NCAA Football 2013-2014

General sports news and discussions.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 14, 2013, 2:34 am

Yes, both Archie and Eli Manning were stars at Ole Miss although they did not achieve national championships for the Rebels. That happened in the time of 'troubles', 1962, with Glynn Griffing at the helm. There was another son of #18 (Archie) who went to Ole Miss as a receiver, but I don't think he stayed on the team.

Peyton should have gone to Ole Miss but opted to be a Tennessee Volunteer instead. Traitor!!! 555+

I suspect the Michigan-Penn St. game would have been a thriller. However, that one was not on TV in Toronto, but I was happy enough to see L.S.U. beat Florida and Baylor to win over Kansas State. The Big Ten seems to be a weak conference again although Ohio State remains undefeated.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 14, 2013, 4:35 am

The Saskatoon Hilltops ended their regular season with a 37-6 rout of the Calgary Colts this afternoon in Saskatoon.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 14, 2013, 5:29 am

Here are the top 25 according to an AP poll:

1. Alabama (6-0) -- 55 first-place votes

2. Oregon (6-0) -- 5 first-place votes

3. Clemson (6-0)

4. Ohio State (6-0)

5. Florida State (5-0)

6. LSU (6-1)

7. Texas A&M (5-1)

8. Louisville (6-0)

9. UCLA (5-0)

10. Miami (5-0)

11. South Carolina (5-1)

12. Baylor (5-0)

13. Stanford (5-1)

14. Missouri (6-0)

15. Georgia (4-2)

16. Texas Tech (6-0)

17. Fresno State (5-0)

18. Oklahoma (5-1)

19. Virginia Tech (6-1)

20. Washington (4-2)

21. Oklahoma State (4-1)

22. Florida (4-2)

23. Northern Illinois (6-0)

24. Auburn (5-1)

25. Wisconsin (4-2)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 18, 2013, 7:22 pm

In last night's action the Miami Hurricanes scored a touchdown with 13 seconds left to beat North Carolina Tarheels by the score of 27-23.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Last night in the dying seconds of a very exciting game the Central Florida Knights scored a touchdown to upset the previously undefeated Louisville Cardinals, 38-35.

In action from Canada,

Mount Allison Mounties 27 St. Mary's Huskies 24
Manitoba Bison 33 Saskatchewan Huskies 26 (It was a bad night for the mutts!)
Calgary Dinosaurs 46 Regina Rams 27

Dr. James
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Dr. James » October 20, 2013, 12:03 pm

Ole Miss beats LSU 27-24!!!!! Great game!!! :D :D :D :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 2:36 am

I wish that game had been on tv in Canada. It was one of a number of upsets in the Deep South this weekend. This means the Ole Miss-L.S.U. rivalry is still thriving. I still have nightmares of Billy Cannon returning the punt for a touchdown in 1959. That Rebel team would have been #1 but for the 7-3 loss. I think Cannon stopped the Ole Miss quarterback on the one-yard line on the final play of the game. In the re-match in the Sugar Bowl, Ole Miss routed the Tigers 21-0. The team only gave up 21 points that year.

Anyway, here is some information from last night:

4 Weeks. 12 Teams. 1 Cash Prize. Check out the all-new Fantasy Football Player Challenge!
Mississippi shocks No. 6 LSU
CBSSports.com wire reports
Oct. 19, 2013

76 | Comments
OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi's Andrew Ritter said his game-winning, 41-yard field goal felt good off his foot. Then he watched with dread as it started drifting right. By the time it reached the uprights, it was dangerously close.

The senior held his breath. So did the rest of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

It sailed through with about a foot to spare. The crowd exploded. It was the finishing touch on Ole Miss' 27-24 upset victory over No. 6 LSU on Saturday night.

"Can you believe it?" Ritter asked.

It was a happy ending for Ole Miss (4-3, 2-3 Southeastern Conference) after the Rebels let a 17-point lead slip away when LSU's Zach Mettenberger hit Jarvis Landry for a 4-yard touchdown to tie it at 24-24 with 3:19 remaining.

But the Rebels responded with a methodical, 14-play drive that ended in Ritter's field goal with 2 seconds remaining.

"This is the biggest win of my life," Ole Miss defensive end Cameron Whigham said. "I'm just so proud to be a part of the Ole Miss family and be able to compete with my brothers each Saturday."

It capped a remarkable day of upsets across the league. LSU joined Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida and South Carolina as ranked SEC teams to lose Saturday.

It was another thrilling game for the Rebels, who lost last week against Texas A&M on a last-second field goal.

"What (the team) went through this week, with the outside world having their opinions, you can imagine how proud I am," Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said.

Bo Wallace completed 30 of 39 passes for 346 yards and Jaylen Walton rushed for a career-high 105 yards and two touchdowns for the Rebels, who snapped a three-game losing streak.

Ole Miss finished with 525 total yards. LSU had 388.

LSU (6-2, 3-2) nearly pulled off the comeback, but couldn't overcome a rough game by Mettenberger, who threw three crucial interceptions.

"We didn't do some of the things that we needed to come in here and do," LSU coach Les Miles said. "I really thought we were going to throw those balls and complete them and I thought they were great calls."

The winning field goal was redemption for Ritter, who had a 29-yard attempt blocked earlier in the fourth quarter.

LSU moved the ball fairly well in the first half, especially on the ground, but Mettenberger's bad decisions and poor throws cost the Tigers dearly.

The 6-foot-5, 235-pound senior came into the game leading the SEC with 1,890 yards, 15 touchdowns and just two interceptions. But he had a brutal first half, throwing three interceptions, including two in the end zone.

All three were thrown into tight coverage. Mettenberger finished 19-of-33 passing for 274 yards and a touchdown.

While Mettenberger was struggling, Wallace started hot, completing 16 of 23 passes for 200 yards in the first half. Ritter kicked a 28-yard field goal in the first quarter to put Ole Miss ahead 3-0 and Barry Brunetti's 3-yard touchdown pass to Nick Parker gave the Rebels a 10-0 halftime lead.

The Rebels' defense was surprisingly stout. They were missing five starters, including linebacker Serderius Bryant, the team's leading tackler.

But Ole Miss used a no-name bunch to stop LSU consistently. Chief Brown, Cody Prewitt and Charles Sawyer had the three interceptions.

"I'm really not surprised at all that we won this game," Prewitt said. "I feel like it's the first time this season we played for 60 true minutes."

Ole Miss announced a crowd of 61,160, which is the ninth-largest in school history. And the place was rocking by the time Walton broke through for a 2-yard touchdown in the third quarter to give the Rebels a 17-0 lead.

But the LSU offense finally came alive in the third quarter, scoring touchdowns on short runs by Kenny Hilliard and Jeremy Hill to pull within 17-14.

Ole Miss yanked the momentum right back with a seven-play, 76-yard drive, capped by Walton's spectacular 26-yard touchdown dash through the teeth of LSU's defense.

The Rebels had a 24-14 lead and all the momentum early in the fourth quarter, but Korvic Neat dropped a punt and LSU recovered on Ole Miss 13. The defense managed to hold, but LSU's Colby Delahoussaye hit a 41-yard field goal to pull the Tigers within 24-17.

Ole Miss squandered another opportunity a few minutes later when Ritter's 29-yard field goal was blocked by Ego Ferguson.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... 9_LSU@MISS

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 3:15 am

Well, let's get to those other upsets and more from the college gridiron:-

Auburn Tigers upset Johnny Football and the Texas A&M Aggies right in College Station, 45-41. I saw this exciting contest.
The Vanderbilt Commodores won over the depleted Georgia Bulldogs, 31-27
The Tennessee Volunteers upset the South Carolina Gamecocks on the last play of the game, 23-21
In a stunning upset the Missouri Tigers destroyed the Florida Gators, 36-17. Mizzou is 7-0!
The Florida State Seminoles humiliated and upset the Clemson Tigers 51-14 right in Frank Howard Stadium.

Alabama Crimson Tide 52 Arkansas Razorbacks. 'Bama remains the lone hope for a national championship for Dixie.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 56 Syracuse Orangemen 0
Baylor Bears 71 Iowa State Cyclones 7
Texas Tech Red Raiders 47 West Virginia Mountaineers 37
S.M.U. Mustangs 34 Memphis State Tigers 29
Oklahoma State Cowboys 24 Texas Christian Horned Frogs 10
Oklahoma Sooners 34 Kansas Jayhawks 19
In a battle of middle-aged women looking for young men, Brigham Young Cougars 47 Houston Cougars 46
West Virginia Demon Deacons 34 Maryland Terrapins 10
Michigan State Spartans 14 Purdue Boilermakers 0
Michigan Wolverines 63 Indiana Hoosiers 47
Wisconsin Badgers 56 Illinois 32
The Minnesota Golden Gophers upset the Northwestern Wildcats 20-17
Ohio State Buckeyes continued to roll over the weak by besting the Iowa Hawkeyes, 34-24.
Toledo Rockets 45 Navy 44
Stanford Indians 24 U.C.L.A. 10 as the Bruins fall from the unbeaten ranks.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 14 U.S.C. Trojans 10
Rice Owls 45 New Mexico State Aggies 19
Utah State Aggies 45 New Mexico Lobos 10
Arizona Wildcats 35 Utah Utes 24
Arizona Sun Devils 53 Washington Huskies 24
Oregon Ducks 62 Washington State Cougars 38 (more middle-aged women bite the dust!)
Oregon State Beavers 49 California Golden Bears 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Canadian collegiate ranks,

Varsity Blues 50 Waterloo Warriors 18 (Fight, fight, fight, for the Blue and White, and the honour of the U of T. Go Blues!
Queen's Golden Gaels 37 Guelph Gryphons 23
Western Mustangs 50 Dork Yeoman 10
British Columbia Thunderbirds 60 Alberta Golden Bears 0
StFX 11 Acadia 27
McMaster 45 Carleton 3
Windsor 15 Ottawa 45
Bishop's 44 Concordia 36
Montreal 28 McGill 3

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 5:54 am

Here is the list of the top 25 teams according to the AP poll:-

1. Alabama (7-0) -- 55 first-place votes

2. Oregon (7-0) -- three first-place votes

3. Florida State (6-0) -- two first-place votes

4. Ohio State (7-0)

5. Missouri (7-0)

6. Baylor (6-0)

7. Miami (6-0)

8. Stanford (6-1)

9. Clemson (6-1)

10. Texas Tech (7-0)

11. Auburn (6-1)

12. UCLA (5-1)

13. LSU (6-2)

14. Texas A&M (5-2)

15. Fresno State (6-0)

16. Virginia Tech (6-1)

17. Oklahoma (6-1)

18. Louisville (6-1)

19. Oklahoma State (5-1)

20. South Carolina (5-2)

21. UCF (5-1)

22. Wisconsin (5-2)

23. Northern Illinois (7-0)

24. Michigan (6-1)

25. Nebraska (5-1)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 7:15 pm

The Saskatoon Hilltops clobbered the Edmonton Wildcats 41-10 yesterday afternoon in Saskatoon to move on to the final vs. the Regina next week in the Queen City.

[quote]Hilltops offence leads way in victory

BY DANIEL NUGENT-BOWMAN, THE STARPHOENIX OCTOBER 20, 2013

The Saskatoon Hilltops were at the mercy of Edmonton Wildcats running back Levon Hawreliak for much of the first half.

But, with their offence leading the way, they turned the tables.

The Hilltops scored 41 unanswered points as they downed the Wildcats 41-10 in the Prairie Football Conference semifinal at Gordie Howe Bowl on Sunday.

The Hilltops now host the Regina Thunder, who beat the Edmonton Huskies 26-17 in the other semifinal, for the conference championship next Sunday (noon at Griffiths Stadium).

“We didn’t come out of the gates very impressively. That’s a credit to the Wildcats. They’re a tough, physical team,” Hilltops head coach Tom Sargeant said. “But I like how our team displayed some guts.

“We were the team I thought we were going to be in the second half. At the end of the day, it’s about moving on.”

Hawreliak had 1,687 yards in the regular season – the second most in PFC and Canadian Junior Football League history.

He was unstoppable early, racking up 224 yards on 19 carries in the first half.

Most of that output came before Hawreliak found the end zone from 63 yards out 2:17 into the second quarter, a major that put the Wildcats up 10-0.

That’s when the Hilltops strayed away from what was a stagnant running game and went to the air.

Graham Unruh had six catches for 116 yards in the first half, while receiver Evan Kopchynski scored two touchdowns as the Hilltops took a 17-10 lead into the break.

An apparent right leg injury to Wildcats quarterback Jordan Olson late in the second quarter helped the Hilltops. Taylor Yaremchuk replaced him.

So did three third-quarter touchdowns from Andre Lalonde, which allowed the Hilltops to open up a 38-10 advantage.

Hawreliak had 17 yards on four carries in the second half as the Wildcats desperately searched for some quick offence.

“Once we got a lead, they couldn’t rely on the run as much,” Sargeant said.

“We just played harder and had more heart,” said linebacker Cole Benkic of shutting down Hawreliak. “We were more excited and ready to play in the second half.”

Led by quarterback Matt Karpinka, the Hilltops offence put on a clinic once Kopchynski scored his first touchdown. That score came on the next possession after Hawreliak’s 63-yard run.

Karpinka went 18-for-30 for 291 yards and threw four touchdown passes before being spelled by Jared Andreychuk in the fourth quarter.

Unruh finished the game with eight receptions and 153 yards. Lalonde had 106 yards on the ground and 42 through the air. Both spent the last 15 minutes on the sidelines.

And Kopchynski, whose role has grown since John Trumpy went down a season-ending injury, recovered from a couple early drops to make five catches for 97 yards.

“I dropped those first three balls so I’m not happy about that,” said the third-year Topper. “The coaches got on me and gave me another chance. I made the best of it.

“It brings my confidence up a lot ... Every game I feel a bit more comfortable.”

Sargeant wasn’t happy with the early play of the Hilltops, especially their blocking. But his mood changed as the game progressed.

“I love this team because they responded and dug deep,” Sargeant said.

“That’s the best that we’ve played for three quarters all year. I’d like to forget the first quarter. But hey, we have to coach them up on something.”

TOP TO BOTTOM: Sunday’s affair was likely the last Hilltops game to ever be played on grass at Gordie Howe Bowl. The grass field is expected to be replaced with turf by the start of the 2014 season. If the Hilltops beat Regina for the PFC championship, they are expected to host the winner of the Jostens Cup game between the Vancouver Island Raiders and Windsor AKO Fratmen at Griffiths on Nov. 9.

© Copyright (c) The StarPhoenix/quote]

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Hi ... story.html

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 25, 2013, 7:27 pm

Last night, the Mississippi State Bulldogs bested the Kentucky Wildcats, 28-22.

Dr. James
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Dr. James » October 27, 2013, 11:49 am

Ole Miss continues to roll for a 2nd week in a row, destroying Idaho State 59-14. :D :D :D :D :D Go Rebels

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 27, 2013, 11:58 pm

Dr. James is a wise and respected voice on this forum. Yes, it was a good game although they defeated the Idaho Vandals and not Idaho State. The Johnny Rebs will take the win. 555+

In other games,

Alabama Crimson Tide 45 Tennessee Volunteers 10
L.S.U. 48 Furman Palladins 16
Clemson Tigers 40 Maryland Terrapins 27
Auburn Tigers 45 Florida Atlantic 10
South Carolina Gamecocks 27 Missouri Tigers 24
North Carolina Tarheels 34 Boston College Eagles 10
Florida State Seminoles 49 North Carolina State Wolfpack 17
Central Florida 62 Connecticut Huskies 17
Louisville Cardinals 34 South Florida 3
Miami Hurricanes 24 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 21
Tulane Green Wave 14 Tulsa Hurricanes 7
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 35 Virginia Cavaliers 25
Duke Blue Devils 13 Virginia Tech Gobblers 10
Kansas State 35 West Virginia Mountaineers 12
Baylor Bears 59 Kansas Jayhawks 14
North Texas State Eagles 55 Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles 14
Texas A&M Aggies 56 Vanderbilt Commodores 24
Oklahoma State Cowboys 58 Iowa State Cyclones 27
Oklahoma 38 Texas Tech Red Raiders 30
Rice Owls 45 Texas-El Paso 7
S.M.U. Mustangs 59 Temple Owls 49
Houston Cougars 49 Rutgers Scarlet Knights 14
U.S.C. 19 Utah Utes 3
Oregon Ducks 42 U.C.L.A. Bruins 14
Stanford Indians 20 Oregon State Beavers 12
Minnesota Golden Gophers 34 Nebraska Cornhuskers 23
Michigan State Spartans 42 Illinois 3
Ohio State Buckeyes 63 Penn State Nittany Lions 14
Navy 24 Pittsburgh Panthers 21
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 45 Air Force Falcons 10
Arizona Wildcats 45 Colorado Buffaloes 20
Washington Huskies 41 California Golden Bears 17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Canadian University football:-

Bishop Gaitors 40 McGill Redmen 21
Laval Rouge D'Or 30 Montreal Carabins 11
St. Mary's Huskies 14 St. Francis Xavier X-Men 6
Saskatchewan Huskies 33 Regina Rams 15
Manitoba Bison 60 Alberta Golden Bears 18

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 2, 2013, 9:36 pm

In action last night, the U.S.C. Trojans continued their turnaround with a victory over the Oregon State Beavers by a score of 31-14.

Further north, the Manitoba Bisons won a nail biter over the Saskatchewan Huskies 37-36. Next week Manitoba will play the winner of the other semi-final game between the Calgary Dinosaurs and the British Columbia Thunderbirds.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 4, 2013, 12:42 am

The Ole Miss Rebels, Alabama Crimson Tide and L.S.U. Tigers all had the day off yesterday.

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 21 Pittsburgh Panthers 10
Georgia Bulldogs 23 Florida Gators 20 (This was a hardhitting game)
Florida State Seminoles 41 Miami Hurricanes 14
Florida Atlantic 34 Tulane Green Wave 17
East Carolina Pirates 34 Florida International 13
North Carolina Tarheels 27 North Carolina State Wolfpack 19
South Carolina Gamecocks 34 Mississippi State Bulldogs 16
Missouri Tigers 31 Tennessee Volunteers 3
Auburn Tigers 34 Arkansas Razorbacks 17
Clemson Tigers 59 Virginia Cavaliers 10
Boston College Eagles 34 Virginia Tech Gobblers 27 (a surprise to me)
Syracuse Orangemen 13 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 0
Penn State Nittany Lions 24 Illinois Illini 17 (overtime)
Ohio State Buckeyes 56 Purdue Boilermakers 0
Air Force Falcons 42 Army Black Knights 28
Minnesota Golden Gophers 42 Indiana Hoosiers 39
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 38 Navy Midshipmen 34 (a close win over a weak opponent for the Irish)
Michigan State Spartans 29 Michigan Wolverines 6 (State has a good defence)
West Virginia Mountaineers 30 Texas Christian Horned Frogs 27 (overtime)
Oklahoma State Cowboys 52 Texas Tech Red Raiders 34
Texas Longhorns 35 Kansas Jayhawks 13
Texas A&M Aggies 57 Texas El-Paso Miners 7
Nebraska Cornhuskers 27 Northwestern Wildcats 24 (Nebraska wins on a last play Hail Mary pass)
Kansas State Wildcats 41 Iowa State Cyclones 7
Wisconsin Badgers 28 Iowa Hawkeyes 9
Arizona State Sun Devils 55 Washington State Cougars 21
Arizona Wildcats 33 California Golden Bears 28
U.C.L.A. Bruins 45 Colorado Buffaloes 23
..............................................................................................................................

In Canadian University Football the playoffs are on:-

Queen's Golden Gaels 34 Guelph Gryphons 17
Western Mustangs 32 McMaster Marauders 3
Calgary Dinosaurs 42 British Columbia Thunderbirds 28
Mount Allison Mounties 19 Acadia Axemen 10
Laval Rouge D'Or 32 Sherbrooke 11
Montreal Carabins 51 Bishop's Gaiters 8

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 8, 2013, 7:26 pm

In two big games last game with national championship implications, the Baylor Bears slaughtered the Oklahoma Sooners, 41-12. And in the other game, the Stanford Indians proved once again that good defence beats a flashy offence as they won over the Oregon Ducks and their 'Quack Attack', 26-20 The Ducks made a game of it though as they were down 26-0 before they got rolling.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 10, 2013, 4:00 am

The Ole Miss Rebels have bested their old rivals, the Arkansas Razorbacks, by the tune of 34-24.

There is a big game tonight pitting the Alabama Crimson Tide against the L.S.U. Tigers.

In the meantime, these scores are in,

Auburn Tigers 55 Tennessee Volunteers 23 (Can the War Eagles upset 'Bama?)
Missouri Tigers 48 Kentucky Wildcats 17
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 21 Army Black Knights 17
Georgia Bulldogs 45 Appalachian State 6
North Carolina Tarheels 45 Virginia Cavaliers 14
Florida State Seminoles 59 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 3
Vanderbilt Commodores 34 Florida Gators 17 (Either Vandy has improved or the Gators are dreadful)
Cincinnati Bearcats 28 S.M.U. Mustangs 25
Kansas State Wildcats 49 Texas Tech Red Raiders 26
T.C.U. Horned Frogs 21 Iowa State Cyclones 17 (last minute victory for the Frogs)
Iowa Hawkeyes 38 Purdue Boilermakers 14
Minnesota Golden Gophers 24 Penn State Nittany Lions 10

Later scores will follow tomorrow.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 11, 2013, 12:37 am

The Crimson Tide got the victory in a game that was tied at the half. The final score, Alabama 38 L.S.U. 17. Auburn will be upset-minded when they play 'Bama in the final season game for each team. The Tigers are a big surprise and anything can happen in the Iron Bowl which will be played in Shug Jordan stadium this year.

Virginia Tech Gobblers 42 Miami Hurricanes 24
East Carolina Pirates 52 Tulsa Hurricanes 24
Duke Blue Devils 38 North Carolina State Wolfpack 20 (Duke is 7-2, when was the last time Duke won 7?)
Texas Longhorns 47 West Virginia Mountaineers 40 (overtime)
Texas A&M Aggies 51 Mississippi State Bulldogs 41
Syracuse Orangemen 20 Maryland Terrapins 3
Oklahoma State Cowboys 42 Kansas Jayhawks 6
Nebraska Cornhuskers 17 Michigan Wolverines 13
Old Dominion 59 Idaho Vandals 38
Eastern Michigan 35 Western Michigan 32 (overtime)
Indiana Hoosiers 52 Illinois Illini 35
Wisconsin Badgers 27 Brigham Young Cougars 17
Central Florida 19 Houston Cougars 14
Navy Midshipmen 42 Hawaii Rainbows 28
Pittsburgh Panthers 28 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 21
U.S.C. Trojans 62 California Golden Bears 28
U.C.L.A. Bruins 31 Arizona Wildcats 26
Arizona State Sun Devils 20 Utah Utes 19
Washington Huskies 59 Colorado Buffaloes 7

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 11, 2013, 12:43 am

In the Great White North the quarter-finals went as follows:-

Western Mustangs 51 Queen's Golden Gaels 22
Calgary Dinosaurs 43 Manitoba Bison 28

Mount Allison Mounties 20 St. Mary's Huskies 19
Laval Rouge D'Or 14 Montreal Carabins 11

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

NCAA Football 2013-2014

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 11, 2013, 8:24 pm

Here are the latest BCS rankings:-
THE TOP 16
1. Alabama [.996]: The Tide defense is tied for No. 1 nationally in scoring defense. The Tide offense (not counting an end-of-half possession) just put up back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back touchdown drives of 78, 80, 79, 71 and 78 yards against LSU. Life isn't fair.

2. Florida State [.962]: No longer needing a marquee ACC Championship Game win to boost themselves past Oregon, are the Seminoles disappointed a rematch with the Hurricanes no longer looks on the cards?

3. Ohio State [.893]: The silver lining for the Buckeyes might be that if beating Oregon wasn't enough to push Stanford to No. 3, it becomes that much harder to see it happening down the stretch.

4. Stanford [.869]: The Cardinal are no doubt relishing having ruined Oregon's national title hopes and seized control of the Pac-12 North. But they might also be kicking themselves harder than ever for losing to a Utah team now sitting at 4-5.

5. Baylor [.862]: In a surer sign of the apocalypse than the Mayans ever dreamed of concocting, the Bears defense is No. 2 in the FBS in yards per-play allowed at 4.08 a snap, just in front for Florida State.

6. Oregon [.767]: The past two seasons, the Ducks' average margin-of-victory in 13 games vs. Pac-12 teams other than Stanford is 31 points. In two games vs. Pac-12 teams that are Stanford, it's negative-4.5.

7. Auburn [.721]: Auburn's home date vs. Georgia Saturday (3:30 p.m., CBS) has major ramifications in both SEC divisions; a Tiger win both set up a winner-take-all finale in the Iron Bowl for the West and leave Missouri very likely needing to win out to avoid ceding the East to South Carolina.

8. Clemson [.720]: The Tigers were officially eliminated from the Atlantic Division race with Florida State's win. But at least they can still have a major say in the Coastal race against Georgia Tech Saturday, and that's something, right Tiger fans? Right?.

9. Missouri [.712]: It's misery in Gainesville right now, but if the Gators want to see how big a turnaround can be engineered with some staff tinkering and -- more importantly -- not suffering a tidal wave of injuries, they can look to Mizzou.

10. South Carolina [.558]: Speaking of the Gamecocks, why would Mizzou "very likely" have to win out in the event of a Georgia loss? Because Carolina plays its final SEC game of the season Saturday at home to Florida, and it's "very likely" they win to finish at 6-2 in the league.

11. Texas A&M [.547]: Every week that goes by with the Alabama defense looking more and more like itself, the more remarkable the Aggies' offensive performance in the teams' September meeting -- 42 points, 628 yards, 8.8 yards per-play -- becomes.

12. Oklahoma State [.467]: Why is the entire Big 12 schedule so backloaded? After not playing a team ranked in the current BCS top 25 all season, the Cowboys now face three of them (Texas, Baylor and Oklahoma) in their final three games.

13. UCLA [.455]: The Bruins' 7-2 record is even more impressive when you consider that the losses are at Oregon and at Stanford.

14. Fresno State [.432]: Even after the Bulldogs handled what looked like a tricky trip to Wyoming with ease, don't pencil them into the BCS just yet; an equally tricky trip to San Jose State remains in the season finale, and either Boise State or Utah State would loom in the MW Championship Game.

15. Northern Illinois [.351]: The Huskies break into the top 16 for the first time -- just in time for their biggest game of the regular season, a Wednesday night #MACtion visit from 9-1 Ball State.

16. Michigan State [.342]: It's a one-spot jump for the Spartans despite them having the week off. If the Seminoles are shocked, no one would be happier about State's rise into the national top-15 than Ohio State, which could use such a marquee opponent in the Big Ten title game.

"Non-AQ" teams must reach the BCS top 16 and outrank one "AQ" champion to be eligible for an automatic BCS berth.

THE WAITING LIST

17. UCF

18. Oklahoma

19. Arizona State

20. Louisville

21. LSU

22. Wisconsin

23. Miami

24. Texas

25. Georgia
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... in-control

Since Ole Miss beat both L.S.U. and Texas, one would think the Rebels should be on the waiting list.

Return to “World Sports”