Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand

Post by vlad » September 20, 2009, 3:48 pm

I have nothing against Udon Jacksprat in fact i have many friends there and at sometime i will visit my gripe is with the scammers, thiev's and lowlife thais that would rather scam people like me. And people that are in denial that they live in paradise.maybe you should get out more. As for posting negative Post's that jet ski scam and all the other scams aimed at tourists would not have recieved as much publicity to force the governor to act against the scammers. Have you ever left the safety of Bandung.As for slagging me off saying inflamotary remaks against me ie suggesting I am a masochist and your belief that I have a deep rooted dislike for thailand and its people is slagging in my book. Arjay I am a believer in exposing scams be it in phuket or udon thani just because its an udon thani site is irrelevent when anything of importance happens in udon post it like Fawn said when udon has been discussed for 5 mins what else can you post in here exept maybe the price of a good dog groomer in down town udon. Look at the last few weeks of post's Arjay do you see anything of interest happening in utopia like jacksprat seems to think it is. Notice you didn't answear my post about the head of the tourist police be it in udon, pattyya, or phuket Jack telling us that curruption is controled by higher people. Would the members of udonmap have heare'd about this Arjay if it wasn't for Big Trouble in TT i think not. After all its not the publicity the authoroties want you to know about.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 20, 2009, 4:21 pm

You have a very vivid imagination vlad.

At no stage have I:

- denied there are scams (and plenty of them) occurring in Thailand

- stated or suggested Thailand was Utopia, or even close to it

- stated or suggested that you have a deep rooted dislike of Thai people.

BTW, I am not the only one who has asked why you keep posting here - cast your mind back to this thread (and particularly Roy's excellent post):

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... 14212.html

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 20, 2009, 4:32 pm

vlad, keep posting mate everyone has their input which makes this forum great. We do not all agree all the time, but in the long term it works out O.K. Jack is right to question you on some aspects of your post's as you say how much you can't take any more of the sh@t in this Country, and on the flip side when I read your post's I detect an underlying affiliation with everything Thailand. I suspect that you have a love like many of us, but can't stand the rejection you receive on occasion , but where in the World will you go where this doesn't exist ?? Remember at all times that you are in SE Asia and therefore about 100 years behind the 8 ball. It's true the Thai's generally love your money and not you , but can you name another Country that is different in this region, or even your beloved Spain or Greece. Many of the guys on this Forum live in Thailand FULL TIME and know much more than us visitors, and I've been to Thailand 32 times since 1999 and have been married to a local since April 2005. In my experience you just never stop learning, and I guess that's part of the Journey. And on the other hand, Jack...... F@ck up :D just my opinion 8-[

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 20, 2009, 4:59 pm

Fawn wrote:Gosh, then there's little point in having the other forums or sub forums that comprise this website. For example, no 'Thai news' forum, no 'relationships', no 'world sports' and no 'regional forums'. Even the sub forum that parents this thread would be classified as just Udonthani video clips.

Of course, we'd have nothing more to post once we'd all discussed Udon and then the posters would drift away, followed by the sponsors....

Maybe we could have one large forum called 'general topics on Udonthani' and do away with the rest?
Agree........if something is posted in the correct forum section then whats the problem, thats what the forums are for...if members only want to read about Udon then just browse Udon Related stuff....its simple when you know how it really is,just click on the 'Udon Forum' and it will only show Udon topics.
Non Udon stuff brings in other readers/members...more traffic so it makes sense, we want more posters posting things and not less.....Udon is not cut off from the rest of the world its part of it.

the vids and disscussion are regarding Thailand...in the Thailand video section...!!!! Vlad has strong opinions about the video and Phuket in General, he is sharing his thoughts, no rules against that, if no one had opinions about anything we would probably curl up and die on here..... :dead:
keep the forum alive.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » September 20, 2009, 8:50 pm

udonploi wrote:To barstool:

Q: what did he do and how do you know this for sure?can you proof this?
Because he told me a few years ago. I am not sure as to the degree of unwelcomeness, though,

5. You said JJ is intelligent ?he is not ,
having engaged in conversation with him, I, and others, formed an opinion that he was an intelligent individual, although is prone to make strange decisions!!

6.For those who feel too much [enough is enough I agree] ripped off in Thailand why don't you go home to what ever country you came from.You do not have too live here when you do not want to.
Totally agree; that's why I left Phuket for Isaan .. best decision we ever made

Amsterdam; arguably my favourite city, I was there for the Leftfield concert, my ears are still hurting :D

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 21, 2009, 2:14 pm

Thanks Beermonkey don't know why jacksprat is raking up old news from monthe's ago, who care's if people dont like me, i won't lose sleep jacksprat. But as i said earlier any scams that affect tourists be it in the major resorts or udon should be reported and posted, because otherwise people will not know because the thai authorities will not disclose them because there on the take somewhere. And there mindset is never blame the hard working thai trying to feed his family always blame the tourist and falangs. Even though the scams are real and prooven. Above all else this is what I dont like about thailand. That jet ski scammer jj is in court on wendsday on charge's of threatening with malice and extorcian and brandishing a firearm lets see how thai justice deals with him, as this will be the barometer of how they will be seen to crackdown on scammers.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 21, 2009, 2:20 pm

I guess JJ will probably deny threatening anyone with the gun and will say that it was a staged event that he was acting out for the video.Which will fit the story that the people producing the video were doing so to discredit Thailand.THAT JJ was just another Thai being taken advantage of by the falangs! :roll:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 21, 2009, 2:21 pm

he'll be convicted with the book thrown at him, with lots of press, then on appeal, all charges dropped, or sentence/fine suspended, with no news about it. :shock: :lol: 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 21, 2009, 2:33 pm

having skimmed through many of the replies, what amazes me is the fact that the Thai Govt is now complaining about the country being shown in a bad light to the rest of the world.

If corruption is endemic ( which it is) and if the powers that be, have turned a blind eye to what is obviously tourist targeted scams ( which they have), then the resulting upset Thai Govt is acting the only way it can.
However they must believe that we ( the expats and tourists alike) are gullibel fools ( which we are not), so they hope to educate everyone else who is not Thai that in fact Thailand is corruption free and Tourists are treated the same as everyone else.

It appears to me that they are afraid of the truth getting out and will do everything to stop it being broadcasted around the world. That is the great shame, and it shows us more what Thailand is about and why it is in the state it is.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 21, 2009, 2:40 pm

Khun Paul wrote:having skimmed through many of the replies......
IMO,You got this absolutely right! Land of Denial!

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 21, 2009, 3:33 pm

remind you of anyplace else, myanmar, laos, indonesia, iran, cambodia, saddam and now USA install iraq, military juntas with tight fisted control. no more, no less, with propped up PM and democratic rule...........well, the front door anyway, and the back door open to corruption, awarding of gov't contract to political connections (cheney/haliburton)......hmm. and the spin machine if full force, gov't controlled tv for 3rd world countries, i don't consider thailand a developing country, was ok when 97 constitution, but the last coup, was a major step backward, with new military constitution. the spin machine for the western world, oh, that's called murdoch entertainment news........hmm. not quite sure which is better, the educated being led around like sheep, or the ignorant believing every thing they are told here. :-k :-k :-k :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 21, 2009, 5:13 pm

remind you of any place else, Myanmar, Laos, Indonesia, Iran, Cambodia......

Thats as maybe, foreigners putting in undemocratic govts and the like, however in THIS country, no foreigners put anyone in, Thais have done it all by themselves and they still can't get it right, so the correlation between an Govt installed and one supposedly voted is immense.
Thailand has problems we who live here know that, what the bottom line is, that Thailand complains when found out to be doing something wrong, whether it has to do with Immigration, refugees, Tourist scams or whatever, what Thailand does NOT do is to address the problems as the status quo is easier than sorting out the problems and by their reckoning, tourists will still come whatever, so many come and so few of them are upset, therefore it doesn't really matter.
it is that attitude that will eventually cost them dearly.
Those who desire to live here deal with this and other things and in many cases have found ways to circumnavigate their negativity, but tourists have to deal with it then and there.

Sooner or later it WILL change but maybe not in my lifetime , that is sad for the average Thai person who basically is a good person, their country is being led down a path or national denial of all things bad.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 21, 2009, 11:19 pm

Could't agree with you more BKKstan that is what annoys me more than anything. Up in udon your more or less free from the tourist scams although you will have to watch as the tourist numbers drop. i believe for the forthcomeing high season tourist numbers are well down particulery on samui, people are staying away in droves yet the TOT have not grasped why there still thinking large numbers will turn up but im afraid there in for a shock. As laphanphon says its a shame for the normal thai who needs to make cash while the sun shine's its just a pity there gov't will let them down badly again because they will not take warnings or accept critizism. And when they do ask questions there just fobbed off with propaganda. Someone must have had a word with thai visa because the thread has been pulled now.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 22, 2009, 7:44 am

it the exchange rate for one also many people remember about the airport incident and red & yellow shirts clashing with each fear of getting caught in the middle of country who lost control of it citizens there
only concern is about the baht they fear they might make enough money before they are kicked out of office.
I do not read newspapers but I am happy to hear that Thailand is getting bad press about there scams & corruption with in the Police Department also the world is in a bad economy now which does play a vital role

dee
udonmap.com

Post by dee » September 22, 2009, 1:47 pm

can anyone tell me.has the program finished.ive had a look on you tube,but nothing as ov yet.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2009, 2:35 pm

I do not know but just maybe the Thais are attempting to ban anyone seeing it in Thailand, but in truth I don't have the foggiest idea.

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » September 22, 2009, 5:52 pm

The program was on again last night in the UK.And it's showing Thailand in it's true colours.
Well done to the production team who leave at the moment no stone unturned =D>

dee
udonmap.com

Post by dee » September 22, 2009, 5:59 pm

ive have found it on you-tube.some bloke from london got 50 years for drug dealing!!! funny L/B from bangkok.

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » September 22, 2009, 6:49 pm

^ Ep 3 available now, have to say the trouble and strife wasn't amused when she saw it.
Why Foreigners love to speak badly about Thailand ? Its the same every country.
I reminded her we have been in 8 countries on previous holidays, did we strike any scams at all.? she wouldn't answer because the answer was no

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 22, 2009, 9:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgHo3-ie ... re=related

all episodes.

-----------------------

One episode featured that young lad (Dads name..Mark Veraswammy) that got caught scamming ATM machines in phuket early 2008....still in the monkey house......
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”