Mitsubishi pump fast-cycling

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Mitsubishi pump fast-cycling

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2023, 11:26 am

glalt wrote:
January 1, 2023, 11:15 am
For some reason the pump tank would lose the air cushion and would have to be drained to prevent the pump from cycling far too often.
This is a fault that develops with the well pump design that has no separation between the water and air in the pump tank.

If you have a constant pressure design there is a separation between the two.

So well pumps need draining on a semi regular basis even if there is no leak as the water will gradually absorb the air charge. So draining the tank is one of the first trouble shooting steps.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 1, 2023, 11:33 am

My pump has an air injector that is supposed to replace the air that the water absorbs. Unfortunately it obviously does not replace enough air and the tank sometimes needs to be drained. You can tell when it needs draining by how often the pump cycles.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2023, 1:46 pm

glalt wrote:
January 1, 2023, 11:15 am
These household water pumps have a small water tank and do cycle pretty often. I bought an extra tank with a bladder. It is called a reverse osmosis storage tank. I no longer have to drain the small tank on the pump. That extra tank is about three times bigger than the pump tank. For some reason the pump tank would lose the air cushion and would have to be drained to prevent the pump from cycling far too often.
My original pump developed pin hole leaks. Didn't realize that when I was doing the tank drain and refill regular as clockwork for the last 8 months of its life (before tank replacement). Despite fixing the issue for now, I would suggest sticking a bigger bladder on may be just delaying the inevitable. You are losing pressure somewhere along the line.

Not a criticism and if it works for you that's what matters. I think over the years we each become experts on our own plumbing and electricals and sometimes this helps other members too.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 1, 2023, 5:31 pm

You know over the years, the only touble i have had was once an Hitachi Pump main tank rusted out and once after numerous times of actually running out of water , a Mitsu pump was buggered.

Afte installing tanks and set up the replenishing thereof never had a problem.
never drained the esovoirs, etc, jus changed the p[rssure swich and any other bits. So simple the Mitsubishi Pump 105 installed on the well head some 18 years ago still functions whenever it is required to top up the garden watering tanks . Only need to prime it if t has not been used for a long period of time as the top has dried up and creates and air blockage of the water from the well to the outlet pipe.

I would add that I only ever NOW buy Mitsubishi Pumps, more expensive than others but hell they last as in the case of my well pump !! Glad it is all sorted Tam

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re:Hitachi water pump happy ending.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 20, 2024, 2:18 pm

Some positive feedback re local product n after sales service.

Bought a Hitachi water pump 3 years ago , started making strange noises and dropping in and out so rang Homepro where i bought it and they sent a technician the same day .. he arrived on a big superbike tools in rucksack and this guy named Bum :? knew his stuff , without hesitation said its an electrical fault not motor, or pump n sure enough removing a cover found chewed wires within.. rodents and ants love taking up residency in water pumps and thankfully twas a quick easy repair.
More good news he pointed out because this product carries a 10 yr motor warranty and 5 yr other parts warranty there was just a small call out charge of 200 bt (circa 5 quid)..happy days n slipped him a couple bottles of Belgian beer for his troubles... such is the feel good factor i shall raise a glass of Chang this evening in Accoustic for Homepro and Mr Bum Hitachi man.

Lord only knows what a call out charge would be in Blighty , Europe or the USA nowadays ??..more than a fiver for sure.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “House & Land”