Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: 1550+ environmentalists arrested in a Dutch protest

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2023, 2:16 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 31, 2023, 1:09 pm
Forgot the link

https://understandsolar.com/solar-energy-vs-coal/
Construction costs alone are not a determinant factor, it is the whole of life costs. Nuclear is by far the most expensive while solar and wind are the least expensive. Whole of life costs for coal and gas is high.

https://galooli.com/blog/which-renewabl ... ery%20year.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 31, 2023, 3:53 pm

Sure wish you would make your mind up on what you want to discuss Your lead off indicated that you want to discuss cost of erection of the facilities and not the long term running

"Coal is the easiest to deal with for energy production, it is cheaper to BUILD a solar or wind farm than to BUILD a coal power station of similar output"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2023, 4:11 pm

Doodoo, I said it was cheaper to build solar and wind I did not say the construction costs were cheaper.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 31, 2023, 4:49 pm

Build is a synonym of construct.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2023, 5:12 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 31, 2023, 4:49 pm
Build is a synonym of construct.
I am perfectly happy with what I posted. If you chose to interpret that another way, up to you.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 1, 2023, 12:48 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 31, 2023, 8:36 am
You seem to be confused, pipo, not to mention condescending.

My posts on this thread have consistently been about the protesters, and their right to protest. They appear to have a particular view on the negative effects of the fossil fuel industry on the world's climate, and the impact that is having right now, and even more so into the future, ie when you and I won't be around to worry about it.

I am a bit more pragmatic, and recognise that fossil fuels will be required in the short term, but hopefully on a quickly diminishing scale. And recognising that gas is the lesser of 2 evils, I would hope that oil exploration is wound down pretty quickly.
No Jack, not condescending, just a realist pointing out that we (many of us) live in the present and not the future and that there are a very significant number of people whose livelihoods depend on the Fossil Fuel industry, given their varying level of education. Theses people have limited opportunities when it comes to earn their living, which many seem to ignore with their ideals.

Protestors are free to protest, but vandalism to get their message across is not my cup of tea. Nor is laying down on or blocking highways, only to disrupt the daily lives of others for their own cause. Protesting on a Public Highway, to me is a criminal offense.

I don't see any from the Protesting sides (and there are other groups) offering any viable solution for all of those that depend on the Fossil Fuel industry and would be severely impacted by its extinction.

Whilst I may not be around to see it, I would bet on the fact that Fossil Fuels will still be used well into the next century. But then again that is just my view.

Am I passionate about the Fossil Fuel industry and advocate for it, the answer is yes. Not to mention, that I don't go out in Highways to express my view. [-( \:D/

To coin a phrase, "Rome wasn't built in a Day"

pipoz44
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 2, 2023, 2:21 pm

It's wrong and I cannot understand why they protestors are not being charged and or fined for their actions. [-( [-(

I can only speculate that the Politicians and or upper establishment of the Police, have told their police on the ground to not arrest those stopping the traffic or take a more softer approach. Ineffective Policing. Worried about losing Votes. :-$ :-$

There is no reason why the Police cannot instruct a legal instruction to the protestors sitting in the middle of the road, to protest on the other side of the guardrail, and not to obstruct the traffic? So why don't they :-k :-k

And the man gets out and tells the Police to "Get off the Van, get off my F ...Van.......absolutely disgusting mate" \:D/ \:D/

And the Protestors are
1.Touching the vehicles? is that not an offense?
2.Painting the walls and buildings. Has to be a criminal offense to deface property?(second video)

Then just listen to the Bull s...t coming out of the mouth of the woman at the end of the second video.

Still it is good to see some Brits with common sense at the end, intervening.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “World News”