Biden Fist Bumps with Saudi Crown Prince

World news discussion forum
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Biden Fist Bumps with Saudi Crown Prince

Post by Khun Paul » July 22, 2022, 7:07 am

Given all this information the MURKY history surrounding Russia / Ukraine is centuries old and Russland is Ukraine, but names change as do allegiances over the years
The population of both are so intermingledf that is is only the oppresiveness of Russia that turns people off Russia and towards a more welcoming Ukraine.
Like the Middle east these people have been arguing and fighting since well before our time in one form or another, wars have been fought and lives lost on both sides . It basically stopped under the USSR but after that collapsed, then the old wounds reappeared and so this story will continue .ad infinitum.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 22, 2022, 2:51 pm

Yemen war is a civil conflict, slightly similar to the Vietnam war with Saudi playing America and Iran playing Russia or China.

As the world has changed, I'm ok (for what it's worth) with America doing both bigger military and economic packages with Saudi....if it would stop them from buying Russian oil and move them farther away from Putin's Russia.

"Biggest Threats to the World, Putin and Climate Change." So, fist pumps/high-fives/tik-tok dance with MBS....if it helps weaken Putin's Russia is ok in my book.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 22, 2022, 3:52 pm

Mosquito wrote:
July 22, 2022, 2:51 pm
Yemen war is a civil conflict, slightly similar to the Vietnam war with Saudi playing America and Iran playing Russia or China.

As the world has changed, I'm ok (for what it's worth) with America doing both bigger military and economic packages with Saudi....if it would stop them from buying Russian oil and move them farther away from Putin's Russia.

"Biggest Threats to the World, Putin and Climate Change." So, fist pumps/high-fives/tik-tok dance with MBS....if it helps weaken Putin's Russia is ok in my book.
They're called proxy wars.

No problems with securing your nation's energy security first but if my tax dollars were being gifted to despots and dictators to spend on killing the innocent, I would feel a tad guilty in my energy comfort zone.

China is still the biggest threat. To coin a phrase that Tom Tugendhat arguably used too often in relation to the Tory leadership rodeo, the Ukraine conflict is "a knife fight in a phone box."

Just my opinion.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 22, 2022, 5:10 pm

Screw securing either US or British energy security, I'm all about the global threat in LIVES Russia under Putin poses (IMO).

Already stated (again, IMO), Putin by far is the worst of two evils. Thus, defeating Putin's Russia should be the priority.

Phrases/Quotes:

Results Justify the Means — used to say that a desired result is so good or important that any method, even a morally bad one, may be used to achieve it.
*Not the best mentality, but fits where Putin is concerned.

Withering on the Vine - fails or is destroyed because nobody supports it or does anything to make it successful.
*Goal with regard to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Hopefully with added help from Saudi Arabia and UAE.

If not now, when?
“John F. Kennedy said it so poignantly,” he says. “'If not us, who? If not now, when?
*My perceived urgency, Along with "git-r-done."
**Sorry, had to toss in Larry the Cable Guy for a bit of humor on a serious topic.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 23, 2022, 6:59 am

John F. Kennedy, the "If not now, when?" guy also said it was important to get energy independence in his inaugural speech. Not a criticism. Geopolitics will always frustrate statesmen of any pedigree.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”