Football Rumours Mark 2

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » June 14, 2016, 8:04 pm

It is hardly difficult matt - unless you have preconceived ideals.

If. someone settles for money, rather than any alternative, then their aim was, properly, money...

Of course, if you have preconceived ideas then reason is , undoubtedly, whatever your preconceived ideas were - regardless of facts to the contrary.. :D

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by mathusalah80 » June 14, 2016, 9:52 pm

BobHelm wrote:It is hardly difficult matt - unless you have preconceived ideals.
If. someone settles for money, rather than any alternative, then their aim was, properly, money...
Of course, if you have preconceived ideas then reason is , undoubtedly, whatever your preconceived ideas were - regardless of facts to the contrary.. :D
I have expressed, directly, and with absolute clarity, my OPINION in relation to the RELEVANT issue between us, and I have nothing further to add, neither will I.
If you consider it serves your best interests to continue posting in your present manner, in your abortive attempt to justify your position, or to keep' muddying the waters' by posting pseudo, embarrassingly unintelligible philosophical comments as appear above, that's entirely a matter for you. :( Goodnight and sleep well.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » June 15, 2016, 7:23 am

Dunga: Brazil sack coach after Copa America exit at group stage
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36534121

A nil nil draw with Ecuador, followed by a 7-1 thrashing of group whipping boys Haiti followed by a 1 nil loss to group winners Peru.
To say disappointing, is very far of the mark!! :D
It is a team filled with pretty mediocre players from a Brazil standpoint though..

goodison
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by goodison » June 15, 2016, 7:36 am

At long last a rumour that appeared under this thread some time back, has actually reached fruition viz: Ronald Koeman's move from St. Mary's to Goodison Park I'll leave it up to you lot to figure out who will follow him. Fortunately Sammy Lee's name hasn't been mentioned by Sky nor the Beeb nor, naturally, evertonfc.com website.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Brian Davis » June 19, 2016, 6:03 pm

An article from a Manchester paper. More money is coming Palace's way than ever before , but goodness, I trust the Club never loses its' community spirit and becomes corporate.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... p-11380004

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » June 19, 2016, 6:31 pm

Brian. how many games before Pards get the elbow next season? I reckon by the end of nov :-k

The year after he kept West Ham up & took them to the cup final he only lasted a few weeks 8-[

He's good at getting results when everyone is confident and playing well and completely hopeless when he needs to motivate players who have not had good results ...... hence wherever he's been it's 6 or 7 unbeaten followed by 10 defeats

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Brian Davis » June 19, 2016, 7:49 pm

Life could be less complicated, if boring, if one owned a crystal ball - at least one that worked. :lol:
I haven't researched Pardew's management history, but am aware e.g. there WERE some highs at Newcastle, although more lows. Quite independent of your question, I've said elsewhere that it's a mystery to me on occasions when a Club/Manager can be doing wonderfully well at one point and then things go dramatically downhill, although surrounding circumstances don't seem to have changed much. How many managers get the boot like that? Of course, if players aren't good enough or giving 100% (ring any bells?), then's the writing's on the wall.
Pardew's roots are local, he played for Palace and there is a 'connection' - he doesn't carry a weight on his back of being a Londoner! He refused to sign a new contract before the end of the season (not sure if he has now) suggesting, I think, that it wasn't fair to do so until the Club was safe. Or would he have wanted out IF they had got relegated anyway? Some may feel it wasn't a confidence-booster to have him delay his commitment to the Club.But, yes, Palace had an absolutely terrible 2nd half of the season, bar a couple of wins, which meant they scraped through. Without the 1st half of the season and the points collected there, they would certainly be down. Excuses? - well there were things happening which made it seem a curse had been placed on the Club. Adebayor didn't work out. In my view, the Club should have splashed out on a quality striker in the transfer window - but no. They got away with it.
I've waffled on, but who knows? But it's clear to everyone associated with the Club that they must buy/strengthen, particularly one/two quality strikers, capable of scoring on a regular basis. The success or not in the transfer market may well determine Pardew's future - even if a local cult hero!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » June 24, 2016, 8:46 am

Paris St-Germain have sacked manager Laurent Blanc, with the former France defender receiving a £16.85m pay off from the club.
I find this rather surprising & am, personally, disappointed that it did not happen previously & allow him to go to ManU as manager. :D
He would have been a far better 'fit' with the football style demanded than Jose will be I think..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » June 24, 2016, 9:20 am

Yes,its quite a surprise with PSG getting the domestic treble for the last couple of years but they have failed to get beyond the quarter finals of the Champions League for the last 4 years,which probably cost him......but if you haven't got the players to do the job ? :?
Its rumoured Sevilla coach Unai Emery will replace him at PSG.....good luck to him.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » June 24, 2016, 11:07 am

goodison wrote:At long last a rumour that appeared under this thread some time back, has actually reached fruition viz: Ronald Koeman's move from St. Mary's to Goodison Park I'll leave it up to you lot to figure out who will follow him. Fortunately Sammy Lee's name hasn't been mentioned by Sky nor the Beeb nor, naturally, evertonfc.com website.
He's Fat,He's Round,His Arse is on the Ground.....Sammy Lee,Sammy Lee.....Nah He will NOT Be coming to Goodison with Ronald.....Thank Buddah.... :D :D :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2016, 5:29 pm

Well I suppose that the "Looney Tunes" result overnight has just wiped out all the advantage British teams had in the transfer market after the TV deal ..... win some then lose a lot more :-"

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 6, 2016, 6:04 pm

Lionel messi given 21 months sentence http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36721892

socksy
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by socksy » July 7, 2016, 7:21 am

Obscene salaries and demands of inflated ego's and inflated prices. Is it my imagination or has the transfers announced and rumoured this season are out of control?

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says the club were priced out of a move for Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez, 32, after they offered him £150,000 a week but he asked for £250,000 a week to return to his first English side next season. (Daily Mail)
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 7, 2016, 11:06 am

socksy wrote:Obscene salaries and demands of inflated ego's and inflated prices. Is it my imagination or has the transfers announced and rumoured this season are out of control?

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says the club were priced out of a move for Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez, 32, after they offered him £150,000 a week but he asked for £250,000 a week to return to his first English side next season. (Daily Mail)
Very Cheeky that at 32 Years of Age...... :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 10, 2016, 11:23 am

Tottenham are interested in signing Newcastle's Giorginio Wijnaldum, according to the Sunday People.

The Dutchman, 25, is reportedly receiving interest from Liverpool and Everton to boot, with the newspaper also reporting that Newcastle want £30m.

Must be a signing for the future as he will be useless next season ......... he only scores at St James' Park :-$

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 10, 2016, 7:37 pm

Andy.................Did YOU Have to do this ??.....................
Cm62FQMWYAARuvV.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 11, 2016, 7:23 am

It was after reading one of your posts about Everton that I got an uncontrollable urge to "nut" someone,Alan ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 11, 2016, 7:50 pm

Newcastle have put a whopping £35m price tag on French Euro 2016 ace Moussa Sissoko. That is a fair chunk of change to stump up but Sky Bet make Arsenal the 3/1 favs to secure his signature before September 3.

Did someone mention "stupid money" the other day :-"

socksy
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by socksy » July 13, 2016, 5:57 am

That's not a real headbutt Zid - on the chest? One of Rangers and Everton's finest shows the way. I'm wondering if this is part of his coaching role at Goodison 747. He got put inside for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanasvLaW8k
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 13, 2016, 9:34 am

socksy wrote:That's not a real headbutt Zid - on the chest? One of Rangers and Everton's finest shows the way. I'm wondering if this is part of his coaching role at Goodison 747. He got put inside for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanasvLaW8k
" A Liverpool Kiss " :D :D

Return to “World Sports”