Wall Brackets

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Chriss
udonmap.com

Wall Brackets

Post by Chriss » November 17, 2021, 10:20 am

Has anyone hung a TV on a concrete brick wall and if so are the bolts that come with the wall bracket good enough for the job?

I’ve hung a couple of TV’s on solid brick walls but the concrete brick having a cavity concerns me with the weight of a 55inch TV.

Any experiences….

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Wall Brackets

Post by Khun Paul » November 17, 2021, 10:50 am

Okay over the years have hung various things on a wall, the screws provided in my mind are never accptable and far too small. There are cavity wall plugs but even then would use a wooden baton coming up from the floor and anchor that to the wall and then hang the item off the batons.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 17, 2021, 11:23 am

just my 2 bobs worth Criss , i,m no DIYer but i bought a new 59inch for the lounge and wanted to put the old 44inch on the bedroom wall. first the old 44 was much heavier than the new 59 , technology must be getting lighter ,
i bought a tv wall bracket off Lazada only about 199 baht and it came with everything even a built-in spirit level to get it spot on and the raw plugs were easy to fit and easy strong enough its been up now around 6 months with no probs ...

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 17, 2021, 12:52 pm

timmy wrote:
November 17, 2021, 11:23 am
just my 2 bobs worth Criss , i,m no DIYer but i bought a new 59inch for the lounge and wanted to put the old 44inch on the bedroom wall. first the old 44 was much heavier than the new 59 , technology must be getting lighter ,
i bought a tv wall bracket off Lazada only about 199 baht and it came with everything even a built-in spirit level to get it spot on and the raw plugs were easy to fit and easy strong enough its been up now around 6 months with no probs ...
Thanks Timmy, I bought the wall bracket from Lazada as well, a tad more expensive at 1,200 bht, the same unit as the 2 I've previously put up, as yours, it came with all necessary parts. Can I take it your wall is concrete block with a cavity.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 17, 2021, 3:16 pm

Chriss wrote:
November 17, 2021, 12:52 pm
timmy wrote:
Thanks Timmy, I bought the wall bracket from Lazada as well, a tad more expensive at 1,200 bht, the same unit as the 2 I've previously put up, as yours, it came with all necessary parts. Can I take it your wall is concrete block with a cavity.
yes matey , just the same ... to be honest when i was buying the wall bracket i was thinking it would all come crashing down on hanging the tv on it , but once screwed on the wall you can see its never going to move ..

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 17, 2021, 3:43 pm

timmy wrote:
November 17, 2021, 3:16 pm
Chriss wrote:
November 17, 2021, 12:52 pm
timmy wrote:
yes matey , just the same ... to be honest when i was buying the wall bracket i was thinking it would all come crashing down on hanging the tv on it , but once screwed on the wall you can see its never going to move ..
Thank you sir, I feel better about finishing the job now.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 1, 2021, 7:40 pm

I mounted a safe on a bedroom wall. It isn't that heavy but I didn't want anyone to pry it off the wall and walk off with it. I drilled through both sides of the wall and used carriage bolts on the opposite side with the nuts inside the safe.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » December 12, 2021, 5:27 pm

Well, I installed the bracket, finally finished the electrics and hung the TV.... don't think it's going anywhere soon, seems as stable as the TV 's on full brick walls. Don't know what I was worrying about... Now to buy some comfy recliners...

Return to “House & Land”