Groundwater Department Maps

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Groundwater Department Maps

Post by Potamoi » October 9, 2022, 9:34 am

With my little business in Nongkhai we need to pay tax on every cubic meter of ground water we pump out. Last week when the auditors came 'round to inspect our meters they showed my wife an app they publish showing the areas of sweet water (in green) with more salty water shown in other colours (sorry my colour blindness and lack of Thai reading skills does me no favours here).

In any case, I thought some of you fellas might benefit from more info on your area before buying/drilling. There are more info like well counts and volumes pulled etc but I dont have the skill set to read through menus but you or your better halves may.

App name is Badan4Thai

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... badan4thai

Sorry Apple users, I don't see it on the App store.

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Groundwater Department Maps

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 9, 2022, 10:50 am

Thanks for the info Mr Potamoi, looking at the map for my area it would explain why one of our two wells has clean water and the other, some 400 metres distant, has Salty water.
The map clearly shows that we sit across a border of the two water sources.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 11:38 am

Yes thanks Mr waterman
Our village is in 2 zones as well
then surrounded by a much salty area

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 11, 2022, 8:07 pm

I suppose this app may help in a number of ways. Certainly knowing if a potential property purchase has crap water and no city plumbing available would be one reason. One fella I know has to haul tankers in to top up his pool.

Sure there are unregistered drillers and wells but they do try to capture as much data as they can. The impromptu audit we had last week was due to a nearby unregistered well location they were investigating. They stopped in to follow up on auditing our new meters while they were nearby.

BTW: the groundwater department are there for the public too. One can ask about areas in person if the app does not answer your question(s). Need to see them anyway to legally permit, drill and register a well even for private household use.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Return to “House & Land”