English FA Cup 2017.

General sports news and discussions.
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

English FA Cup 2017.

Post by mathusalah80 » March 14, 2017, 12:13 pm

Last night's last quarter final result:
Conte's Chelsea Footballers 1. Mourinho's Hatchet Men 0.
Unsubstantiated rumours circulating around Manchester is that The Mouth is absolutely livid that Hazard was able to remain, injury free, on the pitch throughout the whole of the game, despite his pre-match instructions; and that Kane was permitted to bully Pogba throughout the game without being remonstrated even once, by the extremely biased referee.

Semi final draw: Chelsea v Tottenham and Arsenal v Manchester City.

I personally wish Spurs had drawn Arsenal, and I cannot imagine a scenario in which Arsenal will make it past Chelsea, and into the final;but more of these semi final matches nearer match days.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Re: English FA Cup 2017.

Post by mathusalah80 » April 21, 2017, 10:41 am

First semi final: Chelsea v Spurs.

One man's opinion.
Should this game prove to be any where near the standards of skill, competitiveness and sportsmanship, (i.e. conduct becoming to a sportsman! :roll: ), demonstrated by both sides in their last match up, then true fans, regardless of club loyalties, are in for a very special football treat. :D A game which would almost certainly have been welcomed by most neutral fans, as the ideal final.
Further, no other EPL teams have come anywhere near matching the high calibre football, and consistency of performance, of either Chelsea or, latterly, Spurs; nor been so consistently entertaining. I am of the view that the winner of this match should be entitled to the end of season bragging rights as being the best footballing team in the EPL, irrespective of which finally emerges as EPL Champions. :-s
I must admit to worrying whether the Spurs players are going to allow their, so far, shocking record at Wembley affect their performance. :-k. Nevertheless, while I have some reservations regarding what I see as a concerning loss of form on the part of Dier, potentially a weakness in defence, and the absence of Danny Rose, as tantamount to Chelsea losing Kante, I pick Spurs to win a tight and exciting match.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 21, 2017, 12:24 pm

Second semi final: Arsenal v Manchester City.

One man's opinion.
Assuming Guardiola doesn't succumb to the obvious temptation to field a 'second string' eleven against such proven weak opposition :-" , for Arsenal to come out winners of this match would rate alongside Palace's recent win at Stamford Bridge as the surprise result of this season. :( :( Manchester to run out relatively easy winners

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 23, 2017, 9:05 am

The Emirates FA Cup - Semi-Final

Chelsea 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Congratulations to Chelsea on winning a very entertaining match.
Antonio Conte is proving to be an excellent manager who learns from any mistakes he makes on the way, rather than churning out excuses.
Leaving Eden Hazard & Diego Costa on the bench at the started negated any possibility that Spurs could do a Manchester United style stifling job on his side. Any other approach has not turned out too well for the opposition this season - as it didn't in this case.
Spurs have been one of the most entertaining sides of this season though & I hope that both the manager & players can be kept together for another go next year!! They are a young side & could challenge at the top for more than a few years..

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 23, 2017, 10:09 am

Oh Dear Mat....................Yer Got that WRONG..... I pick Spurs to win a tight and exciting match.Chelsea 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur................

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 23, 2017, 8:34 pm

747man wrote:Oh Dear Mat....................Yer Got that WRONG..... I pick Spurs to win a tight and exciting match .Chelsea 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur................
Guilty, although I DID select the correct adjectives :( :lol: . Probably a fair deal of wishful thinking involved in my 'reasoned' :-s thinking ; after all I have been waiting over half a century for some meaningful success, and time is fast running out for me, if not for Spurs [-o< .
However I must say I was suddenly brought back to the real world of modern football, immediately prior to the start of the game, when the starting, and bench line ups of the respective teams were shown. Chelsea has a squad far superior in depth , quality & experience, and have access to far greater financial resources , than have Spurs; who simply didn't have the quality of players on the bench, o match those Chelsea were able to introduce in the critical last half hour. In the final analysis, that was the difference between the two, which enabled Chelsea to emerge from the match, victorious. That Spurs undoubtedly played the better football will be of little consolation to the Spurs players.
Basically, I expect the same scenario to be repeated in tonight's second semi final. Arsne Wenger has been performing miracles for years, but there is a limit to what even he can achieve. In fact he is far worse off than Pochettino, in that he has , with two or three exceptions, a very mediocre squad of players of even lesser depth and ability than that of Spurs, and certainly of less commitment. [-X Faced with the might of the Manchester City squad, I think Arsenal will have performed well if they are able to make this a truly competitive match. As to Arsenal's chances of winning, I would put them as equal to that of Crystal Palace beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge :lol: \:D/

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 24, 2017, 4:58 am

MC robbed, as they clearly scored a goal, but no video replay allowed.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 24, 2017, 11:59 am

Two important games where the match officials had a big say.....
1.Chelseas penalty to make it 2-1.......reckless challenge by Son but he appeared to pull out with Moses diving over him without any contact.
2.Citys disallowed goal.....it looks as though the ball didn't go out and Aguero's "goal" should have stood.With him scoring again just after the hour mark it would have put City 2-0 up and too much for Arsenal to claw back ??

Both very difficult decisions for the officials to call but with video technology being allowed at least you would know the right decision would be made ! =;
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 23, 2017, 10:32 am

With the 18th. minute red carding of Vertonghen last Sunday, the lynch pin of Arsenal's defence, it would take a brave man, (or an idiot!), to forecast a result of anything other than a second trophy for Conte & his Chelsea Worriors. Perhaps the club should apply to the FA for the aforesaid referee's name to be engraved on the winners medals to commemorate his contribution to their upcoming victory!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 23, 2017, 11:38 am

mathusalah80 wrote:With the 18th. minute red carding of Vertonghen last Sunday, the lynch pin of Arsenal's defence, it would take a brave man, (or an idiot!), to forecast a result of anything other than a second trophy for Conte & his Chelsea Worriors. Perhaps the club should apply to the FA for the aforesaid referee's name to be engraved on the winners medals to commemorate his contribution to their upcoming victory!!
Come On Mat,Wake Up it WASN'T Vertonghen,It was infact KOSCHELNY And it was the ONLY Decision that the referee ( Michael Oliver ) Could & Did take at the time....

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

747man wrote:
mathusalah80 wrote:Come On Mat,Wake Up it WASN'T Vertonghen,It was infact KOSCHELNY And it was the ONLY Decision that the referee ( Michael Oliver ) Could & Did take at the time....
I do agree with you 743,for an edifimicated man, my spelling is appalling! :-" [-X :lol: \:D/
As to your opinion on Oliver's decision, referees decisions, are always a VERY subjective, and heated topic, as you personally have been known to frequently demonstrate on this thread in matches involving the team placed seventh this season! :-" :D :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

Having watched the badly mistimed tackle a couple of times I do think it was not more than a yellow , but there again, if he had been shown a yellow, I'm sure he would have made an extra effort to show the customary "flag le blanc"' before the cup final :-$

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Having watched the badly mistimed tackle a couple of times I do think it was not more than a yellow , but there again, if he had been shown a yellow, I'm sure he would have made an extra effort to show the customary "flag le blanc"' before the cup final :-$
Come On Statts.....A Miss Timed Tackle,He Had both feet off the ground flew in from about 3 Yards taking Valencia Out, He was lucky he never broke the mans leg or worse...Mistimed tackle...You Certainly are joking aren't You ???

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 23, 2017, 4:29 pm

Is The Final on TV HERE ??

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 24, 2017, 7:35 am

Local Channel 7 have been showing FA Cup games to date. Hopefully this will continue for the final. I tend to watch on True Visions #35 and opt for the English audio button. I see BEIN SPORT4 are showing the Ajax v United game as are PPTV #36.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 24, 2017, 10:57 am

Thanks Mate.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2017, 10:28 am

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17:30 KO ??????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's the FA Cup FINAL

No wonder nobody cares who wins any more and puts out second string players.

The FA CUP Final is supposed to be a tradition .......... It's played at Wembley ....... at 14:50 everyone sings "Abide with me" and at 15:00 the game starts,

Will nobody tell the TV companies/sponsors or whoever else to go boil their **kin' heads and let the fans have their sport back .........Note to FA .......... NO FANS = No TV and No sponsors

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 28, 2017, 7:07 am

A cracking game, played with plenty of passion. Once Chelski went down to 10 men it was Arsenals to lose. Moses' sending off the correct decision. It is now up to Chelsea to show the way and fine V. M. heavily for obvious simulation, it basically cost them the game. Where does this leave Mr. Wenger, the most successful manager in the F.A. Cup?

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » May 28, 2017, 7:47 am

Well done to the Gunners if you believe the rumour mill Sanchez ha been offered £270000 per week.
See how the rumour mill pans out during coming months for all teams.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 28, 2017, 12:49 pm

I am not sure about either of the finalists not fielding their strongest teams. They both chose the best players that they had available and all of them played their bloody hearts out.

I can remember the days of the old man in the white dressing gown leading the crowd with a rousing version of. "Abide with me", but that belongs to the past.

Incidentally, when the FA was founded the maximum working hours per day were 12 for adults and six and a half for children, but I don't want to go back to those days either.

This year we got a famous blonde I'd never heard of singing another dirge, "God Save the Queen". And according to the new tradition some of the players tried to lip-sinch, most of them just looked plain embarrassed, while the fans all sang, "God Save Our Team". It would have made just as much sense if someone had sung "Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 3."

"Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet,
Jump back in the alley and nanny goats."

My only complaint is the 5.30 pm (British Summer Time) kick-off. Which meant that my neighbours were subjected to celebratory sounds at some time after 1 a.m. (Thailand Time).

Return to “World Sports”