Laos Visa Application Form

Information & Travel
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2011, 5:58 pm

For those who travel to Laos frequently, it may save you time to print and complete your visa application before you cross the bridge.

Unfortunately UM does not allow me to attach the file (pdf) here, so you will need to go to ThaiVisa to download it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/436 ... tion-form/

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Laos Visa Application Form

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 26, 2011, 7:21 pm

If I remember rightly there are two forms, do we que for the second? It's similar to the Thai,TM 5. In effect no real time saving!

21again
udonmap.com

Post by 21again » January 26, 2011, 7:46 pm

Last time i went the guy at window 2 was giving out a duplicate set so you filled one in there and then and had one of each to take away with you for your next trip. :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2011, 7:51 pm

Dero my memory is the second form is a health declaration, and they are (were) readily available on the desk outside the small office (? bank) to the left of the visa application office.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 26, 2011, 8:03 pm

I am not a member of TV, so can't download or look at the form.
I imagine that it is the 'application' that you put your photo on - which is a reasonably large (A4??) form.
There is a second form which is much like the Thai visa application & has two parts to it. It is also only about A5 size in total. One part is removed on entry & the other part is date stamped & removed on exit.
Hence I guess the difficulty in allowing people to produce their own as I doubt they would be perforated etc. & the office would have to tear them in half & undoubtedly some people would print them & leave on A4 size..
Health declaration no longer needed & the desk where they used to collect them is gone.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2011, 8:37 pm

I bow to your experience Bob. :D

It has been a while since I have done the crossing - fortunately with an A-O visa, the 3 monthly jaunt is not required. =D>

Not sure how we can overcome the view/download problem. Perhaps you can persuade Lee to allow pdf attachments. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 26, 2011, 8:45 pm

I don't think it is even an option with the software that Lee uses for the Forum Jack.
Can you download the form then take a screen capture of it with something like MWSnap & then upload it as a 'picture' JPEG attachment??
It is difficult for people to amend PDF files (unless you are using a different viewer to Adobe) on screen, so most people will have to print & fill in manually anyway - so little difference if it is a PDF or JPEJ image...
I do think it would be useful to have a copy on here & thanks for pointing it out.....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2011, 9:01 pm

Will do tomorrow Bob.

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » January 26, 2011, 11:03 pm

I've gone over to Laos numerous times. On two separate occasions, I went to the website of Laos Immigration, printed the Visa application and filled it out in advance with the idea of saving time at the border crossing.

The first time I did it, it worked great. The Immigration official accepted it and I was through in no time.

The second time, the Immigration official (different guy) pushed it back and tried to hand me a blank form to fill out. I once again showed him the internet version, all filled out with the same information. He pushed it back to me and began adamantly waving his blank form at me.

I sat down and filled out his form.

Go figure.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » January 27, 2011, 9:31 am

Hi,
Bam. This is what happened to me last time i crossed the border. Thought i was being clever, got a blank form and filled it out before i got to Imm.. The lady said where did you get this form. We did not issue it. Told me it was my first and last warning. She give me a blank form and told me to fill it out. She was quite nasty with it, Did not say anything to her as i needed to get into country. The only differance between the form she give me and the one i had, there was a stamp, from the border post on it. She could just as easy put a stamp on the form i give her. She must of had a bad night. Some you win some you lose.
This is life.

21again
udonmap.com

Post by 21again » January 27, 2011, 10:53 am

21again wrote:Last time i went the guy at window 2 was giving out a duplicate set so you filled one in there and then and had one of each to take away with you for your next trip. :D
douglas wrote:Hi,
Bam. This is what happened to me last time i crossed the border. Thought i was being clever, got a blank form and filled it out before i got to Imm.. The lady said where did you get this form. We did not issue it. Told me it was my first and last warning. She give me a blank form and told me to fill it out. She was quite nasty with it, Did not say anything to her as i needed to get into country. The only differance between the form she give me and the one i had, there was a stamp, from the border post on it. She could just as easy put a stamp on the form i give her. She must of had a bad night. Some you win some you lose.
This is life.
I'll check now to see if they have stamped the spares they gave to me, i'll let you know.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 25, 2012, 2:24 pm

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 25, 2012, 3:22 pm

Well it is certainly a start Joe, but not the complete answer.
There are two forms required to be filled in for a Laos visa application.
The one you have placed here plus a A5 sized form that is perforated down the middle, an entrance & exit application. The exit part is added into your passport & removed when you eventually leave the country.

Return to “Laos”