El Chapo's son apprehended

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

El Chapo's son apprehended

Post by tamada » January 6, 2023, 6:27 am

"Drug lord Ovidio Guzmán, the son of notorious kingpin ‘El Chapo’ and a major fentanyl trafficker, captured by Mexican authorities.

The arrest, reported by Mexican media and confirmed by a senior Mexican security official, came just days before President Biden is set to arrive in Mexico. Guzmán has played a prominent role in the powerful Sinaloa cartel since his father’s arrest in 2016."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -el-chapo/

We can expect his "escape" from custody just days after Biden flies home.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: El Chapo's son apprehended

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2023, 8:36 am

A much needed news boost and photo op for both the Mexicans and the Gringo Biden...

I wonder what percentage of the US population speak Mexican now ?? must be at least 50, 60 70% as sleepy Jo n Kamagra Harris have allowed them to flood in ..much the same as the inflatable immos arriving daily in the UK.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 6, 2023, 9:32 am

DM. For fiscal 2022, 900,000 migrated to USA legally, about 560,000 were border intercepts

Far more became illegals in 2022 by overstaying visas.

The simple fact is that when there is political instability in central and south America, there is an increase in people trying to escape. Between 2016 and 2020 (Trumps time in office), border intercepts soared and it's getting worse, but not due to policy changes. Political unrest in Colombia, Venezuela, Nicaragua etc.

The two links below explain the turmoil and the impact on border pressures

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/why ... ersistent/
FT_21.11.01_MexicoBorder_1a.png
No American government, Democrat or Republican has ever managed to control that flow. The wall was an utter joke.

People should also note, there has been no changes on border policy between the Trump or Biden administrations, zero! The policy changes once inside the USA, has changed a bit, kids are not put inside cages and families are not separated, a very humane policy IMHO.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 7, 2023, 7:20 am

America like everything else runs the best advert for migration "the richest country" the land of "dreams" who wouldn't want to go there if you live in poverty or in a violent society, they simply make it sound like the best place in the world to live. maybe if the stopped advertising how good it is they might stop coming. first start demolish the statue of liberty, so outdated.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 7, 2023, 9:33 am

Perhaps if one lives in a violent society the U.S.A. would feel just like home.

Following the destruction of the Statue of Liberty you could join your woke friends in demolishing statues of any so-called U.S. white heroes, Confederate soldiers, Mt. Rushmore et al. You'll have yourself a ball wrecking stuff.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 7, 2023, 10:51 am

woke T-Shirt gif.gif
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 7, 2023, 11:54 am

The "wall" didn't work? Oh, I think for the most part it did, causing illegals to flow to areas with lower border security.

Never stopped the flow? I lived in El Paso Texas across the Rio Grande from Juarez from 92-94. In that period the regional Boder Patrol Chief, 2nd generation Mexican-American Fernando Reytes unokemebted "Operation Hold the Line". With nearly unlimited overtime paid to officers a blockade along the Rio Grande embankment of pukey green BP suburbans every 100 meters stopped any illegals from slipping into El Paso. Fences and easy entry points along the river were repaired or blocked. Any illegals apprehended in El Paso area were put on buses to the Arizona/Nogales checkpoint and put back into Mexico there. Any caught in the New Mexico to Arizona area were put on buses to El Paso and put back into Mexico over the bridge into Juarez. It worked.. But, the flow back then was far less than it is now. Then too, it was primarily Mexicans trying to come in rather than a large percentage today being Central and South American along with Haitians, Cubans, and numerous other nationalities.

Addiutionally the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment then at Fort Bliss, partnered with Border Patrol agents putting Bradley Fighting vehicles with US Army infantry along with a BP officer into overwatch positions along the border. The Bradley's thermal/night vision optics aided intercepting groups slipping across the border north of El Paso into the New Mexico desert. The military were armed but with rule of engagement that they couldn't fire unless fired upon. The BP officer with them conducted any law enforcement tasks.

But, border enforcement is but one small portion of the problem. Yes, the "draw" to come to the United States is huge. That revolves around being able to get a job. The Federal Government instituted the E-Verify system on a voluntary basis for employers to screen the citizenship of any job applicant. Unfortunately, it was never legistlated to become mandatory. Congress should do that and add harsh criminal penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegals. No jobs, pfffffffft!!! the draw would die quickly.

As for the millions of illegals, asylees, and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) people in the States at this time, well, Congress, thos feckloess a-holes have failed to move on any legislation to deal with those issues. How many people fall into those categories? Probably up to 20 million but who knows. You can't kick them out, that's utterly impractical So, some type of legislative solution needs to be put in place to deal with it.. Don't ask me what it might be though.. I haven't a clue, it is too bloody huge..
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 7, 2023, 12:18 pm

Very informative post Dave. I left Texas three years before your time in El Paso. There were so many illegals in Texas it wasn't funny. Not all bad, they provided plenty of cheap labour. Every morning on East 6th St in Austin, farmers would arrive in trucks and pick up xxxxxxxx to work on their farms, wages were crap, but the xxxxxxxx were happy with five bucks an hour and South Texas farmers relied on their labour to harvest crops.

When one of those pucky coloured INS cars drove past a farm, it was hasta lavesta time with the Mexicans running like hell away from the inspectors. A mate of mine bought a Chevy same pale green colour just for the entertainment value of driving on the FM roads.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2023, 12:31 pm

Extradition halted of El Chapos son .. too many killed in the arrest raid.. oh and easier for him to escape when in Meciko

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/06/amer ... index.html

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “World News”