allegedly about the Don Statto. Whatever the truth, he is in the top 5 managers of all time and, the FA/FL more than exacted their revenge during Don's tenure at Elland Road and subsequently as the National Teams manager

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 31, 2019, 1:38 pm

"Whatever the truth"

I dont think there was too much doubt :-"

Perhaps it was an amazing coincidence that he resigned from the England job and "disappeared" to take up a job in the middle east just at a time when all the match fixing details were about to be released. I'm sure he wasn't told to "get out of town" while the FA organised the cover up to protect the "integrity" of the game ;)

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 31, 2019, 2:04 pm

There is plenty of doubt and, also plenty to suggest that it was endemic in the game for half a decade. If Revie was guilty, he wasnt alone but, because of his problems with the FA, he was singled out by the authorities and their pets in the media..... another example of my original point..

Return to “World Sports”