EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » April 26, 2016, 7:32 am

fixtures.png
fixtures1.png
Good luck to Citi & Pool at getting to the final!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » April 27, 2016, 7:13 am

UEFA Champions League - Semi-Finals

Man City 0-0 Real Madrid
Honors pretty even with slight, slight advantage to Citi as they stopped Real scoring what might be a deciding away goal. Much of the responsibility for that went to a couple of spectacular late saves from Joe Hart in the Citi net though.
Without Cristiano Ronaldo though Real looked a cautious side who seemed happy to come away with the draw..

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 27, 2016, 12:58 pm

A creditable draw for City thanks to a couple of excellent saves from Joe Hart near the end.
However,you have to feel it will be difficult for them in Madrid with Ronaldo back for Real.

But heres an interesting thought....what would happen if City won the Champions League and Liverpool the Europa League but neither finished in the top 4 of the EPL ?
Both would automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League after winning their respective cups but FIFA rules state that the maximum number of clubs in the Champions League from one country is 5 !
So,what would happen ? Well,the team that finished 4th in the EPL would have to play in the Europa League instead.
Imagine if United bust a gut to overhaul City for 4th place or West Ham grabbed 4th spot thinking that they have qualified for the Champions League for the first time in their history......only to find out later you are in the Europa League instead ! :cry: .....doesn't bear thinking about !
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2016, 1:43 pm

It aint gonna happen ...Man C beating Real Ale Madrid and Liverpool winning the UEFA cup ... so the Hammers will be safe if they can squeak that last CL spot that is ..

So refreshing to see the likes of Leicester and Spurs in the CL .. rather than the usual teams like Chelsea , Manu U etc.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 28, 2016, 7:51 am

I think that Bob must be doing his 4 lap jog of Nong Sim which he does several times a week,readers ! =;
So heres last nights footie update...

Atletico Madrid 1 Bayern Munich 0

Saul Niguez's sublime solo goal put Atletico Madrid in control of their Champions League semi-final against German giants Bayern Munich.
Niguez jinked past a clutch of Bayern defenders before curling into the corner, giving the home side a narrow first-leg lead to take to Germany.
Bayern dominated the second half, David Alaba hitting the bar from 35 yards and Arturo Vidal's strike forcing a save.
Fernando Torres poked against the post in a rare counter as Atletico held on.
The teams will meet at Bayern's Allianz Arena on Tuesday to decide who will meet Manchester City or Real Madrid in the final on 28 May

Tonight its the Europa League semi finals...
Shakhtar Donetsk v Sevilla
Villareal v Liverpool

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » April 28, 2016, 2:15 pm

Zidane wrote:I think that Bob must be doing his 4 lap jog of Nong Sim which he does several times a week,readers ! =;
Tonight its the Europa League semi finals...
Shakhtar Donetsk v Sevilla
Villareal v Liverpool
Thanks for stepping up, Zid - its 5, nearly every day, but at a snails pace.. :D :D

Came back this morning to discover no internet. :yikes:
It has just returned as I mentally juggled with the option of either watching Thai television, or going to Tui's.....
My landlady might have just saved my liver.... :D

Still all to play for in both Champion League semis... Good luck to Pool tonight..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » April 29, 2016, 7:51 am

score.png
score.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
The holders appear to have the advantage in the first semi. 2 away goals & the draw means Shakhtar Donetsk will need to attack in the away fixture in Spain.

Pool had done all the hard work & were going back to England with a draw right up to extra time. Disappointing to lose, but it is not a death blow & they can still reach the final yet!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 3, 2016, 8:19 am

Tuesday 3rd May 2016

Bayern Mun V Atl Madrid 19:45
(agg 0-1)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 4, 2016, 6:33 am

Tuesday 3rd May 2016

Bayern Mun 2-1 Atl Madrid
(agg 2-2)

Atlético Madrid win the tie
Game that had just about the lot, but Atlético gain the narrowest of victories to win through to the finals.
They certainly have not had a luck of the draw easy ride to it, having now beat both Bayern & Barcelona over 2 legs. They were pipped at the post by Real in last years final. Revenge in this, or will they face Citi??
Wednesday 4th May 2016

Real Madrid V Man City 19:45
(agg 0-0)

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 4, 2016, 8:06 am

Personally I'm happy that Atletico Madrid have reached the final.They should have won the trophy two years ago against Real Madrid but conceded an injury time equalizer and eventually lost 4-1 after extra time.
Last night both sides missed a penalty and Bayern seemed to run out of gas in the last 10 minutes,which was strange.
I was hoping for an Atletico v City final but I fear its going to be an all Madrid affair

socksy
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by socksy » May 4, 2016, 9:50 am

What will the City fans be thinking with their new boss' team's elimination and should the departing Pelligrini win the trophy. Personally I'd like to see it.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 5, 2016, 6:46 am

Real Madrid 1-0 Man City
(agg 1-0)
Sad end to Citi's European challenge in what the BBC call a 'uninspiring' display. Despite the fact that an away goal would have put them in a very strong position, Citi seemed relectant to get forward to try & find one.
A bit of a sad end to Pellegrini reign really. To go for it & get beaten by a better side is acceptable, but to whimper out without giving it your best shot is not..
Thursday 5th May 2016
UEFA Europa League - Semi-Final

Liverpool V Villarreal 20:05
(agg 0-1)

Sevilla V Shakt Donsk 20:05
(agg 2-2)

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 5, 2016, 9:59 am

Yes,disappointing that City went out with a whimper.You would have thought it would have been better to have a real go and risk losing 3-1 or 4-2.....end result would have been the same.
Guys like Aguero,de Bruyne and Sterling all had the ability to trouble Reals defence if City were more attack minded.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 6, 2016, 6:38 am

UEFA Europa League - Semi-Final

Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal
(agg 3-1)

Sevilla 3-1 Shakt Donsk
(agg 5-3)
Congratulations to Pool!!
Unlike Citi the night before the Klopp side really went for it.
They harried & fought for every ball & the result was an early own goal, to level the scores, & then a late sending off, to put the match beyond doubt.

They will face the last two years' winners in the final in Basel on 18 May though, so it will be no easy thing, still, to lift the cup.

Possibly, as important as the Cup is that the winner will guaranteed a place in the group stages of next season's Champions League. With Sevilla currently 7th. in Spain & Pool 8th. in England that will be a real boost to either side..

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 6, 2016, 10:21 am

Well done Liverpool ! =D>
Klopp has achieved far more in 6 months than Van Gaal in 2 years and their football is good to watch,as well.
It makes for a very interesting final against Sevilla.

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 18, 2016, 12:56 pm

EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL,Basel,Switzerland,kick off 07.45GMT.....01.45am Thursday morning,Thailand.

Good luck to Liverpool tonight.I've a feeling they will be successful ! =;

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson could make his first start since early April in the Europa League final against Spanish side Sevilla.
The England midfielder, 25, returned from a knee injury in Sunday's 1-1 Premier League draw at West Brom.
Striker Divock Origi could also feature in Basel, Switzerland after returning to training following an ankle injury.
Defender Mamadou Sakho is still banned after failing a drugs test as the Reds chase their 12th European trophy.
"I don't expect to start," said Henderson. "I know I've been out a long time and I've only played 25-30 minutes.
"When I've been injured the team has done very well and played in some big games to get to the final.
"I'm ready to play as long or as little as the manager wants me to."
Sevilla - who have won the trophy for the past two seasons - have no new injury worries, with Denmark midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli out with a long-term knee injury.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 19, 2016, 7:05 am

UEFA Europa League - Final
Liverpool 1-3 Sevilla
Half time & it was all going great for Pool. Sturridge showed the sort of class in scoring a goal that would make him one of the best in Europe - if only he didn't miss so many games through injury.
Sevilla showed their class in the second half though & once they equalised after a minute into the second half their was only ever going to be one winner.
So 3 on the trot for Sevilla but they will have to finish 3rd. in a Group next year to make it 4 as Champions League awaits the winner.

Klopp will be sorely disappointed as there will now be no European football for them next season. The lure of that may have made it possible to make some of the signings that the club needs to make in order to challenge for silverware.
He has performed minor miracles since joining the club, but the simple fact is that some of these players are just not good enough.

Zidane
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 29, 2016, 4:52 pm

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

Atletico Madrid 1 Real Madrid 1
(Real Madrid win 5-3 on penalties)

Tough luck on Atletico against Real.....again ! :(

Real Madrid were crowned champions of Europe for the 11th time after beating Atletico Madrid in a dramatic penalty shootout in Milan.
Sergio Ramos' controversial finish put Zinedine Zidane's side ahead before Atletico striker Antoine Griezmann missed a penalty.
However, substitute Yannick Carrasco sent the Champions League final into extra-time with a close-range finish.
Cristiano Ronaldo struck the winning penalty after Juanfran had missed

socksy
udonmap.com

EURO FOOTY COMPS 2015/16

Post by socksy » May 30, 2016, 12:17 pm

Typical of that egotistical ***** to steal the limelight.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “World Sports”