Fantasy Football 2009/10

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Fantasy Football 2009/10

Post by Zidane » July 29, 2009, 7:38 pm

I see there has been a change of manager already at Crash Test Dummies.
German coach Hans Upperkunt has been replaced by Warwick Hunt who managed the team for part of last season.
What was the reason I.A. ? Poor pre-season friendly results or was Hans involved in some sort of scandal in the cosmetics area at Robinsons ? :censored:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 29, 2009, 8:03 pm

Zidane wrote: What was the reason I.A. ? Poor pre-season friendly results or was Hans involved in some sort of scandal in the cosmetics area at Robinsons ? :censored:
No that was Harold.... :mrgreen:

I too have been tinkering,as just watched West Ham play Spurs...... :|

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 30, 2009, 1:14 am

Zidane wrote:I see there has been a change of manager already at Crash Test Dummies.
German coach Hans Upperkunt has been replaced by Warwick Hunt who managed the team for part of last season.
What was the reason I.A. ? Poor pre-season friendly results or was Hans involved in some sort of scandal in the cosmetics area at Robinsons ? :censored:
Oui Monsieur Zidane... It has come to our attention that Herr Upperkunt has been loitering around Central Udon trying to seduce young ladies there... We have terminated his contract with immediate effect and re-instated Warwick Hunt on a 3-year deal with his brother Isaac Hunt acting as his assistant.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 30, 2009, 5:08 am

I bet a shilling that they will be replaced during the season up and coming....i am sure my Man 'Big Ed Mustapha' will also take an early bath....it takes a lot to keep me happy.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » July 30, 2009, 7:53 am

Breaking News: The Onionbaggers have appointed Sven Goran Eriksson's son Sony as their new coach.
Little is known of Sony other than he is believed to be the product of a one night stand Sven enjoyed in one of Tokyo's infamous karaoke bars.
When approached by our reporter Sony politely bowed, took a few snaps then wandered off muttering something about "white devils".

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 30, 2009, 9:43 am

I have a player flagged as doubtful already... :shock: It's July for Christ sake. Looks like the curse is back... :(

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2009, 9:51 am

You know the rules IA. You are NOT allowed any Man U players in your squad. Unlike any other player you are allowed as many Liverpool players as you like - indeed 5 will be compulsory... :D :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 30, 2009, 12:59 pm

Irish Alan wrote:I have a player flagged as doubtful already... :shock: It's July for Christ sake. Looks like the curse is back... :(
Alain,mon ami,I think by now you are realising that building your team around Gary Neville is a big mistake,yes?
If you want an experienced captain might I recommend Luis Boa Morte from West Ham to you....give him a go till Xmas and youll be surprised how many points he accumulates for you.
Au revoir.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 30, 2009, 3:01 pm

Oui monsieur Zidane I do have my doubts about PHIL (Steptoe) Neville. He couldn't score in a brothel with a sack of tenners. 8 goals in 406 games, though he had a decent total for a bargain basement player last season. Methinks Warwick Hunt will have his axe out tonight. I'm trying to decide if I will go against my religion and bring in a few Man U players.

Bon chance.

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » July 30, 2009, 3:32 pm

i see theres a couple of new faces in the league thomas and stephen and they are both pool supporters!!
welcome and good luck.
stephen is from ireland just like you irish allan.

sean

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 30, 2009, 3:44 pm

Yeah noticed the name Sean and thought he had to be one of our lot.

Good to see you got an avatar. :mrgreen:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 30, 2009, 3:45 pm

Sean Your new avatar is pretty ...... ;)

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » July 30, 2009, 3:57 pm

thanks ive been trying to get an aviator for a bit but kept getting the message wrong size.
but being away gave me time to sort one out.
red rag to a bull for some i think,ha ha !

sean

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2009, 9:48 pm

Not quite sure which section of the football bit to put this in. I put it here because I read it because of the Petrov injury. Yeah I had him last year, I really rate him as a player - but a couple of weeks in he goes & gets injured, so this season he doesn't even get that far & has been injured in some pathetic cup that Villa are playing in. So I want to find out how long he is out for ( it looks 100% he is out the team b4 my season starts :D ). And I come across this offering on 606 about Luke Moore who had the same injury. Football fans can just be soooo biting sometimes.. :D
Moore: I'm fine boss, honest, look!

*Luke swings his arm like a windmill"

MON: The physio says you still can't play Luke, sorry.

*The physio walks into MON's office*

Physio: Good news on the Luke front boss, I think he's ready to....

*MON throws the physio an icy stare*

Physio: er..... be out for at least another three months.

Moore: But you said out there...

Physio: Yeah sorry Luke that was before we looked at this X-ray.

Moore: That's not an X-ray it's a poster from Top Gear magazine!

MON: Look Luke neither of us are health care professionals we'll just have to take what he says and....

Moore: It's a Subaru Impreza!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 8, 2009, 4:18 pm

1 week to go...get the kits washed and pressed, boots shined,Invest in a new sponge and bucket, sharpen the knife for the half time Oranges and finalize your teams men.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 9, 2009, 10:28 am

Big kick off next Saturday 15th.....first game Chelsea v Hull at 6.45pm Thai time,big win for Chelsea I reckon.(Lampard,Drogba,Anelka anyone ??) :D
Spurs v Liverpool is the late kick off Saturday.Should be a good game.Hope the Beer Changs havent taken their toll by then !
Sunday 16th has Man United v Birmingham at 7.30pm Thai time.Surely United should win this one comfortably.I'm even thinking about watching it in my jinxed place at the outdoor restaurant at the Charoen cos' I like the food and the ambience there.....but United 4 defeats in the 9 times I've watched them there 8-[

And certainly some Fantasy results in the start of the Coca-Cola League yesterday including...
Norwich 1 Colchester 7 :yikes:
Cardiff 4 Scunthorpe 0
Gillingham 5 Swindon 0
Notts County 5 Bradford City 0
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 9, 2009, 10:51 am

Don't do it Zidane - go Saturday & enjoy the ambience & food then. United without 2 pillars of defence (Vidic & van dar Saar) & notoriously bad starters.... :yikes: :yikes:

As for the results Cardiff are a good side who only just missed out last season - they must have high hopes for this season.
See Newcastle drew (although it was a last season Premiership match) rumours of dissent & disillusion circulate from their camp daily.... :( :(

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 13, 2009, 11:13 am

I think we have everyone on board for the FU league this year. For anyone's who's lurking and undecided, only 2 days to make your mind up.

Personally, I was panicking yesterday. Had no internet yesterday and only a few minutes Tuesday. Still not happy with my squad, so was beginning to think I'd have to make do and hope for the best.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 13, 2009, 1:15 pm

Am I correct in thinking I can make unlimited free transfers right up until the first ball is kicked on Saturday? I need to do some fine tuning with my mostly computer-picked choices.

Last year I picked up defender $hittu as a statement for my team's ineptness. Is he still available?

Questions and more questions but so little time. :-k

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 13, 2009, 1:32 pm

Yes, thats correct Polehawk.

Think it is up to 4.30pm Thai Time, as many as you like.

Return to “World Sports”