The 2016 Rio Olympics

General sports news and discussions.
GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 17, 2016, 2:33 pm

The entertainment has already begun. Are the Russians going to be there? They make Ben Johnson look like a choir boy.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 18, 2016, 8:58 am

It looks like good night Charlie to the Russian track and field team who with more than a bit of help placed second in track and field in London:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... astian-coe

A dreadful day for clean Russian athletes but there may not be many of them.

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 22, 2016, 5:16 pm

Not thrown out for cheating with drugs, but pulling out because of concerns about Zika, Ireland's Rory McIlroy pulls out of the golf at the Olympics:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... mpics-golf

Galee
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by Galee » June 22, 2016, 5:45 pm

GT93 wrote:Not thrown out for cheating with drugs, but pulling out because of concerns about Zika, Ireland's Rory McIlroy pulls out of the golf at the Olympics:

With his poor form at the moment Ireland have a better chance of a medal now he isn't playing.

Whilst talking about golf at the Olympics. My cousin is captain of Great Britains men and ladies teams.

pal52
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by pal52 » June 22, 2016, 6:14 pm

Maybe this could explain his lapses of concentration in his game lately.
He has a new girlfriend who he keeps from the public eye not like the girl he got engaged to before.
Is she pregnant?????
This might the word family in his statement

wazza
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by wazza » June 25, 2016, 1:28 pm

WADA have withdrawn the accreditation of the Brazilian Drug Testing Agency, due to poor compliance issues !!

All Olympic drug testing to now be tested off site, under massive compliance and chain of custody supervision.

Getting a feeling that this 2016 Olympics is going to be a total disaster,

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 25, 2016, 3:04 pm

The local crims might do OK out of it. A few athletes have been robbed already. I wouldn't go near the place.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by stattointhailand » June 25, 2016, 5:49 pm

Galee wrote:
GT93 wrote:Not thrown out for cheating with drugs, but pulling out because of concerns about Zika, Ireland's Rory McIlroy pulls out of the golf at the Olympics:

With his poor form at the moment Ireland have a better chance of a medal now he isn't playing.

Whilst talking about golf at the Olympics. My cousin is captain of Great Britains men and ladies teams.
Well that's just blown the scientists ideas about genes being passed on to family members out of the water ..... chromosome golf obviously isn't :lol: Just joking Galee not seen for a long time, hope you are well :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by Khun Paul » June 27, 2016, 6:46 am

wazza wrote:WADA have withdrawn the accreditation of the Brazilian Drug Testing Agency, due to poor compliance issues !!

All Olympic drug testing to now be tested off site, under massive compliance and chain of custody supervision.

Getting a feeling that this 2016 Olympics is going to be a total disaster,
I agree what with the Zika virus thingy and the other revelations about drugs and testing and many sports stars considering pulling out, Olympics 2016 will be a damp squib . One which after talking to some friends in S America was welcomed but the cost of the set-up and the ongoing problems is becoming a very large white elephant .

Barney
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by Barney » June 28, 2016, 6:20 am

Listened to the CEO or the Rio games this morning in an interview and his quotes on questions were

Are you worried about Zika?
No, it is now winter in Brazil and the mosquitos die off, there are no mosquitos....1 in 1 million chance of zika.

What about the games and public money finances?
Games are sponsored by private monies and ticket sales....Rio's public monies are going into a brand new public transport system for Rio to have after the games.

What about your drug test accreditation?
We populated the lab with Brazilians, they did not reach accreditation levels and now we have bought in foreigners to get us up to speed, if that fails we will bring in more foreigners....we will have a clean games and cheats will be caught.

So there you have it. No need for any more politics.
Every games venue has been questioned about readiness and Rio is no different.
Let the games begin and everyone just have fun.
Can't wait to see some performances that will bring the spirit of the Olympics to the fore.

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 28, 2016, 4:25 pm

The Olympic spirit seems a bit Dullsville to me Barn. The Olympics needs plenty of scandals. More administrators caught on the take is always one that I really appreciate. :D

Vlad, Drumpf's friend, isn't too happy with the IOC. Perhaps Russian military posing as tourists might rough up opposing spectators in Rio. We've seen that recently.

wazza
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by wazza » June 29, 2016, 8:00 am

Zika Vaccine , working in Mice

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-29/z ... ts/7551202

Golfers dropping out , ( who cares lol )

Barney owes me a carton of Beer Lao, might double up for the biggest failure of Olympics for last 30 years

Public transport failures, Water Sports, yachting, kayaking, disasters, Water Quality. Brown Trout wins the Bronze medal

Under reporting of Zika for sure, remember that many wont see the Signs and Symptoms, till they leave Brasil , so they wont accept it in their reporting, too many uncontrolled variables from when they left Rio, Airports notorious for mozzies, LOL

They will blame the Games Tourists for going outside the " fogged " areas and bringing back to the population density areas,

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » June 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

I think I recall correctly one athlete already has Zika. I don't think he'll be the only one.

Oh well, at least it isn't a thousand degrees in Rio. The IOC cares more about its athletes than FIFA does about its players. :shock:

GT93
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by GT93 » July 1, 2016, 1:39 pm

A Russian rowing crew has just been rubbed out for drug cheating. A NZ crew is replacing them. The NZ crew kept training in the hope someone might be rubbed out. You kind of would of if the Ruskies had just nudged you out of the Olympics.

I think I have this right - a corpse washed up on a Rio beach this week near where some beach volleyball is going to be played. So if you're watching women's beach volleyball keep an eye out for a corpse or two bobbing around in the nearby surf. I don't expect a poster such as Zids to be able to turn an eye away from the bronzed athletic nubile beach Amazons on the volleyball sand.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by Aardvark » July 25, 2016, 5:37 am

Australians not happy with the Olympic Village .... http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... ic-village

wazza
udonmap.com

The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by wazza » July 25, 2016, 6:14 am

The Mayor of Rio offered a Kangaroo from the local zoo to apease the Aussies.

The accom block is privately funded by some local Billionaire who is selling the rooms off after the Games.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: The 2016 Rio Olympics

Post by stattointhailand » August 15, 2016, 9:53 pm

is somebody avin a larf or what ...... :lol:
Olympic medals.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 17, 2016, 9:11 am

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/16/how-some ... edals.html

Some Middle Eastern countries are encouraging immigrants with sports skills to compete for them.
If you watched Olympic track and field on Monday, you might have seen Ruth Jebet of Bahrain win the country's first-ever Olympic gold medal, in the women's 3,000-meter steeplechase.

The NBCSN television announcer described the 19-year-old as running for Bahrain for "financial reasons," because she was born and raised in Kenya, and still lives and trains there. Jebet is just one example of tiny Middle Eastern nations paying big bucks to import top-notch African talent.

Bahrain's Olympic track and field team is composed primarily of runners from Kenya and Ethiopia, along with more from Jamaica, Morocco and Nigeria. The team includes almost no runners born in Bahrain.
Eunice Kirwa won a silver medal in Sunday's women's marathon. She, too, was born in Kenya, but transferred her eligibility to Bahrain. Including past Olympics, every medal ever won by Bahrain in the Olympics was by individuals born in Africa.
It's legal. I don't have an issue with it, but I didn't realize that Middle Eastern countries did it so often. :-k
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » August 17, 2016, 9:41 am

I am quite sure Qatar also has foreigners that compete for them. Qatar has numerous people come and are helped in a range of sports benefitting both the individual and the sponsoring country, a Win Win

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2016, 10:00 am

Return to “World Sports”