lao living

Information & Travel
designer
udonmap.com

lao living

Post by designer » April 10, 2008, 5:50 pm

Tell me " is it easy to get pemanent residence in lao,and can you own land or a house,can you run a buisness or have you got to put up with the same crap as in thailand,

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Re: lao living

Post by RALPHCUSENS » April 10, 2008, 6:56 pm

designer wrote:Tell me " is it easy to get pemanent residence in lao,and can you own land or a house,can you run a buisness or have you got to put up with the same crap as in thailand,
Basically you have to put up with the same as you do here.

The regulations are I believe modelled on the Thai system, or at least, very very simular.

The police, will know exactly where you are, and what you are doing, and will soon find excuses to extract "tea money" from you.

The biggest No-No, is living, or sleeping with a Lao woman, when not married.

I was actually fined $400, for living with a "business Partner" :^o , and told that would cover me fro three months, and if not married by then, and still co-habiting, it would then cost me $4000, if after three months further, it would be another $4000, and deportation.

But as previously stated on another thread, there are ways around these regulations.
:D :D :D
:D :D :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: lao living

Post by Irish Alan » April 10, 2008, 7:42 pm

RALPHCUSENS wrote:I was actually fined $400, for living with a "business Partner" :^o , and told that would cover me fro three months, and if not married by then, and still co-habiting, it would then cost me $4000, if after three months further, it would be another $4000, and deportation.
Haven't they heard of a sleeping partner?
RALPHCUSENS wrote:The biggest No-No, is living, or sleeping with a Lao woman, when not married.
:shock: :shock: :shock: All of a sudden the price of cheese on toast, lack of PG Tips t-bags and samlor drivers don't bother me.

designer
udonmap.com

no solution

Post by designer » April 11, 2008, 4:18 pm

I thought i can live in lao its not far to my wifes place nongbuha lamphu
and have more security ,like buying a house or owning a buisness.I live in capetown ,but would like to retire in the east, if rates are not high and you dont have a lot of expence then tea money is just the cost of living
we pay high rates to the city and no tea money i dont know which works out cheaper

designer
udonmap.com

Post by designer » April 11, 2008, 4:30 pm

Hi ralphcusens,I realy would like to know about ownership of land ect is there anyone i can get this info from ,i get a bit worried about having all my assets tied up in africa ,

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2008, 5:13 pm

Designer, Here is a site you might want to read..

Retirement in Laos

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 13, 2008, 12:15 am

Here is another very good Lao related website.

www.ecotourismlaos.com

Return to “Laos”