Ashes 2017

General sports news and discussions.
wazza
udonmap.com

Ashes 2017

Post by wazza » May 11, 2017, 7:58 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-11/a ... rc/8519148

This is enough to break the spirit of a few on here already.

Bring it on, lol

Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Ashes 2017

Post by Zidane » May 15, 2017, 3:51 pm

Possibly,Australias fearsome quartet wont be available after all....... :-"

Australian cricketers could strike over contract dispute

Australian cricketers are "prepared to strike" if a contract dispute is not resolved, which could have an impact on the Ashes at the end of the year.
In March, Cricket Australia proposed salary increases for men and women, but this would mean players no longer receive a percentage of CA's revenue.
The offer was rejected and CA said it would not pay players after 30 June.
Ex-Australia captain Mark Taylor said the Australian Cricketers' Association "aren't negotiating at all".
Taylor, who is also a CA board member, told a sports chat show on Nine Network on Sunday: "I have had players say to me in January that we could well be on strike in July."
A letter from CA chief executive James Sutherland to the players' association said 2016-17 contracts would not be renewed without a new agreement.
But the ACA said the proposal was "a win for cricket administrators but a loss for cricket".
ACA chief executive Alistair Nicholson added: "The point lost on CA is that the players will not respond to threats."
If the dispute is not resolved, there would be uncertainty over what team Australia could field after 30 June, with a two-Test series scheduled in August in Bangladesh before a home Ashes showdown with England, which runs from 23 November 2017 to 8 January 2018.
'Incoherence and aggression'
In a letter sent by CA to the ACA, chief executive James Sutherland said "players with contracts expiring in 2016-17 will not have contracts for 2017-18" unless the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) negotiates a new MoU (Memorandum of Understanding)".
The current MoU will expire midway through the women's World Cup, which starts in England and Wales on 24 June.
"The Australian women's World Cup squad will be paid in advance of the June-July World Cup and will be employed until the end of the event," Sutherland said.
CA declined to comment further when contacted by Reuters.
"There is incoherence and aggression in what we have experienced at the negotiating table from CA," Nicholson said in a statement on Sunday.
"However, despite these threats, the players affirm their offer to participate in independent mediation.
"Quite simply, one side entered these negotiations in good faith with an intent to provide a win-win result, and the other is trying to remove player unity and drive a wedge in Australian cricket."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 15, 2017, 6:55 pm

The CEO of CA Sunderland is a Cvnt.

He hates Tasmanian cricket to start off with and did his best to remove Tests from Hobart.

Gave one to Canberra FFS

Spoforth to open the attack at Brisbane is my pick, by the Grace of God.

IPL will gladly pick up the players and they only need to have 4 overs experience

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 15, 2017, 7:31 pm

Sunshine United 4th XI are available. It would still be a contest. :D
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 15, 2017, 7:39 pm

But we will have the poms trembling in their sandshoes with the Perth test back on at the WACA and not the new stadium at Burswood. Our 4 pacemen if fit will certainly play some chin music.

The WACA Ground has hosted many memorable moments in Ashes history, including Adam Gilchrist's whirlwind century against a beleagured Andrew Flintoff captained England in 2006.
It was also the venue where Australia regained the Ashes urn in 2013 on the back of a Mitchell Johnson-inspired pace blitz. The same match saw George Bailey hit James Anderson for 28 runs in a single over, with Australia's dominance prompting Graeme Swann into an early retirement mid-series.

I remember that Graeme Swann guy, not sure why but I do. Was it lack of intestinal fortitude when the whips were cracking? Yeah that's it. He it he few home early.
Attachments
Swann.jpg
Swann.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 15, 2017, 8:08 pm

Geez Barney, putting the bar a little high eh ??

As ohhhhh ahh Glen Macgrath would say 5-0

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 16, 2017, 8:19 am

Of course another way of looking at it is that Australias much lauded pace attack are worried they could take a hammering at the hands of Englands prolific run scoring batsmen ! :-s
Ian Bell could be back and Gary Ballance could be included in the Ashes squad......worrying times for the Aussies ! :badteeth:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 16, 2017, 4:11 pm

Not sure what this UD Fun Run did for you, but clearly disturbing signs of cerebral dysfunction perhaps.

There have been a few changes to the Australian Squad for the World Cup thing and no doubt will carry forward to Brisbane.

The Demon Bowler to put fear into any poms underwear and of course Capt Armstrong to counter balance any bells and whistles you may have .
Attachments
The Demon Bowler.jpg
Spofforth The Demon Bolwer
Warwick Armstrong.jpg
Captain Wazza

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 8, 2017, 12:24 am

Bragging rights for the poms could start next game in the icc championship, poms would love to try and knock the aussies out of the tournament. They are riding sky high after 2 wins in the group. I think they are in for a fall having peaked to early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “World Sports”