Accommodation in Vientiane

Information & Travel
Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » October 29, 2010, 9:12 pm

I probably should start a new thread, but as long as I get the info.

Who can recommend a reasonably priced hotel/guesthouse in Vientiane, location not so important as I'll be on my bike, but value for money is. Directions and phone num would be appreciated too!

Cheers in advance
Glyn

Chriss
udonmap.com

Re: Accommodation in Vientiane

Post by Chriss » October 30, 2010, 9:28 am

There was a recommendation in another thread maybe on UT for the Lao Silk Hotel, seems its recently renovated and apparently 750 bht a night. Website http://ailao.com/laosilkhotel/ The contact page has a map as well as phone numbers and email.

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » October 30, 2010, 9:54 am

The Souphaphone guest house is about 1 year old. It has very nice large rooms, TV, a small fridge, en suite and air for $20 pn and is very clean. It is in an excellent location, just opposite a decent pub.
http://souphaphone.net/

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 30, 2010, 11:21 am

I think this guest house is opposite the Lao Silk if the decent pub is the Hare and Hounds....

captainahab
udonmap.com

Post by captainahab » October 30, 2010, 2:02 pm

Souphaphone guest house
I think this guest house is opposite the Lao Silk if the decent pub is the Hare and Hounds....
The Souphaphone Guest House is in the small Soi that runs between the Lao Silk and the Hare and Hound.

The one opposite the Hare and Hound (and probably the one Chris means ) is the Sinnakhone Hotel (Tel 856 21 217 244) another recently opened guest House with rooms at 600 Baht per night.

They are all in the same area of Francois Nginn Road alongside Wat Mixay.

If you want a quiet drink forget the TexMex (a dump anyway) and head for the Khop Choi Dieu, a beer garden / restaurant, next to Namphu Fountain.

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » October 31, 2010, 7:31 am

The Souphaphone IS opposite the Hare and Hounds as well, but is in a small soi that runs of Rue Francois Ngin.
The Tex Mex restaurant is rubbish. If you want recommendations where to go to eat and drink, tell me what you like and post again.

Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » November 1, 2010, 12:37 pm

Cheers guys

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 1, 2010, 2:53 pm

Have you seen the link to the Hobo maps version for Vientiane? I posted it on another thread. A good source of where everything is

http://hobomaps.com/VientianeCentralMap.html

jeffjhawk

Post by jeffjhawk » June 26, 2011, 7:57 pm

There's a great new place called Salana Boutique Hotel - not low-budget but a great value given the luxury and service in a great central location. Rooms range from 2,200 Bt/night to 4,400 for a large luxury suite with a full length balcony during low season. Std suite is about 3,300. Anyway, it's quite nice and an unexpected luxury for under $150 US. If you want to splurge, no need to spend more. See - Salanaboutique.com or a booking site.

Return to “Laos”