Crazy land prices.

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Crazy land prices.

Post by Sakhonnick » May 22, 2014, 9:13 am

maybe buying a small shoe box style (not enough room to swing a cat ) Not that i have ever swung a cat, studio apartment across from UD town was not a bad idea after all :razz:

parrot
udonmap.com

Crazy land prices.

Post by parrot » May 22, 2014, 12:54 pm

The government is investing a chunk of change in the Industrial Park in Udon....betting on electronic, vehicle parts, and rubber industries heading this way.

http://61.19.244.31/centerweb/news/News ... 5150010024

Earnest
udonmap.com

Crazy land prices.

Post by Earnest » May 22, 2014, 1:00 pm

Whereabouts is it, roughly?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Crazy land prices.

Post by Prenders88 » May 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

I ran the blurb through Google Translate.

Mr Chai Weerapong to the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand, said the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand. Signed a project agreement with the city's industrial estates Udon Thani limited in the estates. Co- operation with EA-T has 2,219 acres, this estate is that 56 of the country's 16 provinces and an investment of 2,900 million baht project is expected to cause a total investment of not less than 74,000 . million baht to hire at least 16,900 people as the estates to accommodate the electronics industry. Automotive Parts Parts for electrical appliances Because the rubber industry The first phase is expected to be developed by the year 2558 to support the ASEAN Economic Community , or AEC , which will link to Udon Thani province as well as neighboring estates , this is one of the three estates that granting it. offer is open to private estates filed . And recruited in spatial and cluster by the two estates is B. Naga Clean Power B. Park, Nong Khai and Nakhon Ratchasima to the energy industry, has signed on.
Mr. SLC Industrial city of Udon Thani , Managing Director , said currently underway to improve the access road for the development of a new industrial estate settlement areas . The development is divided into two phases, the first phase of 990 acres , which is to be considered the Environmental Impact Assessment or EIA to be completed by Nov Currently, there are investors from Japan and China would like to see. some areas , however, the political problems that will not affect the long-term development projects . The project has the potential Los logistics . The Airport 300-400 acres so space is an area distribution center.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

parrot
udonmap.com

Crazy land prices.

Post by parrot » May 22, 2014, 2:49 pm

As you're heading south on the Udon-KK hwy, it's off to the left.......not sure exactly how far from the ring road, but I'm guessing about 10km from the ring. The area is off the highway, closer to the railway tracks

rct
udonmap.com

Re: Crazy land prices.

Post by rct » November 1, 2021, 4:42 am

Time to revive and update this discussion?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2021, 6:44 am

At the moment according to a friend of mine looking to purchase land, it is a buyers market but you have to haggle with the sellers who always set unreasonable prices

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 1, 2021, 8:18 am

Indeed .. with the current situation with covid and the economy it seems to be a buyers market KP ... its just a case of finding the right parcel of land that suits ones requirements and making an offer to test the water .. depends on how desperate the vendor is to sell.. with the amount of plots listed with real.estate agents along with those privately signed for sale there are plenty to cast an eye over.

IMO set a budget to buy a plot n stick to it .. recently a plot up for sale in Nadee at 800k was sold for 500k .. of course there are however some vendors still asking silly prices despite the economic situation...who simply wont except any offers.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 1, 2021, 4:32 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
June 15, 2013, 7:45 pm
hmmm... "an area which is considered to be flood-free". I reckon that depends on where the region is in relation to its known cycle of drought and floods... Udon has had some pretty bad floods over the years albeit nothing like the 50 year topper Bangkok got back in 2011.. I knew Thais whose homes had 2 meters plus of water for nearly 2 months.. They lost nearly everything....
I well remember that flood. I lived just north of Bangkok. Our village had a canal that drained the village. The government closed the flood gate and the village flooded. It became a game, the locals would open the gate and the government would close it. One dark night the locals took a generator and welder there and firmly welded the steel gate open. The village drained.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 4, 2021, 12:55 am

glalt wrote:
November 1, 2021, 4:32 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
June 15, 2013, 7:45 pm
hmmm... "an area which is considered to be flood-free". I reckon that depends on where the region is in relation to its known cycle of drought and floods... Udon has had some pretty bad floods over the years albeit nothing like the 50 year topper Bangkok got back in 2011.. I knew Thais whose homes had 2 meters plus of water for nearly 2 months.. They lost nearly everything....
I well remember that flood. I lived just north of Bangkok. Our village had a canal that drained the village. The government closed the flood gate and the village flooded. It became a game, the locals would open the gate and the government would close it. One dark night the locals took a generator and welder there and firmly welded the steel gate open. The village drained.
I was working in Bangkok at the time. I flew to Surat Thani to check on field operations as they had been wiped out earlier in the year by their own catastrophic, unseasonal flooding. When I returned to my apartment on the arse-end of Sukhmvit, the residents parking garage was jammed with cars and my spot was taken. They were all high-end Bimmers, Mercs and the like. Apparently the four guys that worked shifts as valet and security had been bribed by hi-so's. It took a few days to re-arrange things so residents could get in and out but non of the non-residents had to remove their cars completely.

I remember taking Mrs tam to Don Mueang one evening for her flight home to Udon which turned out to be the last flight to anywhere for a few weeks. As I drove out of parking onto the feeder, the flood water was already 50 m north of the parking exit. The airport was flooded overnight and closed the next day. I remember all the elevated highways were used as parking lots too.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 9, 2021, 11:43 am

CRAZY LAND

Twood seem theres been a twist in the tale of the 26 rai of prime land on the RR/AP intersection behind the building where im located .. Originally listed at 54 mil .. a local Thai made an offer which was first agreed then rejected as the owner decided she wanted 70 mil ..

Recently it was confirmed this land was sold for 104 mil but something strange is happening as the whole 26 rai is now filled leveled and it is being planted up with Tammarine / Makharm trees ...

it would ov been great to have a PTT there but a nice forest for my dogs is just as good.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 10, 2021, 7:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 9, 2021, 11:43 am
CRAZY LAND

Twood seem theres been a twist in the tale of the 26 rai of prime land on the RR/AP intersection behind the building where im located .. Originally listed at 54 mil .. a local Thai made an offer which was first agreed then rejected as the owner decided she wanted 70 mil ..

Recently it was confirmed this land was sold for 104 mil but something strange is happening as the whole 26 rai is now filled leveled and it is being planted up with Tammarine / Makharm trees ...

it would ov been great to have a PTT there but a nice forest for my dogs is just as good.

DM
Doggy walking goss with the guys filling the land this morning.. land mentioned in previous post above was recently sold and the obviously WEALTHY new owners bought it with some loose change they found down the sofa as quote NidNoi money for them :shock: .. sold for between 70-80 mil .. bought as an investment nothing planned so cleared it filled it and planted Tamarine saplings to re sell in future for 150 mil plus maybe only 2 years land price will double ..this according to the boss man who wanted to buy my Jack Russell !!.

Crazy or not ???

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 10, 2021, 7:47 am

Not really, Thais use the land as a hedge against many things, the cost of the loan if land is put into a bank is so damn cheap that owning land is a sensible option. When you consider the land bought for peanuts made the owners over 600 mill when they sold the Lumpini Condo site in Udon. and at any time is an investment and they complain about us OWNING LAND ....HAH !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2021, 5:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 9, 2021, 11:43 am
CRAZY LAND

DM
Tax mitigation. The new owner has bought a bigger taxable liability while he maybe tries to find money for whatever was planned for that whopping 26 rai plot? Planting stuff on it means the land is being used and my understanding it attracts a lower tax grab from the land office than lying empty? It's been a few years since the government said they were going after the land speculators by enforcing the laws where you either paid taxes based on use or risk a compulsory purchase or forced auction. Use it or lose it.

I have noticed some 'prime' 1 or 2 rai plots around Nong Lek and the east ring road that after decades of lying empty, have had the trees chopped down, the soil turned over then planted with various greenery complete with irrigation.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 14, 2021, 10:59 am

yes, tax assessment on "undeveloped" land valued at over 50 million baht is higher than "developed" land. We've several large plots near our house that are now banana plantations to avoid that "undeveloped" tax. A friend of ours has 7 rai of "undeveloped" land near us that was taxed this year for around 1800 baht. she was told next year it will be around 10,000 baht and each subsequent year rise. All to avoid land speculation supposedly. Of course, doing it up agriculturally meets the development standards so a relatviely easy dodge. I've no idea if the tax office sends an inspector down to ensure the land is actually developed.
Dave

Return to “House & Land”