English Premier League 2013/14

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 23, 2014, 8:45 am

Chelsea boss,Jose Mourinho,says he wants to rest key players for Sundays crucial clash against league leaders,Liverpool,as he believes next weeks second leg of the Champions League semi final against Atletico Madrid is the more important fixture. (BBC Sport)

Chelsea really have to win at Liverpool to stand a chance of winning the Premiership,so we'll see ? :-k

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 23, 2014, 9:52 am

Too much expected of him after Ferguson's long term presence and successes. Just for information (I know it's from the Daily Mail)
David Moyes' record over his first 50 games better than Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Bill Shankly and Brian Clough
David Moyes has been in charge of Manchester United for 50 matches
Sportsmail can reveal that, over the first 50 games of their respective tenures, the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Bill Shankly and Brian Clough did not fare as well as Moyes
Ferguson and Wenger share a record of 22 wins, 18 draws and 10 defeats
In the current era, no manager has enjoyed a more lucrative return from their first 50 games than Jose Mourinho

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Sir-Alex-
Ferguson-Arsene-Wenger-Bill-Shankley-Brian-Clough.html#ixzz2zfr7uUQ7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 23, 2014, 10:04 am

socksy wrote: In the current era, no manager has enjoyed a more lucrative return from their first 50 games than Jose Mourinho
That'll piss Mathusalah off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 23, 2014, 10:23 am

by Galee » April 23, 2014, 10:04 am

socksy wrote:
In the current era, no manager has enjoyed a more lucrative return from their first 50 games than Jose Mourinho

That'll piss Mathusalah off.

Thanks very much you two; I'll keep you both in mind! [-X :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/

PS. Of course you carefully do NOT point out this was achieved in the era of the original charming, witty, dedicated, respectful and gifted Mourinho, who lightened up the football code, and the EPL in particular; and of whom I was a great admirer =D> =D> . Nothing in common whatsoever with this 2014 imposter. :( :(

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » April 23, 2014, 12:19 pm

Really, really gutted. They could have waited until after the weekend to sack him. I really fancied our chances at OT at the weekend, thought we would get a result and the 3 points. NCFC fan.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 23, 2014, 12:38 pm

dezzer wrote:747 Baht, G.B.P.?
Either of those Dez......But yes preferably GBP... :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 23, 2014, 1:16 pm

socksy wrote:Too much expected of him after Ferguson's long term presence and successes. Just for information (I know it's from the Daily Mail)
David Moyes' record over his first 50 games better than Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Bill Shankly and Brian Clough
David Moyes has been in charge of Manchester United for 50 matches
Sportsmail can reveal that, over the first 50 games of their respective tenures, the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Bill Shankly and Brian Clough did not fare as well as Moyes
Ferguson and Wenger share a record of 22 wins, 18 draws and 10 defeats

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Sir-Alex-
Ferguson-Arsene-Wenger-Bill-Shankley-Brian-Clough.html#ixzz2zfr7uUQ7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
And just how many of FERGUSON, WENGER, SHANKLY, CLOUGH or for that matter MOURINHO took over the current league chumpions?

For info Moyes had a 53% win rate over 1 year and Fergie managed 60% over 20 odd years

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 2:18 pm

747 must soften the blow a bit, but when one is already a millionaire probably does not matter that much to Moyes , just the stigma of getting the sack after 10 months of a 6 year contract, he only lost out by £20 million for his Industrial misconduct :D have a good St.Georges day and also to the Oz contingent.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

Zidane wrote:Chelsea boss,Jose Mourinho,says he wants to rest key players for Sundays crucial clash against league leaders,Liverpool,as he believes next weeks second leg of the Champions League semi final against Atletico Madrid is the more important fixture. (BBC Sport)

Chelsea really have to win at Liverpool to stand a chance of winning the Premiership,so we'll see ? :-k
Why oh why does Mourinho insist on insulting the intelligence of even the least intelligent of fans, with this type of nonsense, which he has been spouting all season? At best, it represents his usual transparent ploy of setting up an alibi for himself against yet another defeat . Something he has had a great deal of practice at this season :-" . In this particular case, of course, even more importantly the likelihood of finishing THIRD in the Premiership.

He is clearly desperate to win EITHER trophy to salvage what could prove to be the worst season of his managerial career. You can 'take to the bank' it is absolute rubbish for him to suggest he is going to 'give up' on the Premier League title, (all he has to do is beat Liverpool and Chelsea become the front runner), and gamble all on what at best could be described as the slimmmest of chances of winning the Champions League.

The Agatha Christie twist to this fascinating scenario is that I have this sickly feeling in my stomach that, should he fail on all fronts then he will still come up smelling of roses. Meaning he will, for the first time this season (apparently :roll:) 'do the honourable thing' and immediately resign as Chelsea Manager; and within hours Man. Ud. will announce his appointment as the club's new Manager :evil: :shock: :( . Anyone care to bet against it?

For what little it is worth, my recommendation would be that Man. Utd. negotiate a deal with Ancelotti whereby he agrees to a 2l3 year appointment, with Ryan Giggs as the club appointed Assistant Manager/Heir apparent to Ancellotti, at the expiration of his contract. But what do I know!

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » April 24, 2014, 11:03 am

747 how you doing lar? has yore neighbour extended his wall in nong khai again ?
hey,its diffycult getting a visa here now.an out of work taxi driver like yorself must be here illegal ha,ha !
a special hello to my fellow liverpool fc friends on the forum,goshawk,dezzer and dublin tony but what has happened to irish allan ?
i'll be at anfield on may 11th for the newcastle game and to see stevie g lift the premrship tophy....yesssssss.....mourinho can go ---- himself !
good to see some of the old posters still around,statto,brain davis,zid and bob helm.i see galilee is the same miserable sod he always was ! ha ha !
as well as the mighty reds the one thing that has made my season is moyes at the mancs.jeez you couldnt make it up he has done so bad.
liverpool champions !!!!!
best wishes to all from sean

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2014, 11:12 am

souness wrote:747 how you doing lar? has yore neighbour extended his wall in nong khai again ?
hey,its diffycult getting a visa here now.an out of work taxi driver like yorself must be here illegal ha,ha !
a special hello to my fellow liverpool fc friends on the forum,goshawk,dezzer and dublin tony but what has happened to irish allan ?
i'll be at anfield on may 11th for the newcastle game and to see stevie g lift the premrship tophy....yesssssss.....mourinho can go ---- himself !
good to see some of the old posters still around,statto,brain davis,zid and bob helm.i see galilee is the same miserable sod he always was ! ha ha !
as well as the mighty reds the one thing that has made my season is moyes at the mancs.jeez you couldnt make it up he has done so bad.
liverpool champions !!!!!
best wishes to all from sean
Don't expect the "Toon" to stand in your way ....... we couldn't stop Scunthorpe, Macclesfield or Cheltenham at the moment :lol:

Rumour was that Irish Allan got abducted by one of those red eyed, powdered faced things that prowl around the soap operas here in Thailand ..... she said he was "very 'ansome" and nobody has seen or heard of him since :badteeth: :shock: :shock:

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » April 24, 2014, 11:28 am

it must be a few years since ive been on here coz when i posted my message i looked and my aviator was bloody torres.....omg....had to change it quick to stevie g.
hopefully newcastle will be an easy game for us to celebrate the trophy.youve gone crap the last 2 months.get rid of pardew and bring in moyes,no wait !
not heard from irish allan for a long time now.last i heard he was very big coz on the beer to much.
i see 747 is still around....his posts never change....complete bollocks....but good if you want a laugh !
sean

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 24, 2014, 11:49 am

Hello Sean, nice to hear from you again.
Have you noticed the similarity to Liverpool this season and your fantasy football team. One lucky season and the rest have been crap. :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2014, 1:32 pm

Jeezuz, A Blast from the PAST............Souness !! 'K'inell I Thought you was DEAD & Buried Mate...Ha ! Ha !
Just to put you straight on a few things in your post(s) NO The T*at next door has not extended the wall, As a matter of fact He has had to put his " Lovely " ( Sarcasm ) House into The Bank No One would pay the Extorinate rent 14,000 pm he wanted Ha ! Ha !
NO, I'm NOT Working at the moment BUT I'm certainly NOT Illegal Ha ! Ha ! ( Next Comment Please )
Irish Alan......Was'nt he on the Other Channel ( He Banned me from there,I Think it was him anyway or maybe Beer Monkey aka Noodles ) was the Person responsable for that, However I Don't give a Flying F**k about them...

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 24, 2014, 2:12 pm

Hello Shaun good to meet a fellow Red through the forum regards Dezzer =D>

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2014, 2:16 pm

dezzer wrote:Hello Shaun good to meet a fellow Red through the forum regards Dezzer =D>
Dez, You'll be SORRY......He's a real NUTTER..... :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2014, 2:28 pm

Stop stating the bloomin' obvious 747 'is avitar has StevieG on it, he's called SOUNESS 'n 'e supports the REDS :lol:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 24, 2014, 2:29 pm

Moved to this topic.

Mathusalah wrote:-
So Galee, without YOU borrowing from the Chapter entitled "Pre-emptive Excuses for Failure" in Jose's manual", what is your forecast for the Liverpool v Chelsea game on Sunday. :-" . Also please don't hesitate to call, after the game, if you would like to borrow my gun. After all, what are friends for? ;) :D

Sorry Mat, Jose has has already hit the nail on the head. Mike Riley has appointed the one referee who hates Jose more than you do. Atkinson. I'm expecting a Liverpool win with all the goals adding to the long list of debatable penalties awarded to Liverpool already this season. :lol:

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 24, 2014, 3:22 pm

747 thanks for warning :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2014, 5:47 pm

dezzer wrote:747 thanks for warning :D
That's what " Friends " Are for.....Mate :lol: :lol: