PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

Post by BobHelm » August 20, 2009, 10:27 am

I missed the game (thank God)..Zidane, but I am not surprised. Think they will struggle to win the Premiership or FA cup this season & the Champions League is way beyond them. :(

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 20, 2009, 10:37 am

0-1,Oh Ronaldo Ronaldo,where art thou Ronaldo!!!!!!!!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 20, 2009, 10:46 am

Carrick missed a first half penalty. Burnley's keeper had an outstanding day. Blake's strike was described as "explosive".
Ferguson will be particularly concerned by the lack of pace and width on show
From BBC report of match
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 202360.stm

Just sounds like Burnley deserved to win it more.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 20, 2009, 1:33 pm

At this moment in time its not looking too good for United.
Priority no.1 must be to get in a striker before August 31 deadline but who ?? Theres not too many options.
Maybe Silva from Valencia or an audacious swoop for Robinho from City.
Berbatov seems to struggle to get into Uniteds style of play and after 4 injury hit seasons you cant expect Owen to come in and be a front line striker straight away.......Wellbeck and Macheda are bit part players.
In midfield is Hargreaves going to come back.....out for 15 months already.....badly missed.
The defence is decimated with injuries.Bobs mate,Ferdinand,is out again with a thigh problem possibly caused by the sciatic problem he had last season.Rumours persist about Barcelona being interested in Vidic.
This may well be the reason stories are circulating about United being interested in Ryan Shawcross from Stoke.
But United have,supposedly,being in decline quite a few times in the past 10 years or so and have always bounced back,eventually.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 20, 2009, 1:46 pm

I think that Owen was primary bought as a sub or fill in for Rooney rather than an every game starter. As that I think he was a good buy - as a number 1 striker I think he is an optimistic buy....
Berb just ain't cutting it - whichever way you look at it. United would have been better off keeping Jones - at least you get a menace in the box even if maybe not a world class player.
Agree there are not too many available Zidane, but United seemed to show zero interest in those that were & with 80 Mill from Ronaldo that is disappointing.
If United let Vidic go then I think that about says it all for their ambition for the next couple of seasons....

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 20, 2009, 6:45 pm

It was the result Liverpool needed and it was good to see Johnson getting on the score sheet. I will not laugh too loud at Man U's defeat as Liverpool have to go there and Turf moor could prove to be a potential banana skin for the top teams. A great hit by the boy Blake to win the game and Burnley worked their socks off for a shock victory.

I think I have Hansenitis! 8-[

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 22, 2009, 10:12 pm

Arsenal 3-1....Fabregas goes off injured.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 22, 2009, 11:18 pm

Wigan 0 Man Utd 5.....didnt see that one coming at half time ! :D
Arsenal beat Portsmouth 4-1 and Hull City gain only their second victory in 26 games beating Bolton 1-0.
Birmingham 0 Stoke 0; Man City 1 Wolves 0;Sunderland 2 Blackburn 1;

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 23, 2009, 1:48 am

Even Lawrenson predicted 0-2 to United but 0-5... :shock: Great result! Owen's goal reminded me of that goal against Argentina in '98. Why oh why did Benitez not take him back to Anfield. A 3-year contract, maybe a bit part player but he might be a potential match winner.

Hypothetically let us say United were 0-0 when he came on. I think he will win more than a few points for United this season. Pass the Siam Sato Zidane... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 23, 2009, 9:55 am

At half time it seemed a pretty lacklustre United performance.I thought the game would either end up goaless or either team would nick it by a solitary goal.
First half United started brightly,missed a couple of chances,then fell away with Wigan finishing the stronger team.
But in the second half what a different story....goals galore.Felt a bit sorry for Wigan as 5-0 didnt really reflect the game overall.
But yes,you can have Owen if you want.I'm sure SAF will exchange him for Torres :-"

More Siam Sato tonight....West Ham v Spurs at 7.30pm.I'll be well gone by the time Fulham v Chelsea come on and I'll probably wake up thinking Fulham have had a resounding victory ! [-o<

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 23, 2009, 10:12 am

Zidane wrote:I'll be well gone by the time Fulham v Chelsea come on and I'll probably wake up thinking Fulham have had a resounding victory ! [-o<
I thought I had weird dreams, but at least they have a small bit of reality. :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 25, 2009, 1:22 am

I thought Burnley might be a banana skin for the big clubs but it has proved to be a banana skin for the smaller clubs also......... Like Everton.

Cue Mr. 747.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 25, 2009, 3:43 am

Whats happened to Liverpool 3-1 down to Villa at Home.... :shock:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 25, 2009, 8:45 am

I think Alan will be waking up with a head ache after that result. :shock:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 25, 2009, 9:14 am

Last season Liverpool lost only two games.This season they have lost two out of the first three :roll:
Maybe they are missing Alonso more than they think.
But looking good for the three London teams Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal....at least Man City are doing well for the north
Its possible I.A. broke Roys record of 7 Siam Sato's last night ! :-&

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 25, 2009, 9:28 am

Well 2/3 games in....
Spurs top....I did expect them to be in the hunt for a European competition at the end of the year. Harry is a good manager, especially on limited resources. I still think they will have a good season, but not this good. Will struggle against any side wanting to be physical against them.
Chelsea second. No surprise & will be there abouts at the end of the season too.
Arsenal third. That is a real surprise to me. I would have not have been surprised if they were the third London club at the end of season, but I was thinking Spurs second in about 5th. place. :D Wenger does it again - group of youngsters playing attacking football. I almost hope they win it this year as a punt towards the big money spenders..
United 4th...they only have to struggle on in contention until Christmas &,if they are, will probably fluke another win...
At the bottom....
Everton bottom.....same as a couple of seasons ago off to a terrible start.
Bolton, Blackburn, Portsmouth will probably all struggle all season. Portsmouth certainly look a good bet for the drop as you can only see their overall position (football, management & league) worsening :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 25, 2009, 11:18 am

It will take till October for the league to settle down.Just look at the results so far as a merry-go-around..

Liverpool lose to Villa but Villa lose to Wigan but Wigan lose to Man U but Man U lose to Burnley but Burnley lose to Stoke but Stoke lose to Liverpool......

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » August 25, 2009, 1:43 pm

The only word I can think of is.......... Disaster. I hope you are right Zidane and things are a bit topsy turvy for a while I just hope it doesn't involve any more defeats. I had a headache alright Gal, brought about by smacking my head on the table. Any crumbs of comfort I could see after Spurs were eaten by the claret and bluetits... :(

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 26, 2009, 11:03 am

Well it is not really Premiership, but the Carling Cup kicked off last night.
Kicked off being the word where Millwall & West Ham fans were concerned. The two sets of supporters are a little notorious for their past violent behaviour (films, documentaries & news reports of past violence is well recorded) & were at it again last night..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 221590.stm
However the "bizarre match of the night" award must go to the Swansea City v Scunthorpe United game in Swansea.
It was a bit dull until Swansea made it 1-1 late on to send it into extra time. However, Swansea had Captain Monk sent off, followed by Dobbie being forced off with a rib injury with all subs used, making Swansea down to 9. Iron's were then gifted a penalty to go 2-1 up. Pintado was sent off for a second bookable offence for showing dissent to referee Linington making Swansea down to 8. Then his fellow countryman Angel Rangel followed just a minute later when the Spanish full-back was dismissed for seemingly elbowing Matthew Sparrow. Swansea down to 7. Tempers erupted in the dug-outs as Swansea and Scunthorpe's benches clashed as debutant Besian Idrizaj was fouled and was forced off. Swansea down to 6....
Football League rules state each side must have at least seven players on the pitch for a game to be played so with Swansea down to six men, Isle of Wight official Linington was considering abandoning this footballing farce with two minutes remaining.

However Swans boss Paulo Sousa had seen enough & forced the injured Idrizaj back on to the pitch despite his inability to take part just to see and end to it all.... :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 26, 2009, 11:21 am

Now the houlighans are on the rampage,watching it now on BBC!Any doubt the human is a flawed thing,is readily put to bed when watching behavior like this :shock:

Return to “World Sports”