Current Unbeaten runs in Prem going into new season:-

9 Man City
6 Chelsea, Newcastle
5 Arsenal, Bournemouth,Swansea
4 Liverpool
3 Spurs
2 Man Utd
1 Leicester, Stoke, West Ham
0 Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Everton, Huddersfield, Southampton, Watford, West Brom

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by 747man » August 6, 2017, 11:00 am

dezzer111 wrote:
August 5, 2017, 8:19 pm
747man wrote:
August 5, 2017, 7:17 pm
He's GOING !!!!!!......But NOT To Dublin........
Or the Blue noses mate :D
Welcome Back from Hibernation Mate, For the New Season..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 6, 2017, 4:29 pm

747man wrote:
August 6, 2017, 11:00 am
dezzer111 wrote:
August 5, 2017, 8:19 pm
747man wrote:
August 5, 2017, 7:17 pm
He's GOING !!!!!!......But NOT To Dublin........
Or the Blue noses mate :D
Welcome Back from Hibernation Mate, For the New Season..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always a pleasure. :D
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 8, 2017, 11:56 am

Statto
Presumably you are organizing the 'Statto EPL Top 6, ( or perhaps 7?), again for this season?
In view of the real possibility of some major signings/departures (e.g.Bale, Sanchez, Martial, Ozil, Dele Ali etc.), before the transfer window closes on 31 August, suggest the closing date for competition entries to be entered be 2359hrs Friday 01 September 2017, Forum time. Over to you Oh Master.
On the optimistic assumption this thread will not be almost total dominated by just two members conducting a private dialogue with each other, as occurred last season, there should be some lively and informative FOOTBALL discussions/posts, this season covering all TWENTY teams, which comprise the EPL. This will then encourage more members, both old and new, to contribute. Just a thought.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 9, 2017, 11:07 am

DGulOgXXYAAOAHn.jpg
DFqDRVzXYAApKih.jpg

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 29, 2017, 5:56 pm
It's also worth noting Matt that virtually ALL the top class managers have realised that if you want to be at the very top of your profession you have to win the PREMIER LEAGUE. Apart from Carlo (in semi retirement as far as needing to actually work to win his league) and ZZ who still needs to prove that he can manage a team that hasn't got all of Real's money and back room staff doing the work for him, everyone else worth mentioning is here.
I entirely agree with you Statto, but with the caveat that it doesn't automatically follow that all Managers winning the EPL are not ipso facto top class managers. For example, with the arrival of Abramovich and his bottomless pockets at Chelsea in 2003, the club became, in the EPL, the equivalent of, say, Real or PSG, in their Leagues; able to easily outbid all other EPL clubs in the areas of both Transfer Fee and Players Salaries. In such an environment, I suggest the two EPL titles which immediately followed the arrival of Abramovich were pretty well inevitable, under the managership of anyone of a number of experienced managers, including Ranieri who was so brutally discarded for Mourinho. On balance I think Abramovich deserves greater credit than Mourinho for those titles, the latter increasingly displaying unacceptable flaws in his football management skills leading to his dismissal.
Between 2010 and 2013, Messrs. Ancelotti, (EPL, FA Cup, Community Shield); DeMatteo, (FA Cup, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE) and Benitez, (EUFA CUP) demonstrated their rights to be acknowledged as managers of experience and quality, as well as jointly building an impressive squad of players, and firmly establishing Chelsea as serious contenders for further major honours. In fact the club was the favourite for the EPL 2013-14 title. Inexplicably, Abramovich dropped the then bombshell of reappointing Mourinho Chelsea Manager! Another golden opportunity for Mourinho to proceed to claim successes on the coat tails of others
Chelsea never looked like winning the title in 2013-14, finishing a disappointing third, and few people outside his blindest and most adoring of fans would disagree with the general view that the failure was down to his management style, and not the fault of his players, as he stated. In 2014-15, Mourinho was the luckiest of beneficiaries in one of the strangest and, to some, saddest endings to an EPL season. With Chelsea languishing, yet again in third place, Man. City had only to beat relegation bound QPR to take the title, but QPR shocked with a 2-1 win. This left Liverpool in pole position to take the title and give Gerrard his first EPL title, in his final season. Gerrard's midfield slip to the ground gifting Chelsea an undeserved title, is now history. So also is the 2015-16, during the course of which it became clear that Mourinho had completely broken the spirits of the Chelsea players, both collectively and individually, resulting in his sacking. Nothing new in his career!
Do the three EPL titles won by Chelsea, under the managership of Mourinho automatically entitle him to be considered a top class FOOTBALL manager?? For the FOOTBALL reasons outlined my personal answer would be an emphatic 'No'. Examples of Chelsea Managers I consider of superior ability to Mourinho include such as Ancelotti, (by a distance!), DeMatteo & Benitez.
But, for the first time in the history of the EPL, approximately 7/8 of the clubs have had their managers in place well before the start of the season and therefore been involved in the formation of the squads, and have had available to them substantial funds to acquire players of quality. Also, as you have stated Statto, virtually all the ALLEGEDLY top football managers are 'in place' in the EPL elite clubs. So I think there is substantial justification to the view that, which ever Manager leads his club to the Premiership Title this coming season, could be considered the best Club Manager, (of the elite clubs!), in Europe.
One certainty is that we are in for one hell of a season!

Parting Shot. Which, if any, of these top managers could have saved Crystal Palace and/or Sunderland from relegation??? :-" :-" :-k :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

Err...On 10th May 2015 Man City beat QPR 6-0......didnt lose 2-1 :-k maybe you should delete and rewrite your post ?....no wait.... :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 9, 2017, 8:41 pm

Zidane wrote:
August 9, 2017, 2:02 pm
Err...On 10th May 2015 Man City beat QPR 6-0......didn't lose 2-1 :-k maybe you should delete and rewrite your post ?....no wait.... :D
Good evening Zid; what took you so long! :lol:
I just knew , as a staunch JM fan, you would spot my deliberate mistake! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
So I take it you think 'The Mouth' is going to prove his brilliance, as a football manager, once & for all, by leading Utd. to the Premiership this season? Oh dear, will you never learn! [-X
So the bet I offer you this season is that CITY will finish above Utd. The usual two bottles of wine to constitute the stake. Agreed?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 10, 2017, 7:33 am

Anyone think they can predict the Premier League results better than Statts?

BBC Football Predictor (Premier League) UDON FOOTBALL MASTER

join by entering the PIN a4gjb4 in My Leagues.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 10, 2017, 10:29 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
August 9, 2017, 8:41 pm
Zidane wrote:
August 9, 2017, 2:02 pm
Err...On 10th May 2015 Man City beat QPR 6-0......didn't lose 2-1 :-k maybe you should delete and rewrite your post ?....no wait.... :D
Good evening Zid; what took you so long! :lol:
I just knew , as a staunch JM fan, you would spot my deliberate mistake! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
So the bet I offer you this season is that CITY will finish above Utd. The usual two bottles of wine to constitute the stake. Agreed?
No chance as I think Citeh will win the league.However your hatred of Mourinho is taking over your life and you are losing your grip on reality,living in a fantasy twilight world ! :D

1.Citeh 2.Chelski 3. Man Utd 4.Liverpool 5. Gooners 6.Spuds 7.Everton 8.Newcastle 9. Bournemouth
10.Hammers 11.Leicester 12.Saints 13.Palace 14.Stoke 15.Swansea 16.WBA 17.Burnley 18.Watford
19.Huddersfield 20.Brighton

Difficult for anyone to predict better than that but I hope I'm wrong about the bottom two.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 11, 2017, 4:21 pm

Dont forget the 2017/18 EPL season kicks off tonight with Arsenal v Leicester.
Kick off time in Thailand is 01.45am Saturday morning.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2017, 7:06 pm

COUTINHO HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST

Philippe Coutinho has issued Liverpool with an official transfer request, according to Sky sources.

Aa close family member of Coutinho's has told Sky Sports News: "Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail.

"He has tremendous love for the club and its fans, but like Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez have pointed out in the past, Liverpool does not let its players leave on amicable terms."

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 11, 2017, 8:27 pm

jesus christ statto ,your a full member of the ''udon knitting circle'' lol

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 11, 2017, 9:19 pm

[quote=Zidane post
No chance as I think Citeh will win the league.However your hatred of Mourinho is taking over your life and you are losing your grip on reality,living in a fantasy twilight world ! :D

Zid, my friend,
Hate is the most self destructive emotion known to human's, and is not one in which I am stupid enough to indulge; least of all directed at a person I have never met. However I am completely in contempt of Mourinho both as a man and a football manager, this based upon his public persona. Outside the context of football my interest in Mourinho, and his affect on my life, is NIL!
People aware of my experiences over the past approximate eighteen months, (of which YOU are one), would know that, far from living in a fantasy twilight world, I am very, very much in touch with the realities of living, and continuing to do so!

NOW back on topic.

I am very disappointed that you are denying me the opportunity to acquire some more wine! :(
We are in agreement as regards selection of the CVITY for the EPL title, and are nearly in agreement upon relegation clubs, who I think will comprise Burnley, Huddersfield & Brighton. With rumours of so many possible transfers,( radically improving or handicapping the prospects of the 'top 8'), coming to fruition before the window closes, I think each clubs prospects can be more fairly assessed when the final make up of all the squads are known; So my forecast to follow on first September.

1.Citeh 2.Chelski 3. Man Utd 4.Liverpool 5. Gooners 6.Spuds 7.Everton 8.Newcastle 9. Bournemouth
10.Hammers 11.Leicester 12.Saints 13.Palace 14.Stoke 15.Swansea 16.WBA 17.Burnley 18.Watford
19.Huddersfield 20.Brighton

Difficult for anyone to predict better than that but I hope I'm wrong about the bottom two.
[/quote]

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » August 11, 2017, 10:10 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
August 11, 2017, 8:27 pm
\:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 12, 2017, 6:03 am

Arsenal 4, Leicester 3. I suppose a win is 3 points at the end of the season but blimey didn't they make hard work of it .If this is how they are going to perform all season then if they do finish in the top 4 then it will definitely be the old "Lucky Arsenal" tag not due to any real talent .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 12, 2017, 9:23 am

Matches tonight,Thai times....
Watford v Liverpool 6.30pm
Chelsea v Burnley,Everton v Stoke,Southampton v Swansea,Crystal Palace v Huddersfield and WBA v Bournemouth at 9pm
Brighton v Man City is the late kick off at 11.30pm

Yes,Arsenal did make hard work of it tb but an exciting game for the neutral to watch.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » August 12, 2017, 12:19 pm

with 365 sport now defuncked where is the best source for EPL

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 12, 2017, 12:24 pm

TRY RONALDO 7

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
August 11, 2017, 8:27 pm
Funny you should mention that ...... I almost missed the Coutinho update as I was rushing to finish the row plain, row pearl on me new Black n White scarf for the new season :-$

Return to “World Sports”