Serena Williams Quiz.

General sports news and discussions.
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Serena Williams Quiz.

Post by mathusalah80 » September 9, 2016, 12:00 pm

Serena Williams, last night, lost her semi final match, in the current US Open tournament. It will come as no surprise, to the neutrals, to learn from the US media, supported by the post match comments of SW herself, that her opponent's performance was NOT the major cause of this 'upset'. Read the reports and the SW comments for yourself. :roll:

So, have some fun with the following quiz. Prove me wrong, in my personal opinion & research, that no such occasions have ever occurred. :-" :(

1. State ANY occasion, during the course of the last decade, when SW, or someone officially associated with her, did NOT release information regarding some sort of physical injury/worry/illness, (prior to the start of the US Open, or even any Grand Slam ), which MIGHT affect her performance.
2. State ANY occasion, during the course of the last decade, when SW has lost a match, that either SW, or someone officially associated with her, has NOT specifically stated or implied that the loss was due to her being injured/ill.
3. State ANY occasion, ever, that SW has lost a match and then UNRESERVEDLY congratulated her opponent and stated she lost to a better player on the day WITHOUT adding a rider stating or hinting /implying she lost because of some injury/sickness/virus, which affected her game.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Serena Williams Quiz.

Post by newtovillagelife » September 10, 2016, 2:18 pm

What is your point ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2016, 3:59 pm

I think when she lost to Venus Williams in 1987 (or sometime like that) her mum did mention that Venus had been the better player "ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY" =;

All will be revealed in the upcoming feature film Scary movie 5 (Wimbledon revisited) starring Scunny's very own pie girl :lol:

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 11, 2016, 9:12 am

Still the greatest althlete ever. Would you not agree ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 11, 2016, 10:05 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:What is your point ??
:-k!
I've always be partial to a point of Mild actually if you're offering :guiness:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » September 11, 2016, 9:07 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:Still the greatest athlete ever. Would you not agree ?
:shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: ](*,) :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » September 12, 2016, 4:59 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:What is your point ??
What a coincidence. I have to admit that this was the exact same question that crossed my mind after reading the OP. :lol:
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 12, 2016, 5:16 pm

I suspect that Matt got to the stage, as have many others over the years ......... and just couldn't be asked to listen to YET ANOTHER excuse from the williams camp as to why she lost a game/set/match :irked: ....... just for once it would be nice to hear her say "I lost because my opponent was better than me" but as we all know by now, that could never ever be the reason :-$

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2016, 1:23 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:Still the greatest althlete ever. Would you not agree ?
Nah. Maybe Gold Medal decathletes could rate that title due to their well-rounded abilities.

She's a typical Entitlement Queen from the US who, despite her achievements and success, believes that she is oppressed because of the color of her skin. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 16, 2016, 1:39 pm

Lone Star wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:Still the greatest althlete ever. Would you not agree ?
Nah. Maybe Gold Medal decathletes could rate that title due to their well-rounded abilities.

She's a typical Entitlement Queen from the US who, despite her achievements and success, believes that she is oppressed because of the color of her skin. :lol: :lol: :lol:
As in, entitled to what? Welfare, food stamps?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 16, 2016, 2:10 pm

GOLD-MEDAL WINNING DECATHLETE ASHTON EATON: “TENNIS IS THE NEXT MOST ATHLETIC SPORT"

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/08/ ... nis/60060/

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » September 16, 2016, 3:21 pm

parrot wrote:
Lone Star wrote:[quote
She's a typical Entitlement Queen....... As in, entitled to what? Welfare, food stamps?
Come on JP, stop baiting a fellow American. You well know, it is a commonly used & well understood, worldwide, expression,within the context in which LS has used it. [-X
Of course, if you are so uncharitable as to be implying SW would jump at the chance to accept welfare payments & food stamps to supplement her meagre income or, alternatively, would jump at the chance of proclaiming worldwide at her 'victimization' if refused such benefits, then that could make for an interesting debate, between you two compatriots! :-" ;) :-"
Statto: Finally! :lol: \:D/

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2016, 3:29 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:GOLD-MEDAL WINNING DECATHLETE ASHTON EATON: “TENNIS IS THE NEXT MOST ATHLETIC SPORT"

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/08/ ... nis/60060/
Both you and Eaton are entitled to your opinions, just as I am entitled to mine. :D

You asked specifically about Serena Williams. If you think she is, great. I don't think so.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2016, 3:31 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:You well know, it is a commonly used & well understood, worldwide, expression,within the context in which LS has used it. [-X ...
Yes.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » September 16, 2016, 3:38 pm

[quote="newtovillagelife"]GOLD-MEDAL WINNING DECATHLETE ASHTON EATON: “TENNIS IS THE NEXT MOST ATHLETIC SPORT"
I am sure you will agree, quoting one man's opinion, no matter how well qualified on what is an extremely subjective topic, proves nothing.

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » September 16, 2016, 3:50 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:I am sure you will agree, quoting one man's opinion, no matter how well qualified on what is an extremely subjective topic, proves nothing.
Agreed, but I know you wasn't asking OT.
Boxing looks well hard but then so does Gymnastics, Triathlons and Rugby. Tennis looks an easier option in OT's opinion.

OT................... \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2016, 3:56 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:GOLD-MEDAL WINNING DECATHLETE ASHTON EATON: “TENNIS IS THE NEXT MOST ATHLETIC SPORT"
I am sure you will agree, quoting one man's opinion, no matter how well qualified on what is an extremely subjective topic, proves nothing.

I'm sure multi tour de France winner and jolly good chap Chris Froome would agree that tiddlywinks was the next most athletic sport if the question was "loaded" to get that answer :-"

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 16, 2016, 5:59 pm

Hmm, from leaked doc's she has been taking ban meds, for years. Just saying.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2016, 6:19 pm

RLTrader wrote:Hmm, from leaked doc's she has been taking ban meds, for years. Just saying.
I'm sure she was blissfully unaware that any "medication" she was taking for her long term illnesses were on the banned substances list or could possibly have had any effect on her performances. The fact that her arms and legs resembled a steroid enhanced super heavyweight weightlifter was just a coincidence [-X

Return to “World Sports”