Bank Interest rates in Thialand

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 7, 2014, 4:22 pm

There are 2 types of fixed interest deposits - regular ones (usually in multiples of 3 months) and special offers (odd amounts such as 4, 7, 11, 14 months). Special offers may not be on the internet. Regular rates are much lower, usually under 2 per cent.

novo58
udonmap.com

Post by novo58 » September 15, 2014, 2:36 pm

settled for 2.5% for 6mths term with Bangkok Bank.

But had to close previous account , open a new account then transfer the money into new account .

Seems that it is too hard to simply renew the existing account at the new term and interest rate.
FYI .....the old account had reached maturity ( by 1 day ...as it matured on a sunday and I went to bank on Monday) and they automatically re-newed the old account but at 1.1% interest.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » November 22, 2015, 12:16 am

Deacz9 wrote:
samuel wrote:
Deacz9 wrote:So what Samuel is suggesting is that Nong Khai will accept that money in fixed term acc and Udon does not, is this true?? Can anyone confirm this?
Pleas don't misinterpret me.
I wasn't suggesting anything. I only said that in MY case udon thani Immigration did not accept a fixed account for extending my visa (based on marriage).
This does not mean that in other cases they don't accept it too.
TIT as you all know already.
best way > go to UD immi and ask.
Sorry Samuel! My fraustrations getting the better of me! At least you give your personal experience rather than hearsay ! This is what we need, not like the rumour mongers on TV website. We need clarity on rules like this, and if they are implemented differently in different areas!
3.5% or whatever you can get on 800k is quite a lot of money to just give to the bank (and it can buy alot of beers :D ) I thought most? visa renewals, (maybe not retirement??) you have to show the money in an account for 3 months, so 9month fixed is the max in this case?.
Anyone else have personal experience of having gained or refused visa ext with fixed int savings?
A friend recently renewed his extension regarding retirement,using his monies in a fixed account with scb and accepted for the renewal,going back next month for the renewal under the consideration stamp,no extra funds paid to speed up the process.Used same procedure last year re fixed account 8) And as mentioned fixed account must be started in plenty of time before renewal due otherwise no doubt they will cause a fuss even though they can see it is your money just reinvested 8)

jingjai
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Interest rates in Thialand

Post by jingjai » November 28, 2016, 3:37 pm

There hasn't been posts on this thread for over a year...
Anyone have any current interest rates for fixed accounts, any bank, minimum deposit 200K THB?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 28, 2016, 4:23 pm

davecryan wrote:
samuel wrote:
novo58 wrote:What Term ?
As far as I am concerned, udon thani immigration does not accept fixed accounts with higher interest rates for the extention of the visa.
only normal saving accounts are accepted.
[-X

Sorry......wrong

I have been using Fixed Term Accounts for Retirement Extension for 6 years at least at Nong Khai. :D :D
Hy Guys , but ive been using high rate fixed term accounts at Udon Immigration for marriage ext for 9 years now no problems only when the idiot bank wrote down the wrong account number then wrong sort code in the letter i had to go back 3 times ,pulled out of that bank as soon as the fixed term matured , been withSCB ever since ,

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 28, 2016, 7:48 pm

jingjai wrote:Anyone have any current interest rates for fixed accounts, any bank, minimum deposit 200K THB?
as stated today at kasikorn ebanking:
28.11.png
it seems as there was no change since january 9, 2016.

boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » November 29, 2016, 1:51 pm

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”