Passport renewal in Vientiane

Information & Travel
gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Passport renewal in Vientiane

Post by gudtymchuk » December 7, 2010, 4:00 pm

Greetings all! I am staying in Sakon Nakhon, (approx 160km east of Udon). Currently on a 30 day extension on a double entry tourist visa. I will be doing a Laos visa run on about Dec 20 at the end of my current 30 day extension to re-enter Thailand on my second entry. I would like to renew my passport at the same time at the U.S. Embassy in Vientiane. Does anyone know the turnaround time to renew a visa and will the Embassy send the new passport to me in Sakon or will I have to make another trip to pick up the visa in person? Also, will this embassy give a letter acceptable by Thai Immigration to transfer my tourist visa? Hope someone can help.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Re: Passport renewal in Vientiane

Post by merchant seaman » December 9, 2010, 7:14 pm

Renewed my US passport in Bangkok. They no longer make passports outside the U.S. They will send the application by dipomatic pouch to the U.S. Mine took 12 days. You must pick up in person at which time they will cancel your present passport. They will then give you a letter for immigration to issue you an entry permit for Laos. You will have to apply for a new Thai Visa. Of course these regs change day to day.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Post by gudtymchuk » December 10, 2010, 3:15 pm

Thanks MS. I was hoping to do my passport renewal at Vientiane and avoid going to Bangkok..... Two trips 12 days apart to Bangkok could be expensive.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » December 10, 2010, 6:19 pm

Go to Pattaya for 12 days. Check when Embassy making their next trip to Udon

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 10, 2010, 6:26 pm

Return to “Laos”