Cheaper Construction ?

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
can123
udonmap.com

Cheaper Construction ?

Post by can123 » August 1, 2022, 3:36 pm

roof.jpg
This type of construction appears more and more now and it seems to reduce costs by doing away with the need for the conventional roof tiles and the associated steel supporting system. Is it any good, please? I want to build a new bungalow and don't want something which will have serious problems at a later date. I fear it may be prone to wind damage.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Cheaper Construction ?

Post by parrot » August 1, 2022, 3:50 pm

They're becoming more common.....we built a 55sqm bungalow, 1 large bedroom, bathroom/shower, small outdoor kitchen, and extra large sloping overhang over our porch. Total cost was about 325,000. Steel, insulated roof, minimal ceiling insulated bats, q-blocks, hot water heater, labor. It's lasted 7 years thus far and no hints of problems......yet.

There are a few homes in the neighborhood that are in the 1.2m range for a couple of bedrooms, carport, nice interior floors/ceiling. Built by the villagers. I'd be more concerned about the older tin roofed homes flying away than one of the newer models.

can123
udonmap.com

Post by can123 » August 1, 2022, 6:25 pm

Thank you.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 1, 2022, 6:52 pm

Obviously you get what you pay for! The way I see it that structure will not last 3 years knowing the weather we have been subjected to over the 21 years since we built our home.
100 metres down the road we had a 2 story school destroyed.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “House & Land”