Racists in Government

World news discussion forum
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Racists in Government

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 18, 2023, 3:40 pm

I am sure governments in the U.S., the U.K., Australia and so on have their share of racists in their left-wing parties. The Government of Canada really pulled a boner when they hired this guy. A racist hired to provide anti-racist training. I wonder how much he was able to pilfer from Canadian tax payers before the government sort of admitted they made a mistake.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politic ... -2009-and/

https://www.westernstandard.news/news/b ... 38857.html

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... id-nothing

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Racists in Government

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2023, 4:32 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 18, 2023, 3:40 pm
I am sure governments in the U.S., the U.K., Australia and so on have their share of racists in their left-wing parties. The Government of Canada really pulled a boner when they hired this guy. A racist hired to provide anti-racist training. I wonder how much he was able to pilfer from Canadian tax payers before the government sort of admitted they made a mistake.

LYM,

You have just displayed your utter ignorance on Australia's political make-up. There are zero racists in either the Greens or the ALP, if any member uttered a racist comment, they would be expelled from the party immediately. Left-wing racists in Australia, utter BS. The racial vilification legislation in Australia is extremely well-known and enforced. After decades as an ALP member and officer, I cannot only recall one single incident of racism. To their credit, the liberal party expelled a racist member a few weeks ago in Victoria.

Religious outburst have occurred, a spill over between Hindu and Muslim factions, it was dealt with severely by the administrative committee. The member narrowly escaped expulsion but has been banned from holding office or being involved in activities for 2 years.

But you are sure, what makes you sure? Your own bias as that is all you have to go on.

I suggest you stop making posts on subjects where you have zero knowledge.
Last edited by Whistler on May 18, 2023, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 18, 2023, 4:41 pm

Remember, attack the post and not the poster or some nonsense like that :pirate:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 18, 2023, 4:43 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 18, 2023, 4:32 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 18, 2023, 3:40 pm

LYM,

You have just displayed your utter ignorance on Australia's political make-up. There are zero racists in either the Greens or the ALP, if any member uttered a racist comment, they would be expelled from the party immediately. Left-wing racists in Australia, utter BS. The racial vilification legislation in Australia is extremely well-known and enforced. After decades as an ALP member and officer, I cannot recall one single incident of racism. To their credit, the liberal party expelled a racist member a few weeks ago in Victoria.

But you are sure, what makes you sure? Your own bias as that is all you have to go on.

I suggest you stop making posts on subjects where you have zero knowledge.

Here you go giving orders again as if you are the dictator. Well, you aren't yet. Keep trying though, it becomes you.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2023, 4:45 pm

The word suggest is not giving an order. you changed the wording on a previous post from Fascist to Nazi, now you change the word suggest to order.

How about a bit of honesty?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2023, 5:28 pm

Uncle, both sides of Australian politics have had their fair share of racists over the years, but fortunately it is something which is rarely seen these days. 👍

People with such tendencies would probably be weeded out in the pre-selection process for candidates, which is pretty vigorous for all major parties. Though not perfect of course.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2023, 7:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2023, 5:28 pm
Uncle, both sides of Australian politics have had their fair share of racists over the years, but fortunately it is something which is rarely seen these days. 👍

People with such tendencies would probably be weeded out in the pre-selection process for candidates, which is pretty vigorous for all major parties. Though not perfect of course.
Note Jack, he only stated there were racists in the left of Australian politics, the right of course are pure as the driven snow.

There would be a lot more honesty in LYM's post if he did not make sweeping statements. Scratch the surface of any society and you will find some racism. What is valid, is if racism is widespread and institutionalized, not if there are just a few examples in an otherwise tolerant society.

LYM sets about to demonise anybody Left of his entrenched extreme Right wing views, there is no balance in his pronouncements, just bile against progressives.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2023, 8:48 pm

That's one perspective.

I see LYM as moderately right, and far from extreme. I also see him as trying to add some balance to what he may see as "entrenched extreme left wing views" on different threads here.

And as we learned from your Vox linked article on the Fascist thread, balance is important, yes.
Scratch the surface of any society and you will find some racism. What is valid, is if racism is widespread and institutionalized, not if there are just a few examples in an otherwise tolerant society.
Replace "racism"with "Fascism" in your statement. and without being overwrought, we could well be on the same page.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2023, 9:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2023, 8:48 pm
That's one perspective.

I see LYM as moderately right, and far from extreme. I also see him as trying to add some balance to what he may see as "entrenched extreme left wing views" on different threads here.

And as we learned from your Vox linked article on the Fascist thread, balance is important, yes.
Scratch the surface of any society and you will find some racism. What is valid, is if racism is widespread and institutionalized, not if there are just a few examples in an otherwise tolerant society.
Replace "racism"with "Fascism" in your statement. and without being overwrought, we could well be on the same page.
A left-wing Fascist. You are a funny man.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2023, 1:37 am

For context, an opinion piece on former Australian Liberal Party PM Scott Morrrison, dated 9 April 2022

"Despite our self-congratulatory rhetoric about being a thriving multicultural nation, in many ways Australia is more of an “ethnocracy” than a democracy."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -a-fair-go

And

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... t-morrison
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2023, 9:52 am

The original statement by LYM was he was sure there were racists in the left-wing parties in Australia. (A statement without any evidence whatsoever).

Scott Morrison, for those that do not know, is very much on the Right, so I am not sure this latest post is relevant to the thread at all.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2023, 10:17 am

Whistler wrote:
May 19, 2023, 9:52 am
The original statement by LYM was he was sure there were racists in the left-wing parties in Australia. (A statement without any evidence whatsoever).
A recent post where LYM politely acknowledged this oversight with regard to Australian politics has subsequently disappeared. Maybe he should have reserved his additional comments. Maybe not.
Scott Morrison, for those that do not know, is very much on the Right,
With my careful inclusion of the fact that he was the Liberal former PM in my post, I reckon the incredibly well-read and learned UM collective already managed to work that out all by themselves, unaided.
so I am not sure this latest post is relevant to the thread at all.
Of course you wouldn't dear.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2023, 10:25 am

another arrogant post by our revived mini troll

Return to “World News”