Pool builders

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
ianrodders
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by ianrodders » January 17, 2016, 4:23 am

Hi all
Can anybody recommend a good pool builder around udon Thani looking for around a 9 X 4 metre pool any ideas on the cost of such any info on the pros and cons and what type or chemical versus salt Walter skimmer or filtration etc many thanks for your time
Rodders

ianrodders
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by ianrodders » January 17, 2016, 4:05 pm

sorry guys reading my older post already have some good info from urselves

mickojak
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by mickojak » January 18, 2016, 2:37 pm

Hi Ian,
I have spoken to most pool builders around Udon, (or tried to with limited Thai).
Never really felt comfortable with any of them all though the guy at poolcompany was OK.

I am now getting a quote from the mob that advertise on the top left hand corner of this Udonmap homepage.
He is English and seems to have a lot of experience and has understood everything that I need.

Please keep this thread going with your insights as you move through this.
I'm sure lots of people will be following because a botched pool job would be a real pain and expensive to fix.
Thanks
Mick

papafarang
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by papafarang » January 18, 2016, 2:55 pm

I always fancied a plunge pool 4x3 m, great for the serious hot season. be interesting to know the costs of building/filtration ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by Khun Paul » January 19, 2016, 7:52 am

Not to put a damper on those wishing to spend inordinate amounts of money on a hole in the ground containing water, but years ago while visiting a friend of mine in the States, I asked him why he never had a pool, seeing as he was a millionaire I thought it strange as he lived on the outskirts of Vegas.
His reply was as succinct as it was simple, why would I dig a hole in the ground and pour money and water into ti and then spend thou\sands on its upkeep. When I can visit many of the hotel and for a small fee enjoy a swim and along soak should I wish to, same as a boat, hire it never buy it.
I countered by saying when it is hot as it was that day, a cool dip, so he replied oh you want to me to refrigerate it as well ?.
I took his wise words and never felt the inclination to dig a hole and fill it with water.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by hairyharry » January 19, 2016, 8:15 am

Hmmmm. Nice dream.
Friend had a pool built.
The builders made it one depth - 2 meters - unsafe for kids.
Installed the pump the wrong way round.
Developed leaks within 3 months.
When he went home for a visit, the Thai family turned it into a fish pond and kept ducks on it.
Always a total mess when he returned and was a constant headache.
There are enough pools around, even in the sticks.
Still, as they say: Up to you.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by kopkei » January 19, 2016, 8:54 am

a pool is not so expensive if you are able and have the knowledge to make it yourself with local workers , so you can save 40-75% of the prof pool builders price whom intend (as home builders) to over do it because it is not convenient and better for you but only commercially better for them (logic ) , maintaining a pool is very easy and also inexpensive if you use the good filter and do not make make things too complicated (not using too many chemicals), we are going to build a new home and pool which will be our 4th one...( never have had any problems with any pool before) ..as info ..good luck to all... ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by 747man » January 19, 2016, 2:23 pm

papafarang wrote:I always fancied a plunge pool 4x3 m, great for the serious hot season. be interesting to know the costs of building/filtration ?
I've got a Slightly BIGGER One than You.... :lol: :lol: Cost 8 Years ago 420,000 All in including Imported Pump & Filter ( Australian ) I Did have a problem with the pump ( It Broke ) & I Had to replace it @ 100,000 Baht.....If you do get one built, Make SURE you Chlorinate it & Also add Algeacide on a regular Basis....

kopkei
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by kopkei » January 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

100.000 baht to replace a pump ?, my goodness , some people really have no knowledge of prices in los ,and never compare with your home country , my hayward de filter was 27.000 baht and hayward pump 1 HP , 17.000 baht ,
i did get a fair price, according to a shop on the ring road whom asked 35.000 baht for the same pump including discount 25% :lol: (thiefs) , so only one advice to all whom start building .. before you start make sure you have done your own research surely whats pricing concerned (in los) or you end up paying way to much ...but if you do not know anyway you will be probably always happy? ....the choice is yours... and again ..never ever compare prices with prices abroad...
as info ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by 747man » January 19, 2016, 6:07 pm

kopkei wrote:100.000 baht to replace a pump ?, my goodness , some people really have no knowledge of prices in los ,and never compare with your home country , my hayward de filter was 27.000 baht and hayward pump 1 HP , 17.000 baht ,
i did get a fair price, according to a shop on the ring road whom asked 35.000 baht for the same pump including discount 25% :lol: (thiefs) , so only one advice to all whom start building .. before you start make sure you have done your own research surely whats pricing concerned (in los) or you end up paying way to much ...but if you do not know anyway you will be probably always happy? ....the choice is yours... and again ..never ever compare prices with prices abroad...
as info ;)
Yeah,I Thought I got Ripped Off buying the NEW Pump & Filter But I Had NO Choice as it broke down whilst we were back in the U.K & Was fitted WITHOUT Us being here.....Well you win some & Lose some....I Know I LOST on this occassion.... :( :( :(

charly66
udonmap.com

Pool builders

Post by charly66 » January 19, 2016, 9:28 pm

A picture says more than a thousand words.
Peterpool Co Ltd, Udon
Attachments
Gallery pool-55.jpg

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Re: Pool builders

Post by Alanthebuilder » November 28, 2018, 5:52 am

https://www.ignitepools.com/
These guys are based in Surin
We have done 3 projects together now all good .
Pool company owner Paul .
Good guarantees and very strong pools .

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 28, 2018, 9:21 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 19, 2016, 7:52 am
Not to put a damper on those wishing to spend inordinate amounts of money on a hole in the ground containing water, but years ago while visiting a friend of mine in the States, I asked him why he never had a pool, seeing as he was a millionaire I thought it strange as he lived on the outskirts of Vegas.
His reply was as succinct as it was simple, why would I dig a hole in the ground and pour money and water into ti and then spend thou\sands on its upkeep. When I can visit many of the hotel and for a small fee enjoy a swim and along soak should I wish to, same as a boat, hire it never buy it.
I countered by saying when it is hot as it was that day, a cool dip, so he replied oh you want to me to refrigerate it as well ?.
I took his wise words and never felt the inclination to dig a hole and fill it with water.
Another tip of how not to waste money been don't put butter on your toast when your going to use jam.i have a 100sqm pool and jacuzzi and its upkeep is 1,500baht a month.i clean it twice a week and is easier than cutting my grass.if I had your friends mentality I would be living in a bedsit and riding around on a bicycle and bragging im a millionaire.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 28, 2018, 10:19 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 19, 2016, 7:52 am
Some people actually enjoy them. While I understand your perspective, there are those who believe that we earn money for the express purpose of spending it on things we like and enjoy.

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » November 28, 2018, 7:50 pm

Pools cost money to run and maintenance for sure .
But if you have $$$$ why not spend .

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

prady1943

Post by prady1943 » November 29, 2018, 7:08 am

A few people really appreciate them. While I comprehend your point of view, there are the individuals who trust that we acquire cash for the express motivation behind spending it on things we like and enjoy.Stay revived this late spring in the cool water of your swimming pools. This over the ground summer evades swimming pool is the best alternative to make the most of your mid year occasions with your family and companions. Shop for substitution Above ground pool siphon parts at an astonishing cost just on Polygroup store.

ali30

Post by ali30 » January 10, 2019, 2:25 pm

kopkei wrote:
January 19, 2016, 8:54 am
a pool is not so expensive if you are able and have the knowledge to make it yourself with local workers , so you can save 40-75% of the prof pool builders price whom intend (as home builders) to over do it because it is not convenient and better for you but only commercially better for them (logic ) , maintaining a pool is very easy and also inexpensive if you use the good filter and do not make make things too complicated (not using too many chemicals), we are going to build a new home and pool which will be our 4th one...( never have had any problems with any pool before) ..as info ..good luck to all... ;)
Yes, you are totally right. I have also build a pool on my own with a few of the workers. If you have done some research on it like the material you want to use, the devices you want to install etc. This will really reduce the cost by a huge margin. \:D/

akash30

Post by akash30 » January 10, 2019, 2:32 pm

I want a swimming pool at my home. I want to a swimming pool builder. He has given me some list of the stuff that is needed to build it. The overall cost for building the swimming pool is between $90,000 to $1,00,000. It seems they are taking huge amount. What to do now?

Suphsaen

Post by Suphsaen » May 11, 2019, 4:09 pm

$$ or Baht ??
What size are you looking for?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 11, 2019, 5:04 pm

akash30 wrote:
January 10, 2019, 2:32 pm
I want a swimming pool at my home. I want to a swimming pool builder. He has given me some list of the stuff that is needed to build it. The overall cost for building the swimming pool is between $90,000 to $1,00,000. It seems they are taking huge amount. What to do now?
Mine is 5x3 Metres & Total Cost including the Pump House & Pump was 450,000 BAHT If That helps....

Return to “House & Land”