Edging trowel

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Edging trowel

Post by ajarnudon » January 27, 2019, 10:36 pm

Won't be too long before I will be doing a lot of pathways and I will need an edging trowel like the one in the picture. For that matter, I really needed one from Day 1, but haven't been able to locate one in Thailand. Internet searches with sites like Lazada and Aliexpress haven't helped either. A control joint groover would be handy for the pathways as well, but have managed using a diamond saw to date.
edger.jpg
One like this with an upward curved leading edge would be the Rolls Royce model, but think I will be lucky to find a more pedstrian one like the second pic.
FAISGTEDGE11.JPG
Anyone came across one in Thailand? or know how I could otherwise get one? Thanks in advance, John

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Re: Edging trowel

Post by johanthomsen » January 28, 2019, 12:55 am

Why not use ebay?? I did 1 search there and it came up in loads of different models

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 28, 2019, 8:23 am

Tool Pro?
Ring Road east of the Nong Kai turnoff north side of the road

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 28, 2019, 8:40 am

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » January 28, 2019, 9:20 pm

Hi guys, and thanks for the quick response. Vince, I have spent hours searching thru both Lazada and Aliexpress without any luck. Specifically, I need an edging trowel with a downward-curled quarter circle lip longitudinally to give the path edge a rounded profile rather than a right angle which will chip. eBay do have lots of listings, but they all ship from either the UK or US - I was looking for something closer to home. I will send the missus copies of the pics I have posted here and get her to take them to Tool Pro to see what they have. If I can't pick one up in either Udon or BKK, I will get my son to buy one in Oz and post it to me. Thanks again for the help

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 29, 2019, 6:56 am

Have you thought abought getting one made up, ie box section steel cut thoughtfully will give you the profile your after, spot weld that to a conventional trowel.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 29, 2019, 4:33 pm

vincemunday wrote:
January 28, 2019, 8:40 am
Lazada

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.lbAm
Unfortunately that is for sanding rather than shaping concrete.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » January 29, 2019, 5:38 pm

I guess to be technically correct I should have called it an edging float rather than trowel. But I like your idea BRD. I think I have a small section of 15 x 15 cm somewhere (main house posts) that would do the trick - it has a large enough corner radius to do the job (10 x 5 cm radius too small). And a small piece of 12 mm deformed bar would do fine for a handle. Keep you posted. I am amazed that the mainstream BS warehouses don't have them.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 29, 2019, 7:07 pm

I think the problem out here in the sticks as far as l can see when it comes to concreting they don't do neat finishing and there's not alot to work with and no use for a float when laying drives and paths that are only an.inch or two thick. Bangkok may be different.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 29, 2019, 8:04 pm

Do Home has them, very cheap, take a photo on your phone and the staff will have you sorted.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » February 2, 2019, 5:06 pm

Thanks for all the input guys. Following up on a tip, my wife picked one up at Thai Watsadu a couple of days ago. I went there yesterday and got a control joint groover as well. Both 55 baht.

Return to “House & Land”