Water purifiers, good or bad?

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Re: Water purifiers, good or bad?

Post by NongKhaiLee » January 8, 2022, 10:48 am

I had to find one online that was close and modify the image

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Re: Water purifiers, good or bad?

Post by NongKhaiLee » January 8, 2022, 11:02 am

I have been playing around with the system, I took it outside so i could stay out of the way of the Missus and tinker with it. The only way I can get any kind of real water flow through it is to bypass the RO unit completely and just use the filters and uv lamp.
I tried bypassing the Auto Shut-Off Valve because I believed it could be the problem, but that didn't work. If I hook the RO cylinder and membrane back into the system the pump will not shut off unless the pressure tank is closed. I tested the pressure tank bladder and charged it and it is fine.

I could use the unit with only the filters and uv lamp, after all they sell units that are such, but it discharges quite a bit of water through the spigot with the RO unit bypassed and I worry that the water will not have enough time in the uv lamp unit to properly kill bacteria. I wish I knew about what the flow rate through the uv lamp had to be. (I don't have a device to measure it with anyway though)

There is what appears to be a flow restricting device on the outlet end of the RO unit, I removed that and installed it inline before the uv lamp, that did appear to slow the water production a little but not much.

Not sure what the next step is, but one thing I fear is that our inlet water pressure might be too low for an RO system, we are on city water but have a storage tank and pump, the pump is new and the specs say max pressure is 37psi

Return to “House & Land”