Football Transfers.

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Football Transfers.

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2009, 5:14 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
Zidane wrote: And I see that Colchester United have signed a guy called Lee Beevers on a free transfer from Lincoln City....Roy,see no need to worry after all ! :D
Wasn't it Naked Gun where Leslie Nielsen was able to say 'Nice beaver' ? =P~ [-X
Where I used to work there was a lady called Angela Beaver who was having an affair with a guy in the office,so you can imagine some of the comments !
Anyway,I'm sure Lee Beever will be an outstanding success at Colchester ! :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 18, 2009, 1:12 pm

If you thought the Ronaldo and Kaka transfers were crazy,hows about this one ?

Barcelona have signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Inter Milan in a swap deal with Samuel Eto'o and Alexander Hleb going the other way.....BARCELONA WILL ALSO PAY INTER 40M EUROS !! :shock:

A very good deal for Inter as I reckon Eto'o is the better of the two strikers even without the money they will receive from Barca.
Ibrahimovic is not bad but not a "wow" player imo.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 18, 2009, 1:35 pm

Agree a strange deal for Barcelona Zidane.
Eto seems to have his share of injuries but even so.....
Barcelona seem to have lost faith in him - wasn't there some discussion about him going to Man. City???
Maybe have decided they need a different style of striker & Henry has the vote over Eto for the small (well compared to Ibrahimovic :D ) & quick... :D :D
Hleb is also a strange one to let go after the way the actively worked him away from The Gunners...must have decided he isn't the midfield defensive player they thought they were getting....

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 19, 2009, 11:32 am

Adebayor has completed his move from Arsenal to Manchester City on a 5 year deal for a fee estimated in the region of 25m.
Michael Owen scored the winner for Manchester United as they beat a Malaysian Select XI 3-2 in front of 100,000 fans in Kuala Lumpur.Rooney and Nani were the other United scorers.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 19, 2009, 11:38 am

Michael Owen scored the winner for Manchester United as they beat a Malaysian Select XI 3-2 in front of 100,000 fans in Kuala Lumpur.Rooney and Nani were the other United scorers.
I saw the end of that game (it was 2-2 when I switched over to it) as it was live on one of the sports channels. Owen looked quite lively and keen, had a couple of long range efforts that the keeper had to deal with. Could be the signing of the season...... :D :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 19, 2009, 12:17 pm

With Abedayor going to Citeh, you can see why they need Terry. Mark Hughes is intending to play a 1-2-7 formation.

nifty
udonmap.com

Post by nifty » July 19, 2009, 1:17 pm

and tevez leaves united because he cannot get a game,be the same at city on the bench with all the strikers they :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 19, 2009, 1:59 pm

No Tevez left United because he couldn't get enough money. A problem he isn't going to have at City. He will merrily pull splinters from his arse with his fellow mercenaries on the bench at Eastlands.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 20, 2009, 10:57 am

Chelsea are in a tournament in the States later this week and they played a warm up game in Seattle on Saturday.
I watched the match on TV yesterday and was surprised that one of the Chelsea substitutes who came on was Shevchenko ! =;
I thought he was transferred to AC Milan last season but must have been a seasons loan.He,certainly,only started a handful of games for them.
I'll be surprised if he turns it on in the Premiership this season,looks past his sell by date and,in the pecking order at Chelsea behind Drogba,Anelka and Sturridge.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 21, 2009, 2:33 pm

Heres another Tevez story with a difference....
United fan Claudia Thomas named her baby after her favourite player,Carlos Tevez,just hours before the player signed for rivals,Manchester City.
Claudia,from Moss Side,decided to name her child Tevez a few months before the rumours started about him leaving the club.
She briefly reconsidered his name when he signed for City but liked it so much she decided to stick with it.
Claudia aged 38 said"Tevez is a lovely name,I decided on it ages ago.I was gutted when I saw he transferred to City.My family are all United fans so I dont know what they will say when they find out !"

Heres a pic of Mum with baby Tevez who seems to have the same handsome looks of Carlos :yikes:
Baby Tevez.jpg
Baby Tevez.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 1101 times

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 21, 2009, 2:47 pm

England international,David Beckham,was given a hostile reception by LA Galaxy fans when he turned out for them against AC Milan at the weekend.
Numerous anti-Beckham banners were on display and he was heckled and jeered continuosly by a contingent of Galaxy fans called "LA Riot Squad" apparently !
It is rumoured that Beckham may be heading back to the English Premier League with Spurs and Chelsea interested in his signature.
Below is a picture of the David and his wife,Victoria.For those of you unfamiliar,David is the one with the tattoos in the missionary position on the top picture......a position also favoured by our own LA ! :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 21, 2009, 2:49 pm

Sorree,forgot the pic :oops:
beckhams.jpg
beckhams.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 30, 2009, 8:53 am

Just a few snippets from today....
Kolo Toure has completed his 16m transfer from Arsenal to Manchester City.A season of relative struggle for Arsenal maybe ?
Everton will,today,reject an improved bid from City for their defender Joleon Lescott.
Alvaro Arbeloa will complete his 3.5m move from Liverpool to Real Madrid.

And in the Champions League qualifier,Celtic lost in their first leg match at home to Dinamo Moscow 1-0,so not looking good for the Jocks. :(

(Courtesy of BBC Sports news)

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 30, 2009, 9:33 am

Ronaldos ''replacement'',Valencia, scored on a pass from Rooney against Boca Juniors in Man Utd's 2-1 win! =D> =D> =D>

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2009, 9:54 am

Ronaldo also scored for RM - a penalty after he was "tripped" in the box... :? :?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 30, 2009, 2:57 pm

BobHelm wrote:Ronaldo also scored for RM - a penalty after he was "tripped" in the box... :? :?
Yes, I'm waiting to see that one again. I'll give him the benefit of doubt at the moment, but really hoped I could admire him for his ability, rather than the fact he cons referees.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 30, 2009, 3:18 pm

Here ya go... Looks stonewall and not a Greg Louganis.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l24FzxwpY9g&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l24FzxwpY9g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 30, 2009, 4:54 pm

Well done, Alan. Yes, even I would have had to give that one - um, reluctantly! :lol:

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » August 6, 2009, 8:59 am

pool midfielder xabi alonso has completed his 30m euroz transfer to real madrid but pool have signed roma midfielder alberto aquilani to replace him for 20m euroz.
sorry to see xabi go as hes been a great player for the reds but hope rafa can get in another good striker before the season starts.

sean

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 6, 2009, 12:02 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
BobHelm wrote:Ronaldo also scored for RM - a penalty after he was "tripped" in the box... :? :?
Yes, I'm waiting to see that one again. I'll give him the benefit of doubt at the moment, but really hoped I could admire him for his ability, rather than the fact he cons referees.
It is beyond me how anybody can not admire him for his abilties!His ego is another story though,although he backs up his thinking of himself,just hard to admire sometimes!
I would venture to guess that he gets less deserved call than he gets call where he ''conned the referee'',he is that quick footed and that good.I wish miss the excitement he brought to the Man Utd. game and will be purposely watching Real Madrid games because of him!

Return to “World Sports”