PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

General sports news and discussions.
stokiebaz
udonmap.com

PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

Post by stokiebaz » July 26, 2009, 6:40 pm

won,t be long now before the big kick off,we had a great first season but i think we will find it a lot harder this time we can just hope a few others struggle aswell.we are among the favourites for relegation again but i still can,t wait. [-o<

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

Post by BobHelm » July 26, 2009, 7:07 pm

Don't despair Baz.....most bookies have Stoke 5th. from bottom. Sweaty palms, maybe, but I bet you would take that today!!! :D :D

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... relegation

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » July 27, 2009, 12:38 am

yes be happy finish 5th from bottom,,

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 27, 2009, 9:26 am

I reckon that theres 6 potential relegation candidates this season....
The three promoted clubs....Wolves,Birmingham and Burnley and,also,Hull,Portsmouth and Stoke.
Not sure about Wigan,either,now Steve Bruce has left and Bolton have been no great shakes the last couple of seasons.
For what its worth I think Stoke will survive again but,as regards Portsmouth,I think Ralph might have to start making frequent visits to the temple ! [-o< [-o<

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 27, 2009, 9:40 am

Well I went for a look for who was the favourite manager for the first P45 this year...
Pretty good (well written) article in The Football Blog.
http://www.the-football-blog.co.uk/2009 ... -sack-race

For a more light-hearted look at the season ahead, I enjoyed this...
http://sportales.com/soccer/epl-premier ... 2009-2010/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 27, 2009, 9:52 am

Brilliant Bob....some great ones in there.
Wengers schoolkids being called home for supper was the pick for me but I thought Obama taking over at Chelsea and Steve Bruce being signed as cover for Gary Neville were also excellent. :D
Not too sure about the one with United finishing 14th though 8-[

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 15, 2009, 7:21 pm

Bad 30 minutes for Chelsea....1 Down to Hull.

-------------
Spoke to soon...Droggers fired one back...i knew i should of had him. :D
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 15, 2009, 8:45 pm

Drogba makes it 2 in injury time. Hull will feel gutted. Drogba undoubtedly the difference, even if the free kick he scored the first from was fortunate, to say the least.
Chelsea seemed to have a shoot on sight policy.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 15, 2009, 8:47 pm

Dammmmm it.....i toyed with Drogs for ages......already pulling my hairpiece out... :evil:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 15, 2009, 9:13 pm

So, last year if I wanted Premiership Football live I had to go out & seek somewhere with satellite. This year that seems to have changed today & Supersport (the South African Sports channels) are showing live on cable. Just watched Chelsea v Hull, now Blackburn v Man City (City 1-0 up) & Portsmouth v Fulham are BOTH being shown live. Looking at the schedule it seems that they are showing all the Premiership games live. OK would not be fair to fill all the sports channels up with it on cable, but choice of 2 is brilliant... :D :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 16, 2009, 2:03 am

Ding dong...

Merseyside Constabulary would like to thank the Everton supporters for their prompt evacuation of the stadium after Arsenal's 5th goal in what was described as an impromptu fire drill.

Sorry you missed that 6th goal.

Best wishes,

District Area Commander Isaac Hunt.

Merseyside Constabulary.

Ding dong.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 16, 2009, 4:04 am

What a result on the first day...so glad i dumped Baines 30 minutes before...Gooners off to a flyer, can they keep it up...next up Pompey...no problem there, then Man-Yoo, will be a bl***y good game.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 16, 2009, 7:50 am

No reply yet from 747.....I think maybe he got a flight out of Thailand when the 5th goal went in ! :D
No draws yesterday and an excellent win for Wigan at Villa.
Other winners...Chelsea,Man City,Sunderland,Fulham,Stoke and West Ham.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 16, 2009, 10:02 pm

Manchester United 1 Birmingham 0.
With all their injuries I'm sure most United fans would have settled for this result.United fell away a bit the second half but excellent displays from Fabio,Rooney and Evra....also thought Foster did well after last weeks indifferent display.
Birmingham have some decent players and I'm sure they will survive the Premier League.
Incidentally,watched this game in a Thai pub called "The Living Room".....within 10 minutes walk of the Napalai Hotel heading towards the Two Hearts Italian restaurant that was/still is ?
Good atmosphere,mainly young Thais...3 large Heinekens for 219 baht,Spy Wine Cooler 45 baht and some decent Thai nosh 45-80 baht.
OK over to Spurs v Liverpool now.....mixed emotions with Kuyt,Torres and Mascherano in my FF squad plus Keane from Spurs ! :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 17, 2009, 12:04 am

Spurs 2 Liverpool 1.....dream over for another season ??

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 17, 2009, 3:36 am

Expected much much more from Man U.......didn't see it but was reading text commentary updates every minute...as i read it it sounded like Foster was struggling a bit at times......., but Rooney was very good, should have been a bigger score line.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 17, 2009, 10:01 am

Liverpool only lost 2 Premier games whole of last season - Spurs were one of those to beat them - also beat them in League cup. Harry is a whilly old fox & will always get his teams to give any team who likes to play football a run for their money. Not sure how well they will do against sides who are desperate to win/draw by any means though.
Liverpool looked to be missing Alonso - or someone with an eye for a pass. Must be disappointing for them to lose with the 'big two' playing as well. One goal from a dicey penalty is not what was expected.
United won fairly comfortably without impressing me one little bit. Looks like they will struggle against quality opposition this year. Valencia got in some excellent positions, but I thought he was suppose to be 1 of the best crossers of the ball in the Premiership.....showed little of that. Berbatov still fails to impress me. No work ethic & the ability to score a goal has deserted him...Owen came on for him, had the ball in the net (well offside) 1 & 1 with the keeper & missed. However showed more appetite (& ability) for the game than he showed in all his years at Newcastle. Rooney was easily the best player on the park (closely followed by Scholes). Rooney & Owen started 23 times for England - scored 20 goals between them in those starts. Come on Sir A, get rid of the Bulgarian sulker & get a striker with some of that 80 million...
Birmingham looked like a side who, although will undoubtedly be at the bottom of the table, have some ability in the side & may, just may, survive this year still in the Premiership.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 17, 2009, 3:07 pm

A very disappointing start to the season for Liverpool. My only crumb of comfort is that WHL may be a difficult place to go for any team this season and Spurs may add a few more big name scalps. Liverpool need to bounce back and in style. They can't let Stoke repeat last year's performance and need to beat them on Wednesday and beat them well. (Solly Baz.)

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » August 18, 2009, 3:39 pm

i agree alan,be very surprised if we get a result this time.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 20, 2009, 6:32 am

Last nights results...
Birmingham 1 Portsmouth 0
Hull 1 Spurs 5
Liverpool 4 Stoke 0
-------1 --- ---0

Excellent win for Spurs again,joint top of the league.
Liverpool back to form with an emphatic win.
Birmingham off the mark against struggling Portsmouth.
Incidentally,Altrincham are joint top of the Blue Square Premier (Conference)....only 8 miles from Manchester.

I'll leave it to Bob for a more detailed report and hope I dont see I.A. in Central Plaza and,especially,cant see Pete in BBB's ! :oops:

Return to “World Sports”