Baggy Greens

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Baggy Greens

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2017, 12:13 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

We'll meet again, don't know where. don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some Rainy day :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Baggy Greens

Post by BobHelm » June 11, 2017, 12:27 pm

Well, yes but, a trifle unfair to be expelled without managing to complete a full game..
It should have rather been expected in England/Wales in the summer & a great pity some more efforts were not in place to allow both sides an equal crack at 50 overs if that is the game you are playing.

That being said we DID stuff them.... :D :D
Starting to look forward to the winter tour now... :D

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 11, 2017, 4:04 pm

Watched the full game last night. Momentum lost for the Aussie team when the clouds opened up.
But the poms certainly gave us a touch up and I had a lot of respect for Morgan but stokes had a blinder. Will be a good chase to see who gets in the final. Hope the crap weather holds off for whoever gets there.
Well done England from as always an unbiased supporter. Basta..s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 11, 2017, 5:20 pm

Must be the farthest point from the pyjama world cup with the poms and South Africans winning a few games :D . Hard to get up for these mickey mouse comps when you win four out of the last five world cups but well done to Duckworth and Lewis on their win yesterday.
The Aussie players are looking forward to getting home to the middle of the Australian winter for the dry warm weather that doesn't appear to exist in England . No wonder Thailand is full of poms with a summer like that - what a sh+t hole.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 11, 2017, 7:38 pm

Lots of Oz press, saying that CA were quietly happy that they lost, as they dont want a World Championship hanging over them as it approaches June 30, when all the players will be out of contract and no body prepared to move into the middle ground.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2017, 7:48 pm

Wont find any Poms within miles of Little Pakistan (sorry Birmingham) marjamlew they all emigrated to sunnier clime's (London/Manchester/Newcastle etc) years ago ...... good job Mr Duckworth & Mr Lewis were available, it would have been a far more embarrassing stuffing if it hadn't rained :-"

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 11, 2017, 8:15 pm

Why do you have these events in June, and not August when the designated Summers Day has a 50/50 chance of seeing the game out 55555.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » June 11, 2017, 10:45 pm

Dont get sucked in by the Aussie diversionary tactics Statts. Seems they would rather talk about the weather to gloss over the fact that their front line pace attack got spanked by a player who cant get into our test team and an all rounder! Our 2nd string bowers did well against the likes of Warner and Smith too.

Roll on November......

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 12, 2017, 8:20 am

I see South Africa had to play in a meaningful game again:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 12, 2017, 8:40 am

panmotor wrote:Dont get sucked in by the Aussie diversionary tactics Statts. Seems they would rather talk about the weather to gloss over the fact that their front line pace attack got spanked by a player who cant get into our test team and an all rounder! Our 2nd string bowers did well against the likes of Warner and Smith too.

Roll on November......
Yes November when the Brisbane sun will be beating down and it will be 30+ degrees and the pyjamas will be under the pillow and the Baggy Greens will actually be donned....... and the familiar and inevitable strains of 5 - 0 will be on the lips of the antipodean folk. Graeme Swann and Jonathon Trott really enjoyed the 2013 tour (they reckon the smell of what was running down Trott's leg still lingers at the Gabba). You got any new pommy cowards to send over this year?
Watch Me!!

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » June 12, 2017, 1:47 pm

marjamlew wrote:
panmotor wrote:Dont get sucked in by the Aussie diversionary tactics Statts. Seems they would rather talk about the weather to gloss over the fact that their front line pace attack got spanked by a player who cant get into our test team and an all rounder! Our 2nd string bowers did well against the likes of Warner and Smith too.

Roll on November......
Yes November when the Brisbane sun will be beating down and it will be 30+ degrees and the pyjamas will be under the pillow and the Baggy Greens will actually be donned....... and the familiar and inevitable strains of 5 - 0 will be on the lips of the antipodean folk. Graeme Swann and Jonathon Trott really enjoyed the 2013 tour (they reckon the smell of what was running down Trott's leg still lingers at the Gabba). You got any new pommy cowards to send over this year?
Truth be told, I don't have the same faith in our Test team but got the gloating in while I could!

Personally I don't rate your bowling attack as highly as previous series but they have another week to practice now.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 12, 2017, 5:11 pm

panmotor wrote:
marjamlew wrote:

Roll on November......
Truth be told, I don't have the same faith in our Test team but got the gloating in while I could!

Personally I don't rate your bowling attack as highly as previous series but they have another week to practice now.
Pan I am very much looking forward to seeing Cummings bowling in Australian conditions. He hasn't played a test match in Australia with his horrendous run with injuries but was such an amazing teenage cricketer and dominated his only test in South Africa like a veteran not an 18 year old. Also looking forward to seeing James Patinson after his long run of injuries. He dominated the end of our last domestic season and bowls really quick. These two blokes are not suited outside of the southern hemisphere but it would be great to see them (and Stark and Hazlewood) fit and firing come the first test.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 15, 2017, 12:17 pm

Oh my...... What a brilliant home team choke :D :D
Do you poms spit or swallow? :D :D
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 15, 2017, 2:21 pm

Did what was wanted of them ..... sent the Aussies home with tail firmly between legs so it only seemed fair to let the TWO HOME TEAMS India & Pakistan compete in the final :-"

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 15, 2017, 3:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Did what was wanted of them ..... sent the Aussies home with tail firmly between legs so it only seemed fair to let the TWO HOME TEAMS India & Pakistan compete in the final :-"
You poms seem to struggle a bit when you haven't got Lewis at batting at 4 and Duckworth opening the bowling. Sun was out and that was the end of ya.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 15, 2017, 3:35 pm

Statto caught out bowled Lewis
Attachments
Statto caught out bowled Lewis.jpg

Return to “World Sports”