Cost of building perimemeter

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
gprit
udonmap.com

Cost of building perimemeter

Post by gprit » January 5, 2018, 7:11 pm

I am sure this has been raised before but I cannot find the thread.

Looking to build a perimeter 'wall' using concrete posts and the 'slot in' concrete fillers. Seven to each space between post, and wall is around 70 metres. Land is fairly even and is near Loei.

Anyone have a rough guide price as to cost (incl materials and labour)?
thanks

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: Cost of building perimemeter

Post by Hoopoe » January 6, 2018, 1:08 pm

Hi , i searched around all over the place even going to Khon Kaen ,i finally found a very good company in Udonthani ,they are located off the eastern ring rd , heading away from Udon on the rd near the original global house ,on the ring rd with global house on your right turn right at the traffic lights about 4 kilometers on your left is the building , the name is CPU 0818997327 is the phone number i have for them ,they guarantee their work, there was a problem with my build , they re built it all , 5 year guarantee , the end product i got is more than satifactory ,my wall is 30 meters long x 4 meters high 115,000 bht if that helps on the cost of ,

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » January 10, 2018, 5:34 pm

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » December 20, 2016, 4:50 pm
About 2500bht per/ m.
Depending on height
Mick

I know that Mick used World Concrete in Udon for his pile and plank wall. You can look up this post and contact him from there

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » January 10, 2018, 7:27 pm

Thanks all......seems to be coming in at about 2800 per linear metre for 1.8m high wall with strengtheners against movement on outside of wall.....

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » January 10, 2018, 7:48 pm

Much cheaper if you buy materials and hire local labor. Fair labor price is 300 thb per post - regardless of height. Hire a local JCB (~7,500/day) or small backhoe (~5,000/day) that has the boring attachment (should not cost extra). Then, you only need 2 local laborers. They'd probably be thrilled with just 1,000 each for the whole job. 70 m can be done in a day. 2 days max. The backhoe operator can direct the laborers. That's all you need. Just give him a little extra because the operator, if not the owner, only makes like 500/day.

Order the slot posts and wall planks directly from concrete factory. Try to find a local factory, or buy from the red and white concrete factory in Udon just south of the road to Nongbuamlamphu. Just drive there and ask at one of the Jiffy gas stations for directions (I'm too lazy to provide details at the moment). Factory, not distributor or retailer.

Go 1/3 to 1/2 (suggested) in. So, a 2 m wall needs at least a 3 m post.

Slotted ("I" beams) posts = 525/m
Wall planks (250x35 cm) = 230/m

There are also other considerations such as soil type. I wouldn't put a post-only wall into/on clay soil. Clay moves too much and the wall will show it after a few rain seasons - and nobody - not even reputable companies know jack squat about building a wall to international code.

Cheers!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 10, 2018, 8:19 pm

I don't have a wall around my "compound."
Walls are good now?

El Oh El.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 14, 2018, 9:44 pm

ytrewq wrote:
January 10, 2018, 7:48 pm
Much cheaper if you buy materials and hire local labor. Fair labor price is 300 thb per post - regardless of height. Hire a local JCB (~7,500/day) or small backhoe (~5,000/day) that has the boring attachment (should not cost extra). Then, you only need 2 local laborers. They'd probably be thrilled with just 1,000 each for the whole job. 70 m can be done in a day. 2 days max. The backhoe operator can direct the laborers. That's all you need. Just give him a little extra because the operator, if not the owner, only makes like 500/day.

Order the slot posts and wall planks directly from concrete factory. Try to find a local factory, or buy from the red and white concrete factory in Udon just south of the road to Nongbuamlamphu. Just drive there and ask at one of the Jiffy gas stations for directions (I'm too lazy to provide details at the moment). Factory, not distributor or retailer.

Go 1/3 to 1/2 (suggested) in. So, a 2 m wall needs at least a 3 m post.

Slotted ("I" beams) posts = 525/m
Wall planks (250x35 cm) = 230/m

There are also other considerations such as soil type. I wouldn't put a post-only wall into/on clay soil. Clay moves too much and the wall will show it after a few rain seasons - and nobody - not even reputable companies know jack squat about building a wall to international code.

Cheers!
It's been too long ago when we had our wall built to remember prices. We did contract labor only and we bought all the material ourself. It is concrete blocks and poured posts two meters high. Doing it that way also eliminates them scrimping on material. Our wall is 240 meters around the property so it was worth being careful. Poured posts are more expensive but worthwhile because they poured directly on top of the foundation and tied in with re bar.

Return to “House & Land”