Visa trip to Laos....

Information & Travel
handsome-Dane
udonmap.com

Post by handsome-Dane » August 21, 2008, 3:08 pm

wokkawombat wrote:handsome-dane, I understood from your post that you went in a rented car. The original post was about going to Laos and you said you went there in a rented car. Maybe a different understanding of the use of the word 'there". No Ploblems. :D

John
Different way to read. Going to Laos I through going to the border not all the way into Laos.
I my eyes I think there are only 2 ways to cross the bridge. Bus or rent a car/minbus at the border. I am not sure you can walk the bridge. But I am sure that I went in a rented car to the border from Udon, because I am to lazy to walk it and to scared to take the bus from Udon to NK

Royal Orchids

Re: Visa trip to Laos....

Post by Royal Orchids » January 5, 2009, 1:05 am

Just be careful where you are going and whom you are going with. The prices of every thing is different between the locals and the tourists. Ask a Thai people to take you there, at least we understand their language.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » January 5, 2009, 9:09 am

merchant seaman wrote:If you don't want to wait in line at the Thai Embassy liscense tour agents outside the embassy will process your paper work and deliver your passport to you the next day at one at your hotel. Completely legal I use them all the time. Cost 3000 baht plus the cost of the visa. Non "O" single entry visa 2000 baht
I have a query that is a bit away from the subject here but perhaps someone will know. Went up to the Myanmar border last December and friends I was with wanted to cross for visit. I was a bit reluctant when authorities at the gate wanted to keep my passport and issue me with just a photocopy of the main page. I decided to stay in Thailand as I had been previously told to never let your passport out of your sight. As it turned out, the visit turned rather short, as at the last moment, Thai friend (who was hesitant all along) decided "no way" also. So what would majority of you have done?

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » January 5, 2009, 9:24 am

Royal Orchids wrote:Just be careful where you are going and whom you are going with. The prices of every thing is different between the locals and the tourists. Ask a Thai people to take you there, at least we understand their language.
Now this is a bit of a racist post. I guess, Royal Orchids, that you are Thai. Well I have lived in Thailand and now Laos and the pricing differential is far worse in Thailand than here. I never got the real Thai price, no matter how well I spoke Thai. here I always get local price. Thailand has an odious practise of foreigners paying more than Thais at any attraction, including admission to national parks - now that is appalling behaviour.

Also as far as who you go with and where you are going. Laos doesn't have terrorists who occupy aiports. I would suggest you are safer in Laos than Thailand. Also you will not be scammed by fake monks, gem merchants etc etc.

Return to “Laos”