H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee

Post by jackspratt » June 28, 2022, 9:45 pm

But wait, there's more (according to this report).
Prince Charles exploited a controversial procedure to compel government ministers to secretly change a proposed law to benefit his landed estate, according to documents uncovered by the Guardian.

Official papers unearthed in the National Archives reveal ministers in John Major’s government yielded to his demands amid fears that resisting the heir to the throne could spark a constitutional crisis.

Ministers backed down to “avoid a major row” with the prince, effectively allowing him to force the hand of the elected government.

The disclosure of the documents provides further evidence of how the royal family has used the secretive procedure known as Queen’s consent to alter legislation to benefit their private interests.........
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... en-consent
:shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 28, 2022, 9:49 pm

And she skimped on the cucumber last time I had tea at her gaff

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 29, 2022, 4:45 am

A Queen or male constitutional ruler is permitted to offer advice and opinions on proposed legislative bills. This advice does not have to be acted on by Parliament. Until Jack alerted us to the improper interference of Prince Charles in legislation, I was not aware that a Prince had the legal right to do this, or even have an opinion that Parliament had to consider. It is doubtful if former Prime Minister Winston Churchill would have permitted this. Thanks, Jack
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 29, 2022, 11:37 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 29, 2022, 4:45 am
A Queen or male constitutional ruler is permitted to offer advice and opinions on proposed legislative bills. This advice does not have to be acted on by Parliament. Until Jack alerted us to the improper interference of Prince Charles in legislation, I was not aware that a Prince had the legal right to do this, or even have an opinion that Parliament had to consider. It is doubtful if former Prime Minister Winston Churchill would have permitted this. Thanks, Jack
I did post earlier but gremlins in Admin were not working, however in response to this titbit.
Both the Queen and her Son are legally consulted on any BILL that may affect their estates Sandringham and Dichy of Cormwall to ensure controls are kept under scrutiny . Doubtful of Churchill during the war would bring anything to affect those estates at all. Like many private estates, where homes and leaseholds are the norm rather than thje exception. TO allow people to buy at a whim could destroy the general ambience of the whole People are advised prior to puirchase, but now some seem to be complaining . No-one made them buy .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2022, 12:15 pm

Since this alleged but as yet undefined 'covert' manipulation of the law by certain members of British royalty could arguably have caused some unidentified Scottish people some sort of undefined loss, it's warming to see members of all sorts of nationalities rallying rather blindly to the cause. If she had a clue, Nicola "Wee Nippy" Sturgeon would be proud of you.

FREEDUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 29, 2022, 12:23 pm

tamada wrote:
June 29, 2022, 12:15 pm
Since this alleged but as yet undefined 'covert' manipulation of the law by certain members of British royalty could arguably have caused some unidentified Scottish people some sort of undefined loss, it's warming to see members of all sorts of nationalities rallying rather blindly to the cause. If she had a clue, Nicola "Wee Nippy" Sturgeon would be proud of you.

FREEDUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
It is not alleged it is factual. regarding matters appertaining to these TWO Estates, Parliament has to forward the fraft Bills to HM and P o W to get their assent before noraml parliamentary proceedures, nothing undergand quite open . Everyone who needs to know . Know, the rest it matters not one jot
No-one is rallying and certainly does not affect the Scottish Debate one jot that is diwn to the poisoned dwarf and her sycophants

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 29, 2022, 4:13 pm

I'm not a fan of the Saxe-Coburg & Gothas. I wonder what they have gotten up to in Commonwealth countries. I hope this nonsense is confined to the UK.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 29, 2022, 4:50 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 29, 2022, 11:37 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 29, 2022, 4:45 am
I did post earlier but gremlins in Admin were not working, however in response to this titbit.
Both the Queen and her Son are legally consulted on any BILL that may affect their estates Sandringham and Dichy of Cormwall to ensure controls are kept under scrutiny . Doubtful of Churchill during the war would bring anything to affect those estates at all. Like many private estates, where homes and leaseholds are the norm rather than thje exception. TO allow people to buy at a whim could destroy the general ambience of the whole People are advised prior to puirchase, but now some seem to be complaining . No-one made them buy .
Churchill was Prime Minister after the Second World War too. He knew enough about the way the government worked to know that an individual/Queen could not change any Parliamentary legislation although the Head of State
could offer his/her opinion. I forgot about the private estates.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2022, 7:04 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 28, 2022, 9:49 pm
And she skimped on the cucumber last time I had tea at her gaff
I know that Phil has passed on, but .........

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2022, 7:13 pm

Regular legislation is edited or tweaked before it goes for "royal assent" as they have a pretty good idea what will and won't cut the royal mustard. Saves embarrassment and egg on faces. However, I think the Guardian is having an issue with the minutiae of a few, very select laws that don't apply to the Scottish hoi polloi. Certainly didn't apply to my family's castle on the Black Isle and we can still burn oil for heating and serfs for entertainment.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2022, 7:20 pm

Burning serfs at the stake just isnt the same these days

Jack , Phil was still in charge of how much cucumber was used in the sanis in them days, you knew if he didnt like you as the crusts were left on =;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2022, 7:36 pm

Crusty Phil .... not going there statts. :D

My issue is not so much about what happens - that has been exposed in the Guardian articles - but should it happen.

And the naive belief from some here that it doesn't happen. :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2022, 9:27 pm

It DOES happen, no denials have been needed because as KP would say, in the grand scheme of things, it matters not one jot.

PS: The Guardian is at a bit of a loss at the moment. What with the Spaffer in Chief hiding somewhere in Europe.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2022, 9:39 pm

I guess people have different views on grand schemes, and the importance of jots.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 30, 2022, 12:54 am

It shouldn't happen. It's wrong, wrong, wrong ...

I'm surprised how weak the British governments have reportedly been when these issues have arisen. As for the near future, I hope Kxng Charles isn't going to be given an office at 10 Downing Street. He's a notorious busybody.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 30, 2022, 6:42 am

Considering the requirement to get consent on two estates owned by the crown before passing the law has not changed for at least 200 odd years, means that it is a situation that has not in anyway affected 99/9 % of the British population so what is the problem. The NEW entitled people thinking that others have more entitlement than they do .
Oh dear how sad, never mind that is the real world live with it.
There are options if you do not like the status quo, go for a walk in DFeath valley , , where the sun will certainly destroy your brain along with your body.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 30, 2022, 11:32 am

Where did you find this "DFeath valley", KP?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 1, 2022, 12:04 am

Do you know, readers? Send your answers in to Udon Map and you could win an afternoon's viewing of Queen Victoria's Jubilee parade with live commentary from KP.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 1, 2022, 6:57 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 30, 2022, 11:32 am
Where did you find this "DFeath valley", KP?
OMG grow up, it is a typo , get better glasses and find something sunstantial to write about or be quiet . What a WAT person you are

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 1, 2022, 10:05 am

It IS now perfectly allowable to actually re read your posts and correct typos BEFORE pressing the "submit" button.
Not all members are regular readers who are aware of posters "fat fingers" and small keys syndrome :-k
BTW Udonmap also very kindly provide an "edit" button to allow posters who have unintentionally pressed the submit button before noticing an error to go bsxk nd corrwct it

Return to “World News”