Tiller Hire

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
pomps
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by pomps » November 20, 2015, 5:54 pm

LOL coxo but think he is an american :D 8)

JohnG
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by JohnG » November 20, 2015, 9:49 pm

pomps wrote:LOL coxo but think he is an american :D 8)
Possibly, but not by birth ... unless it was somewhere in South America.

I think coxo's a bit wide of the mark with 'hi-caste', though. The Baluch clerks I had working for me in the Gulf wrote similar stilted English.

Mark72

Tiller Hire

Post by Mark72 » November 21, 2015, 4:06 am

Hi JR, we are at private park, near big C. We are in no rush and slowly turning the so-called soil but if there is a small tiller available it would be handy. For all the others who have offered advise, thank you and apologies for causing such a stir. The plan was to do it myself rather than have local labor.

wazza
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by wazza » November 21, 2015, 7:34 am

Peasants wouldnt order takeaways in restaurants that delivery as they have no GPS coordinates in the Boonies.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by redwolf » November 21, 2015, 9:47 pm

wazza wrote:Peasants wouldnt order takeaways in restaurants that deliver as they have no GPS coordinates in the Boonies.
INFERENCE duly noted.

RETORT FOLLOWS:

ALL: I'm not Waanjai. Ask around. Anyone got any issues drop me a line, PLENTY of people in town willing to speak up for me. Any issues, REPORT them.

Just because you guys disagree with the well off-topic statements made by waanjai about a TILLER HIRE doesn't mean you have to denigrate my wife's restaurant by way of SLY inferences.

Waanjai, how about looking at the other side of the coin?

FACT: Peasant is viewed as derogatory and that's that. No citation needed. It's common sense.

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

JohnG
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by JohnG » November 21, 2015, 9:57 pm

Now's not the ideal time as most of the peasantry are busy gathering rice for the local squire, but although I barely know Udon you may not find too many round Big 'C'! If you go outside the town a little bit, though, you should find some serf who'll be happy to help, if the lord of the manor will let him out, but its hardly worth trying to hire a Kubota and doing it yourself even if someone was willing to lend you one. Just ask anyone working in the fields and try your luck.

When I needed help with re-building my retaining wall I simply asked a neighbour for help and had plenty of willing helpers happy to work for a few groats a day, but that wasn't in peak rice harvesting time. I actually paid 350 baht a day for a day's hard work, heavy digging and shifting 3m long heavy cast concrete panels, with no meals / transport as they all lived locally, plus water and the occasional ice creams, and they were all quite happy to work all day for that.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by waanjai » November 21, 2015, 10:09 pm

redwolf wrote:Waanjai, how about looking at the other side of the coin?
This topic was closed for me since it became clear that the word peasant has different meanings for the people in different parts of the world.
In Europe, Asia and Latin America it is still widely used and describes certain members of the agricultural labourforce. Not negatively.
This seems to be different in North America and Australia. They seem to use the word for a different category of persons they seem to have plenty of.
So it is only good that You are willing to look at both sides of the coin. And bye.

wazza
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by wazza » November 22, 2015, 7:25 am

wazza wrote:Peasants wouldnt order takeaways in restaurants that delivery as they have no GPS coordinates in the Boonies.
Excuse me, but referring to KFC, McD's , MK, Swensens, Pizza Hut and all the other Fast Food chains , that deliver,

Their bike riders, use google maps and Rural Villagers wouldn't ever call them for a delivery.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by redwolf » November 22, 2015, 7:43 am

Sorry, not trying to punk on your clarification Wazza, but I politely ask,-how's GPS & rural delivery relevant to any of the prior posts in the thread. You mean, fast food delivered to the boonies all the time, so, obviously it's no longer the peasantry?

And for the record to any concerned, one more time, I'm NOT waanjai or any other ID out there stirring trouble.

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

JohnG
udonmap.com

Tiller Hire

Post by JohnG » November 22, 2015, 10:55 pm

waanjai wrote: This topic was closed for me since it became clear that the word peasant has different meanings for the people in different parts of the world.
In Europe, Asia and Latin America it is still widely used and describes certain members of the agricultural labourforce. Not negatively.
This seems to be different in North America and Australia. ...
Utter rubbish. The word "peasant" is English. It has exactly the same perjorative connotations in all English speaking countries and has had for over a century or more. The only countries speaking English as their native language in Europe, Asia and Latin America are the UK, British colonies and protectorates such as the Falklands, and Ireland. Try calling a farm worker a peasant there and you'll learn just how wrong you are very quickly.

Return to “House & Land”