2018 World Cup in Russia

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Post by BobHelm » July 4, 2018, 5:41 pm

It won't stop until the players get punished for it.

That was where I felt the ref let the game get away from him. If he had produced a few yellow cards as soon as the nonsense started then players would either have got the message or an early bath.
Sadly if you are on the receiving end & are getting no protection then the normal human reaction is to retaliate & that was exactly what happened.

Personally I felt that the penalty should have been accompanied by a red card. I cannot see any justification for the holding & rugby tackle, it wasn't a mistimed or rash tackle it was deliberately stopping a player from getting a scoring opportunity..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 4, 2018, 8:58 pm

Bob I don't want the players to be PUNISHED every time they touch another player or slightly miss time a tackle, It's supposed to be a MAN'S game not a game for a bunch of untouchable pansies like NOMORE balls Jr evil:

When the Colombian guy "rubbed his head" under Hendersons chin it reminded me of a few years ago when whilst playing with my then 2 yr old daughter she managed to catch me under the chin with her head, causing me to bite my tongue. Like Henderson did I roll about the floor for at least five minutes until my wife came in and issued the daughter with a yellow card?, NO,
God only knows what Henderson would do if he got a "proper" head butt in Glasgow .... insist on the ref booking his funeral no doubt ............ GROW UP AND GET ON WITH IT :evil:

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 4, 2018, 9:18 pm

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

MOT :D

May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 4, 2018, 9:53 pm

The Leeds team from the 70's were a good example of a man's game unfortunately the prima Donnas of today have it far too easy. Glad Celtic very Rangers and Aberdeen Rangers still have some fun

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » July 5, 2018, 12:16 am

Nigglyb wrote:
July 4, 2018, 9:18 pm
Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

MOT :D

We are Leeds.
MOT.
Ps. Come on England.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 5, 2018, 9:50 am

Maradona.....the ultimate sad b'stard…... [-X

England committed a "monumental robbery" in beating Colombia in the last 16 at the World Cup, according to Argentina legend Diego Maradona.
Colombia captain Radamel Falcao also accused referee Mark Geiger of bias towards England, calling the American's performance "shameful".
Geiger often struggled to control a feisty encounter in Moscow, which England won on penalties.
"This situation was undermining us," said Falcao.
Maradona felt Geiger should have penalised Harry Kane for a foul on Colombia's Carlos Sanchez instead of awarding the penalty that allowed the England captain to open the scoring just before the hour mark in Moscow. :confused:
"Here's a gentleman who decides, a referee who, if you Google him, shouldn't be given a match of this magnitude... Geiger, an American, what a coincidence," Maradona added on his nightly World Cup show for Venezuela-based Telesur broadcaster.
Maradona was pictured wearing a Colombia shirt prior to the game and TV images showed him celebrating Yerry Mina's late equaliser.
Fifa said Maradona's comments were "entirely inappropriate" and that insinuations about the referee were "completely unfounded".
Former Chelsea and Manchester United striker Falcao was one of six Colombia players booked by Geiger, while two England players had their names taken.
"I found it peculiar that they put an American referee in this instance. To tell you the truth, the process leaves a lot of doubts."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 5, 2018, 10:19 am

A couple of days off from the footie and a chance for mat80 to catch up on Wimbledon where 11 men seeds and 10 women seeds,including his beloved Maria Sharapova,were knocked out in the first 2 days ! ;)
Englands next World Cup match is in the city of Samara in the south east of the country and over 1,000 kilometres from Moscow.Like many places in Russia it has scorching summers and freezing winters.Temperature for Saturdays game is expected to be around 32c 90f which is quite cool compared to recent days in Udon Thani.Samara is situated at the confluence of the Volga and Samara rivers and has a huge riverfront,including a beach,which is very popular with both tourists and locals alike.
Heres some pics.....
Samara city,beach and river.jpg
new Samara stadium near the river.jpg
on the beach at Samara.jpg

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

He knows it :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 5, 2018, 7:09 pm

My Yorkshire Mum just asked "Do you know the name of that Brazilian lad who keeps rolling around the floor?"

"Neymar" I answered.

"Never mind then, was worth asking" she replied.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 6, 2018, 7:25 am

The English goalie against Columbia was awesome. He must play for a powerhouse club.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 6, 2018, 9:09 am

Nigglyb wrote:
July 5, 2018, 1:35 pm
He knows it :lol:

Very good,niggly,it made me laugh ! :D
I suppose with you being a Leeds United fan you have had to develop a good sense of humour over the years ! ;)

Footie action is back tonite.....potentially two very good games....
France v Uruguay,9pm Thai time
Brazil v Belgium,1am Saturday morning Thai time

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 6, 2018, 11:30 am

GT93 wrote:
July 6, 2018, 7:25 am
The English goalie against Columbia was awesome. He must play for a powerhouse club.
What his Name Though ???????......LOL !!

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » July 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

gt only knows your name 747.he has your picture as a screenaver on his desktop computer ha ha !
come on england
sean

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

Can't really understand why so many footie fans in English pubs are singing "Footballs coming home" ?????

err It's being held in Russia this time guys surely they are not ALL closet Russia fans :confused:

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 6, 2018, 5:47 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 6, 2018, 3:39 pm
Can't really understand why so many footie fans in English pubs are singing "Footballs coming home" ?????

err It's being held in Russia this time guys surely they are not ALL closet Russia fans :confused:
Thats just the easily remember able chorus & probably because the lyrics to the full song don’t actually mean where or who is holding the tournament ;)

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 6, 2018, 9:07 pm

Tonights games.
Throwing , any clinical assessment to the wind, I want Belgium to win, partly because I tipped them to win The Cup, but mainly because I want this game to be the last we will see of Neymar, in this tournament! ](*,) :fryingpan: :evil: \:D/
Although France have a magnificent team, capable of playing out of this world football, as demonstrated in the victory over Argentina, again I would love to see underdogs, Uruguay, emerge victorious. It would represent quite an achievement of giant killing proportions for a country of approximately three and a half million, to knock off a country with a population of some sixty seven millions, from which to choose!
Happy viewing.
Last edited by mathusalah80 on July 7, 2018, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 7, 2018, 6:30 am

wc.png
wc.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Your wishes partly became true Matt :D

France were not at the level they were against Argentina but were helped by Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera not having a good game while their own keeper, Hugo Lloris, played a blinder..

Belgium stars were back on form for their game against Brazil. Kevin de Bruyne finally showing the competition just why he is so highly rated in the Premiership.

So, unsurprisingly for a held in Europe competition, no chance of a South American winner. France against Belgium looks good enough to be the final. Croatia excepted, the other half of the draw looks lightweight in comparison but anything can happen in a 1 against 1 game - as the FA Cup continues to prove year after year...
wc1.png
wc1.png (5.65 KiB) Viewed 900 times

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 7, 2018, 6:57 am

Anyone fancy a Russia v France final.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 7, 2018, 9:27 am

AlexO wrote:
July 7, 2018, 6:57 am
Anyone fancy a Russia v France final.
Are you referring to the 2022 World Cup, Alex? :lol: :lol: :D :D \:D/ \:D/

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 7, 2018, 10:36 am

I fancy the winner of the Sweden-England match to win it all now that Denmark and Iceland are out.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “World Sports”